Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Window to the Soul

Meet the Family

by Magical_Me 2 reviews

Harry's 'family' arrive at hogwarts...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Humor - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Lupin, Sirius - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-05-24 - Updated: 2006-05-24 - 3659 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer - Don't own anything. Well I do own something's but not the rights to Harry Potter, they go to J K Rowling and other lucky so and so's.

Chapter six - Family

Break this heavy chain,
That does freeze my bones around.
Selfish! Vain!
Eternal bane!
That free love with bondage bound.

Earths Answer - William Blake (Songs of Experience)

Almost three weeks has passed since that eventful sorting of Harry's and he is being quite successful in all of his subjects and has helped the Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons by providing in abundance a large selection of magical creatures, both dark and neutral, though everyone present in any of these lessons can hardly not notice that there is a lack of light creatures.

We will now be present to the event that Dumbledore and the rest of the staff at Hogwarts has been dreading since the arrival of Mr Potter. We will be witness to the arrival of Harry's adoptive family. The rare species that they are, ad the violent protective family that they are thought to be. However, not much else is known about their species as they were always thought to be myth. However, as we and everyone else at Hogwarts is about to find out. They aren't a myth. They are real and very angry.

*

Harry walked through the corridors speaking very fast French to the girl who was walking next to him. The girl had very bushy brunette hair and large brown eyes and was, strangely enough, replying to Harry in fluent French as well. Now if anyone was walking down those halls and was new to them, they would think that they had the wrong place and were in fact in Beauxbatons, but they would be wrong. One of this pair is in fact a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. That would be the girl talking to Harry Potter. Her name is Hermione Granger.

This unusual pair walked down the staircase and into the entrance hall, then walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down next to another girl, Padma Patil. She, in turn greeted both of them in French and then carried on eating her dinner, whilst the other two piled food onto their plates and Harry set a now very large snake down on the floor next to his feet.

The students of Hogwarts had now gotten used to the large Persephone being around Harry and so this action only caused light alarm from those who still didn't trust snakes or Harry completely. Namely, the Gryffindors.

Harry piled a large amount of food onto his plate and then started to make his way through it, answering the questions that Hermione and Padma would ask him about the recent homework assignments from Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. He had made his way through half of the food on his plate when the doors to the great hall slammed open and everyone eating stopped and looked up. Anyone watching Harry at this moment would have seen him look up in alarm and then smirk when he saw who it was. Of course everyone was too busy watching the stranger to notice Harry.

The tall man was wearing long black robes with a large hood that covered his face. The bottom of the robes had what could only be described as flames licking the edges and the man himself, carried an aura of danger. He walked straight up the centre of the room, ignoring the threatening looks coming from the teachers and stopped so that he was standing in line with Harry's eye line. This of course was not noticed by anyone except Remus. Who then noticed the look on Harry's face and put two and two together.

"Harry's family has arrived. I can't sense what they are but it is not human." He muttered to Sirius, who nodded and looked at Harry.

Dumbledore at this point was furious. How dare this stranger barge into the great hall and not show the remotest of fears towards him! He stood up and pulled out his wand, giving off an almost suffocating threatening aura with all of his might.

"Leave now stranger and you will not come to any harm. Stay and no one can guarantee your safety." Dumbledore boomed, ignoring the snort from one of the students.

"I think I will stay. You, the Great Albus Dumbledore, do not scare me. There is nothing that you can do to harm me." the stranger said, taking another step forward. "I am here for a reason." He said, and then he turned and looked at the Ravenclaw table, making most students cower or inch away. All but three. Harry, Hermione and Padma. Harry stood up and started to walk around the tables.

SS Can't resist making a scene can you Delio! Anyway, why are you here and not father? SS

"I am you protector. Why shouldn't I be the one to come?" the strangers voice, to those listening closely, had a hint of a whine in it, which made Harry snigger.

SS Ah, daddy let you come. So then, who else is here and are they all in the forest? SS

"Yes. And you know the answer to the first one. Everyone." This answer obviously stunned Harry as he stopped walking and glanced at the windows in the direction of the forest.

