Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Azianeth Soul

Chapter 9

by mellowriterx3 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-04-07 - Updated: 2011-04-08 - 1480 words

0Unrated

Chapter 9
            Everything was dark black. I kept hearing voices, calling for help. There were many different voices. Then I saw so many people in cages. They were calling for help. Then I saw a little girl reached out her hand. She grabbed my shirt, and she looked up into my eyes. She had tears in her eyes. “Please, help us, escape. So we can go home,” she said with her soft tone voice. Then she started to disappear with shadows. All the other people started to disappear, along with her. I tried to reach for her, but I was too late.
I jolted, waking up myself. I was in my room. “It was just a dream,” I thought to myself. I looked at my clock and it was only 7:00am. “Are you ok, Katalin?” I heard Stefenie’s voice say. I looked back and I saw Stefenie standing in the doorway. “Stefenie? You’re here, too?” I said. “Yeah, I’m here with everyone,” she replied. “Everyone? Like our whole Asian group?” I asked her. “Yup, there’s Kenneth, Klaude, Melanie, and me, probably others in this world,” she said as she walked over to my bed side.
            “So, are you ok? You just woke up with a horrible dream,” Stefenie said with a worried expression. “How does she know?” I thought to myself. “I know, Katalin. I can read your mind and see what you see,” Stefenie said. “How is that possible?” I asked. She grabbed my hands together and she looked straight to my eyes. “Katalin, I am, I mean all of us are not normal. And so are you,” Stefenie said in a serious tone. “We are all mythicals.”
            “Mythicals? You mean like mythical creatures?” I said stuttering. She nodded her head. “But we are good mythicals, don’t worry,” she said with a smile. “So what are you and the others? Are you like vampires, wizards, dragons, or …” Before I could continue she said, “Oh no. We’re not one of those, but they do exist. Let’s see here, I’ll start with Klaude. I think you know Klaude is a healer. He has the power to heal, just about anything. He's one of the strongest healers in our world, Mythicalist. He comes from the most powerfulness healers. His parents were the best of the best. His family was treated like royalty. But then his parents had disappeared the time we need them the most.” “What happened to them?” I said curiously. “No one knows, but maybe Klaude does,” Stefenie replies.
            “Kenneth is different. He lived his whole life without his parents. He was a street rat. He knew how to steal and survive the streets. But he lived with us. Umm, don’t think about that too much I’ll explain later. But later he became one of the army soldiers. If it wasn’t for that general who found his skills were great, and then he would have never became one. Plus Kenneth has the ability to live. He can’t die. He lives on and on. You can kill him, but he would still be alive. And so he became a general.” Stefenie said. “Wow, what a life Kenneth had,” I said.
            “Let’s see Melanie, here,” Stefenie said. She pulled out a big, brown, leathered book. It was covered with vines, locking it. It had the titled “Our People”. “I really don’t know Melanie very well, so this book would help,” Stefenie said. She laid the book on my bed and she laid her hand on the book. The book’s vines slowly released the book. Then the book opened and turned its pages. The pages finally came to a stop. I saw a picture of a girl, she looked nothing like Melanie. She was very pretty. Her smile was like an angle and her eyes looked as if it shined like the stars. She was like a real girl. “This is Melanie. Hard to believe, huh?” she asked. I nodded my head. “Yeah, I know. She is a “Disguiser”. She can change her appearance anytime and anyone. She’s one of the best ones. She lived a very peaceful life in the flower fields. She lived alone. In this book, it says she really didn’t have parents. It’s as if she just appeared into the world,” Stefenie said. “It also says that she worked for the Shadows so she could help the Lightens. She disguised herself as one of them, the Shadows.” Stefenie flipped the page, but then the page burned into ashes.
“What are you two up to?” We both looked up and we saw Melanie standing there. I looked at Melanie’s neck and it seemed like she never got a cut in the first place. Stefenie closed the book and said, “A little research, that’s all,” in a nervous tone. I noticed that Melanie’s eyes red as a sea of blood. Her face was paler than usual. “Oh really? You are telling Katalin about us?” Melanie asked, with a smile on her face. “Yes, I have to do so. It’s part of my job and she needs to know herself,” Stefenie replied in a calm way. “I think I can do the rest, your highness. Go and have your beauty sleep,” Melanie said with a slight smirk on her face. Stefenie looked at Melanie with a serious look and walked out. Melanie just smirked at Stefenie as she walked to my bed side.
            Melanie sat down on my bed and she looked at me, this time her eyes were back to its same dark color. “Melanie, Stefenie is not a bad person. She’s just a girly person. Or is it that she’s something else, too?” I said to Melanie. “Well it’s a long story, between me and Stefenie,” she started to say. “You see me and Stefenie are VERY different.” “What do you mean?” I asked. “Stefenie is a princess.”
            “A princess? Wow I’m not so surprised,” I said with a little chuckle. “Yeah, I know,” Melanie replied. “Well, I'll tell you something about me and Stefenie, ok?” I nodded my head and she said, “The reason I dislike Stefenie is because her family killed my family.” Her eyes turned into the blood red color again. I grabbed her hand and said, “What do you mean?” Her eyes turned back to normal and finally spoke again. “You see, Katalin. I’m not just one of the disguisers, but I’m also a Vampire.”
            “A vampire?” I said nervously. My heart started to beat harder to my chest. “Yes, I am. Don’t worry I won’t kill you, your blood is too special to drink,” She said calmly. My heart started to slow down and I was relieved. “Well, back to the topic. Stefenie’s family hated the vampires. The king and queen were also the vampire hunters.  My parents were the vampire clan’s head masters. I remember the last night I saw my parents. It was a stormy night, I was young.  My mom was getting worried and sensed that something was going to happen. My parents took me outside to the forest, to see what the scent was. We saw the king and queen. They were armored and had weapons that can kill vampires. My mom told me to run as far as I could. My parents held me tightly, and my dad’s last words were, Melanie, you were precious to us, don’t forget that. One day you will take our place and make the choices. Just go and run! I ran as I could, but then I turned around I saw both of my parents killed by the swords of the queen and king.  I would always remember that day. One day I will take revenge.” She clenched her fist tightly and tears of red came down her cheek. I took my sleeves and wiped her red tears off. “I’m so sorry, I wished I could have done something,” I said. “Oh, but you did,” She said. “Actually for all of us. You took all of us in when we had no place to call home or have the feeling of family.”
            “What do you mean me? I didn’t live back then with all of you guys,” I said. Melanie sighed and she looked back at me. “Katalin, there is something you need to know,” she said. “You see, are one of us, but you are the only one of you kind. You are special. You protect our worlds keeping everything equal. Keeping it with peace. With a kind heart and a strong soul.” Melanie held both of my hands and looked at me straight into the eyes. “You are the Azianthen Soul,” she said in a serious tone.
Sign up to rate and review this story