Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Window to the Soul

Allegiances

by Magical_Me 0 reviews

Harry is still in the forbidden forest and Sirius and Remus learn more about their ayward charge

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-05-24 - Updated: 2006-05-24 - 2112 words

0Unrated
Wooo!! i got into the university i applied to!! yay!! and so to celebrate i have decided to update and give you another chapter!!! aren't i nice!!

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter. Yay for me...

Chapter Nine - Alliances

When wolves and tigers howl for prey
They pitying stand and weep,
Seeking to drive their thirst away.

Night - William Blake (Songs of Innocence)

The last we saw of Harry, he had managed to gain allegiance with the centaurs by giving them what the ministry had refused them because they were half-breeds and dubbed dangerous. Harry had given them all wands.

Now Harry needs to gain allegiance with the more dangerous creaturs in this highly magical forest. If he gains it then it will soon become clear which side of the war will win...

*

Harry wandered through the forest, searching for the entrance to the acromantula nest, that Valdes, the eldest elder (?) had said was called Aragog. Which Harry warily noticed meant danger in elfish. He had passed the tree that had grown with a hole in the middle, which Harry couldn't get his head around and so had proceeded to stare at it for a full fifteen minutes before a small voice in his mind told him that he was looking for something other than a weird tree and that he should be moving on. Which had lead him to where he was now. Lost.

Looking around he realised that he really did have no idea where he was, he also knew that Hagrid came to the spider frequently, and so if he didn't find the nest soon, there was every chance that Hagrid would find him instead. Which was unacceptable. Gah, damn his lack of a sense of direction.

He suddenly looked down as he heard a minute voice chuntering about lack of respect and being in the way. In amidst the various roots and leaves was a small brown snake that was staring at his foot, as if hoping that it would incinerate if it stared hard enough. Harry grinned at the abuse the small snake was giving his foot and so moved it and knelt in front of the snake.

SS Hello. Er... can you help me please? SS

SS A speaker? I haven't ever had the pleasure of speaking to a human before, though my parents used to speak of great wizards being able to speak to snakes. That is in the past however and most of us had lost hope of ever meeting a speaker. Now I have the pleasure!! SS Harry sniggered at the snakes enthusiasm and decided to interrupt it.

SS I was wondering if you could help me to find Aragog's lair? I seem to have become lost. SS

SS Of course, I would be delighted to, in fact I will lead you there, but then will you come with me to my nest? I would greatly appreciate it and I know many of the other snakes in the forest would as well. SS

SS Sure. I have a favour to ask of the snakes anyway. SS Harry replied, having an idea about the snakes part in this war. He stood up and followed the snake, backtracking on most of his journey from the Weird Holey Tree (as Harry had affectionately called it) and turning left instead of right. Ah that was where he went wrong then. It wasn't long before he was lead to a large hole underneath a tree that had millions of small spiders leading inside. that'll be the nest then Harry thought, he then thanked the snake and walked down into the nest, hoping that the large spider had already eaten and wasn't hungry.

At the end of the tunnel, was what looked like large cave. He stepped into the middle of I, trying to ignore the nervous feeling he was getting in the pit of his stomach that he was going to be eaten. Of course this wasn't helped by the angry clicking of the of the spiders surrounding him. finally he bit the bullet and decided to just speak out.

"Er... I have come to speak to Aragog. Can someone lead me to him?" he said, damning himself that his voice sounded to weak. He felt sure he was braver with the vampires, when it was almost certain that you would be eaten.

He gulped loudly when he heard a deep rumbling coming from deeper into the cave and he took a step back when a large spider appeared out of the depths of darkness. Harry studied the spider and noticed, with shock, that the spider was blind.

"I am Aragog. It has been a long time since a human has dared stray into our lair, and even longer since my children have tasted the flesh of a human. What is it that you want?" These statements did nothing to quell the queasy feeling Harry was feeling in his stomach..

"I have come from the centaurs, to ask the same that I asked them. I ask for your allegiance in this war. Sadly I have nothing to offer you for this allegiance, only to pledge my allegiance to you, if you so wish to have it." and please don't eat me he added in his mind.

"Allegiance? No one has ever asked for such a thing from Acromantulas. Tell me have you ever visited acromantulas before?"