SS Everyone? For me? The whole clan came for me? Why? SS

"You are important to us brother. Come now, we will take you home." The stranger said, Harry smiled, his happiness obvious and ran the rest of the way to the stranger and enveloped him in a hug.

SS Really!! Thank god for that. I have never felt so trapped in all my life!!! They held me here without my consent and I couldn't get any word to you. SS

"We know. All of the snakes in the forest outside could feel the distress of the Snake-child. However they say that recently it has subsided a bit." Delio said. Harry nodded and then reached up and took the hood of the stranger down, grinning mischievously. The whole hall gasped when they saw the strangers face. He had a young looking face, looking the same age as Harry and had jet-black hair that was bright red underneath. However it was his eyes that caused most to look away. The irises were the same red as his hair and seemed to glow. His skin was deathly pale. When he spoke again it caused many of the younger students to faint or cry out. The older ones, being to shocked to even make a whimper. He had fangs. "Sal!!! That was mean!! They were all scared by the mysterious stranger and now they can see my face, they're not!!" he whined. Harry laughed and then looked around him.

SS Look around! They are all still terrified. They think you are a bloodsucking Vampire. SS

"What!!! A Vampire!! Hmph. I think not. Pfft. How could they think I am a 'all mighty I rule the underworld' Vampire? I don't even look like one!!"

SS Yeah. Anyway, shall we take this somewhere else. How about my 'room' here? I don't like everyone else listening in to my conversation. SS

"Listening to the conversation? How can they listen in the conversation? All you bloody do is hiss like that snake bonded of yours. It is quite creepy when you aren't used to it. But fair enough, I will go and get father and then we can talk. Coming?"

SS I am not allowed outside. They don't trust that I won't run outside and as far as I can tell there is a charm around all the windows and doors that will prevent me from doing as such. SS

"What! That is below the belt. Oh god, dad is going to be so angry. And mother is furious already. It has been unbearable. She even set fire to Antonio!! Actually it was quite funny. But really though, she is really angry and you know what she's like when she's angry." To everyone (who was conscious)'s shock, Harry visibly shuddered and then glanced out of the window in longing. He hissed something else to Delio who nodded and then quickly walked back out of the hall, with his robes whipping around him in an invisible wind.

Harry looked behind him and glared at Dumbledore then walked slowly towards the doors in the great hall. He stopped but didn't turn around when Dumbledore shouted after him.

"Wait! You must tell me who they are!! We can then meet in my office. I assume that they will be coming back." Harry nodded. "Good, well we will wait in the entrance hall for them and then go to my office. Sirius and Remus may attend as well or course."

"'Ermione et Padma." Harry said with a strong French accent.

"Er... yes okay. Those to may attend as well if they wish. Though I will advise you two not to as it may become dangerous. Vampires are not known to be friendly and Mr Potter here has been very lucky, not being killed on sight, when they found him all those years ago." Harry rolled his eyes and then looked at Hermione and Padma, then at Sirius and Remus and raised an eyebrow.

"We will go. We want to be there for Harry." Hermione said and stood up and walked through the tables to stand next to Harry, with Padma following close behind.

"Yes, as will we, though Dumbledore, they are not vampires to the best for my knowledge." Remus said, tapping his nose and raising his eyebrow at Dumbledore. Dumbledore looked shocked for a second and then nodded.

"Very well, come on then, the six of us will wait in the entrance hall and then we can speak openly in my office." Dumbledore said, slowly loosing control of the situation. He then walked over to the trio by the door, followed by Sirius and Remus and then all six walked but of the great hall, leaving the rest of the occupants of Hogwarts to mutter and gossip about the ever elusive Harry Potter.

*

"What I don't get is how the two biggest bookworms that this school has is befriended by the Harry Potter. It isn't fair. Why won't he be friends with us?" dean Thomas said, watching Harry and Hermione walk into the great hall and sit down next to Padma Patil at the Ravenclaw table.

"What you mean you actually want to be friends with the weird snake tongue? You wouldn't be able to have a decent conversation with him anyway. He doesn't speak a language that anyone understands. He can only hiss at everyone." Ron said, piling even more food onto his plate.

"Didn't you know? Do you have Arithmancy or Ancient Runes?" Neville Longbottom asked timidly

"No why?"

