Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I fought them all off just to hold you

Chapter three

by MyBloodyTearsFall 5 reviews

Gerard plans on telling Mikey about what happened.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-04-24 - Updated: 2011-04-25 - 955 words - Complete

1Funny
Discalimer! I don't own any of these awesome guys. This is kinda of a filled chapter. hopefully there's moer action in the next chapter. Thank for the reviews! Rate and review!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________


The Lost Boys was playing on the TV while Frank cooked some pancakes for us. I felt so useless, sitting on his sofa, taking up space. I sighed. I was dressed in some sweats and a t shirt of Frank’s since I hadn’t thought of bringing clothes last night, my only thought then was to get away from that hell hole.

“What’s wrong Gee?” Frank’s voice came from the kitchen. How did he hear me? Was I really that loud? Well the kitchen was connected to the living room.

“Hmmm? Oh it’s nothing, don’t worry about it.” I said back to him, hoping he wouldn’t make much of it. I didn’t like troubling him with my problems.

I hear his footsteps as he walks over to where I’m seated. Concern is marked in his, making me feel guilty being the cause of his stress. He puts his hand on my cheek while still looking into my eyes. I lean into his hand and close my eyes. A tear silently escapes from my eye.

Before he has a chance to do anything, my cell phone starts ringing, Common People by Pulp playing. It was Mikey. I looked at Frank. Should I answer? Or pretend I wasn’t here? Was our dad making him call? Frank nods and hands me the phone. I breathe in deep before picking up.

“Hey Mikes. What’s going on?” I try to sound nonchalant.

“Where are you? You didn’t come home last night and Mom’s worried,” he sounds scared. Dad didn’t tell them anything. Should I go home and show them my wounds? Or would I receive more from dad for telling? How would they react?

“Umm. I just went out and had a few drinks. I crashed at a friend’s house.” I regretted my words instantly. Hurt smeared into Frank’s eyes at the word, friend. “Mikey?” I put the phone on speaker so Frank could hear too.

“What is it? Is everything alright?”

“I need to tell you the truth.” Deep breath “ You know how Frankie and I have been hanging out a lot?” I was going to tell him what happened. My heart raced. What if he hated me like dad? What if he didn’t even want to be seen with me? I grabbed my boyfriend’s hand and squeezed.

“Yeah, what about it? You’re best friends.” His voice is confused yet curious.

“We’re more than best friends, Mikey.” I take another deep breath before continuing. “He’s my boyfriend and I love him.”

Silence is on the other line. I stare at Frank who looks a bit anxious yet cheerful.
“Really?! Well finally! I knew you liked him; I just didn’t want to say anything. So you guys are together now?” There’s a smile in his voice.

“How long did you know?” This was unexpected but I wanted to burst out in happy tears.

“I’ve known for the longest time, bro! Don’t even worry I won’t tell anyone. As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters.”

I hugged Frank and we both laughed in joy. “Yeah Mikes, that’s all that matters,” I quickly steal a kiss from Frank while he’s still smiling. He giggles before kissing me back.

“So why didn’t you come home?”

Shit. How was I suppose to tell him our dad beat me? “Mikey? Could you come over to Frank’s? I’d rather tell you in person instead of on the phone.”

“Sure no problem I’ll just tell dad to drop me-“

I cut him off desperately. “NO!”

“What’s wrong?”

“Don’t tell him where you’re going, please!” I plead. I didn’t want dad hurting Frank too or knowing where I was for that matter.

“Uhh okay fine. I’ll walk. See you soon.”

“Hey can you do me a favor before you leave?”

“Yeah, anything you need?”

“Could bring me some clothes like for…” I didn’t know how long I was staying.

“For a week!” Frank quickly interjects.


“Damn, Gerard! Do you plan on moving in?”
“ Just please Mikes! I’ll explain when you get here. Don’t let mom or dad see you with my clothes though.”

“Fine I’ll bring them in one your backpacks”

“Thanks, bro. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

“I’ll be there in like half an hour. See you.”

“Bye...” My voice trails off. That was close. I hang up the phone.


“Are you ready for this?” Frank asks, still holding my hand.

“Yeah. He’s cool with us being together. I just wonder how he’s gonna take this,” I point to my eye.

“I don’t know, babe. But whatever happens I’ll be here.” His lips are soft against mine, reassuring.

I pull away suddenly when I catch the scent of something. “What’s that smell?” I sniff the air. It smells like something burning.

Frank stares at me. “Shit! The pancakes!” He jumps up and runs to the kitchen. I follow close behind.

I laugh at the black mess that was supposedly a pancake, grabbing a fork and poking at it.

“Don’t laugh!” He says in mock offense before laughing as well.

“At least only one burned. We still have these delicious babies over here” I grab the plate of pancakes he had made. Holding them up like a model on those gameshows.
Sign up to rate and review this story