"He takes both of them because apparently he has NEWTS in everything. He even got taught Divination by a /centaur/. but well in the lessons at first he wrote all of his homework assignments in parseltongue and well, when I walked into the lesson yesterday, only those three were in there and they were talking! And not in parseltongue. I think all three of them can speak fluent French."

"Yeah, I heard he is teaching them how to write in parseltongue, but it isn't possible to learn how to speak it." Dean Thomas said, giving his penny's worth.

"I heard that, you know Professor Black's assistant, Remus Lupin. Well he became bonded with one of Harry's snake companions and so now can understand parseltongue when his snake speaks it."

"Wow. That is cool, do you think if we all found a snake to bond to then we would be able to understand parseltongue?" another boy, Seamus Finnegan said, grabbing a chicken wing from the plate in front of Ron.

"Yeah well I think that it would be-" Ron started to say but then stopped when the doors to the Great Hall were thrown open with a large bang and a man wearing all black, who, to Ron, seemed to be walking on a small cloud of fire, walked in. as soon as the four boys looked at him they all shuddered and felt a deep sense of dread. They only felt a tiny bit better when Dumbledore stood and spoke to the stranger

"Leave now stranger and you will not come to any harm. Stay and no one can guarantee your safety." Dumbledore boomed. Ron looked around when he heard a snort come from one of the other tables, wondering who and why they did it.

"I think I will stay. You, the Great Albus Dumbledore, do not scare me. There is nothing that you can do to harm me." The stranger said, taking away whatever sense of relief that the students felt when Dumbledore spoke. "I am here for a reason." He said. Ron and his friends watched in fascination as the stranger turned and looked at the very people whom they were just talking about before the man arrived.

"What does he want with them? What do they, besides Harry, have to offer to him? Do you think he is one His followers?" Ron hissed over his shoulder to his friends, but never taking his eyes of the strange man.

"I don't know, but look! Harry is standing up. He must know him!" Neville said, pointing at Harry, who was now hissing something to the man.

"What did he say?"

"I don't know but it seems the man understands." Ron said, as the other man replied.

"I am you protector. Why shouldn't I be the one to come?" the stranger's voice, to those listening closely, had a hint of a whine in it, which made Harry snigger.

"What does he find so funny?" dean asked in astonishment as Harry started to hiss something else to the man.

"Yes. And you know the answer to the first one. Everyone." Everyone in the hall watched as this statement to the mystery question obviously stunned Harry and he gasped lightly

"What do you think Harry asked?" Seamus asked, still none of them taking their eyes off of the strange duo.

"Dunno, but do you think we are in danger?" Neville asked, his voice having a small waver of fear in it.

"You are important to us brother. Come now, we will take you home." The stranger said, Harry smiled, his happiness obvious and ran the rest of the way to the stranger and enveloped him in a hug.

"Brother? He has a brother? I thought that Harry was an only child? Who is this man? The Potter's didn't have any other children besides Harry did they?" Seamus asked.

"No they never. I would have known, my dad would have told me of any other Potter children. Maybe this is who took him away from his Muggle relatives.

"We know. All of the snakes in the forest outside could feel the distress of the Snake-child. However they say that recently it has subsided a bit." Delio said. Ron watched as Harry seemed to have a mischievous glint in his eyes that his brothers used to get when they were going to prank someone and then gasped with the hall when he saw the face that was previously hidden by the hood. The man had a young looking face, looking the same age as Harry and had jet-black hair that was bright red underneath. However it was his eyes that caused fear deep in Ron's heart. The irises were the same red as his hair and seemed to glow. His skin was deathly pale. When he spoke again it caused many of the younger students to faint or cry out. The older ones, being to shocked to even make a whimper. He had fangs. "Sal!!! That was mean!! They were all scared by the mysterious stranger and now they can see my face, they're not!!" he whined. Harry laughed and then looked around him.

"He's a Vampire! How are we supposed to protect ourselves from that? Oh god, we're going to die." Neville moaned, stopping with a small yelp when Ron kicked him under the table.

"What!!! A Vampire!! Hmph. I think not. Pfft. How could they think I am a 'all mighty I rule the underworld' Vampire? I don't even look like one!!"

"Is he not a Vampire then? He looks like one." Ron whispered to Seamus, who was sitting in front of him. Seamus nodded and frowned in confusion, obviously thinking along the same lines.

"Listening to the conversation? How can they listen in the conversation? All you bloody do is hiss like that snake bonded of yours. It is quite creepy when you aren't used to it. But fair enough, I will go and get father and then we can talk. Coming?"

"He's right you know, this is damn well irritating, only understanding one half of the conversation. Where do you think they are going?"

"I dunno, but whatever Harry just said, it didn't go down well with the other man, look at him." Dean whispered, pointing to the bottom of the mans robes, where the fire had flared up violently and turned a foreboding black.

"What! That is below the belt. Oh god, dad is going to be so angry. And mother is furious already. It has been unbearable. She even set fire to Antonio!! Actually it was quite funny. But really though, she is really angry and you know what she's like when she's angry." To everyone (who was conscious)'s shock, Harry visibly shuddered and then glanced out of the window in longing. He hissed something else to Delio who nodded and then quickly walked back out of the hall, with his robes whipping around him in an invisible wind.

"What do you think his mum is going to do to us? I mean if Harry looks scared, what should we be feeling." Seamus whispered. Neville whimpered quietly while Ron visibly gulped.

"Dunno, but I thought that only Snape could do that with his robes. Do you think they spell them to do that?" Dean asked innocently, making Seamus snigger despite the given situation.

They all watched as Harry looked over his shoulder and glared at Dumbledore then walked slowly towards the doors in the great hall. He stopped but didn't turn around when Dumbledore shouted after him.

"Wait! You must tell me who they are!! We can then meet in my office. I assume that they will be coming back." Harry nodded. "Good, well we will wait in the entrance hall for them and then go to my office. Sirius and Remus may attend as well or course."

"'Ermione et Padma." Harry said with a strong French accent.

"Why does he want those two to go with him! I should be able to go, being the ministers son and all!! Hmph." Ron said, suddenly forgetting about his previous fear.

"What you seem to have forgotten is that if he can speak in French and understand English, then there is a large chance that he can speak English." The girl next to Dean whispered.

"Ginny's got a point there."

"Hmm. Maybe we should tell dad about this." Ron said to his sister. Ginny nodded and then the they turned their attention back to what was happening with Harry and Dumbledore.

"We will go. We want to be there for Harry." Hermione said and stood up and walked through the tables to stand next to Harry, with Padma following close behind.

"What did Dumbledore tell them?"

"That it might be dangerous to go and that Harry was lucky he wasn't killed when he was found by them. Though I don't think Harry agreed as he rolled his eyes and then smirked.

"Yes, as will we, though Dumbledore, they are not vampires to the best for my knowledge." Remus said, tapping his nose and raising his eyebrow at Dumbledore. Dumbledore looked shocked for a second and then nodded.

"Anyone else never seen a shocked Dumbledore? I thought he was impervious to shock." Seamus hissed. Ron and Dean both nodded in agreement and Neville looked to shocked to speak.

"Very well, come on then, the six of us will wait in the entrance hall and then we can speak openly in my office." Dumbledore said, slowly loosing control of the situation. He then walked over to the trio by the door, followed by Sirius and Remus and then all six walked but of the great hall, leaving Ron and friends to watch them leave and then mutter amongst themselves.

"Ron, I think we should tell dad about the guest here and ask him if he knew already, coz I bet that Dumbledore has kept it from him."

"Yeah come on." Ron said, standing up with Ginny. He then turned and looked at his friends. "Are you three coming as well, or are you going to stay here?"

"Nah, we'll come, you never know, we might see that weird man again, and by the sounds of it, there is more of them." Dean said, as the rest of them stood up and they all walked out of the hall, all not sure whether they wanted to see the rest of the people who were here for Harry or not. If you listened closely, you could hear a quiet collective sigh between the group when it became clear that the group had already gone.

A/N - Well yet another chapter and yay!! Harry's family has arrived, well quite a lot of people kept asking about his family and here they are. In the next chapter you will find out what they are, big hints are found throughout the chapter, one of them being what he is wearing. Any guesses are welcome, although I have made it up, so... anyway!!! Review!!! Thank you!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story