"Yes. In the Black Forest of Germany I stayed with a nest of acromantulas, though I don't think I ever will again, to be honest it wasn't very comfortable. However I was assured that I would never be able to be harmed by another acromantula, hmm I had forgotten that part until now. Wonder why." He mumbled partly to himself.

"You say you stayed in the black forest? The acromantulas there are my cousins and if he has given you his blessing then I will respect that. As for the allegiance, what is it that you want from us?"

"I would just like for you to protect this forest. I have no doubt that some wizards will soon start to try to get to the forest to harm the residents of the castle. They will be wearing long black robes and white masks. Please if they come into the forest then will you either drive them away or well, kill them. Look at it this way, if you do decide to kill them, you will be able to eat them. Meaning that you and your children will be able to human flesh again to your hearts content as long as they are wearing white masks. They have to be wearing white masks though."

"I like your reasoning, I believe that my children will be happy and will understand when I say that I accept your terms. I look forward to speaking to you again human." Aragog said, making Harry sigh in relief inwardly. Harry smiled and then bowed to him, then he walked out of the cave and through the tunnel rather quickly and hissed for the young snake to take him to his home.

*

Meanwhile, back at the castle, everyone was beginning to really worry about Harry. He had been missing now for over a month and no one knew where he was, except that he was safe somewhere in the forest.

Sadly that didn't mean anything to Sirius and Remus, who were running around the castle like headless chickens. The one good thing that had come out of this disappearance was that Johnno had been accepted by Hogwarts and had become fast friends with Remus and Sirius, repeatedly telling them that Harry was fine. Not that they believed him of course.

*

"Where is he? Do you think he's alright? He could be lying in a ditch dying for all we know and we are just standing here doing nothing." Sirius said, pacing their small living room, whilst being watched by Remus and Johnno.

"He is fine. Silas asked Persephone and she told him that Harry was fine, he just needed to be alone for a while. You know he is used to his freedom and then when he comes here is treated as nothing but a child and a weapon by us all."

"It's Dumbledore that treats him like a weapon. And anyway I never wanted to cage him! I just wanted to make sure he would be safe."

"He was always safe with us you know. No one in any of the clans would have let anything happen to him. ask McNair. Actually that would be impossible, considering."

"Considering what?"

"Well he's dead."

"What!! Why?"

"He was a Death Eater. He tried to kidnap Harry when he was only nine. God knows how he found him, but he did, came really close to killing him in fact. Problem for McNair was that he had been staying with a Vampire family, that were very protective of their children. To cut a long and very gruesome story short the whole family fed on poor McNair and then he was buried somewhere in their forest.

"It was that incident that really led to Harry's training. Not magically, as I am sure he told you that it was my friend that took him to Knockturn Alley to get his wand. Once he received that he started to practising magic, I think he was eight, so it would have been about a year before the McNair incident.

"No, he was trained physically by the best in Vampire, Elf, Elemental and of course, Werewolf. We even trained him to use his wolf side to his advantage, as I am sure you have found out your self Mr Lupin. It is quite helpful at times. Though did you know if you use your ability to its strongest you can avoid any spell thrown at you. Many more do not even affect wolves, it is your human mind that lets them."

"What spells?"

"Too many to mention now, but the impedimenta jinx doesn't work on us, so we will never be slowed down, as well as a few more like that. If you train hard enough, the Imperius curse won't work, though that applies for everyone, but is easier for werewolves and Harry. Harry is also somehow, immune to the affects of the Cruciatus curse. And of course the whole wizarding world knows how he reflected and survived the Killing curse, Avada Kadavra. we haven't dared try and immunise him to that one though. shame though really."

"Wow. That is pretty cool. So if I train enough, then I will be immune to many of those curses and more?"

"Yep. So like I said at the beginning of this tedious conversation, Harry will be fine in the forest. Another thing that I should point out is that the Elemental Elves have this orb for everyone of their members of the clan and their children. Both Harry and I have one and it glows different colours depending on their mood. However it stops glowing if the person is dead and it erupts into either flames or that person element when in danger. Everyone will know if Harry is dead or in danger." Johnno finished, yawning to get his point across about the tedious conversation.

"So he is okay then. That is good. I just wish he would come back soon so that I can yell at him and then hug him. I never realised it until now, but I really need the kid." Sirius said, sitting down on one of the couches and putting his head into his hands.

"The kid has that effect on everyone. No matter the species or gender. Everyone feels the urge to either kill him or protect him. Thankfully it is only Voldemort's lackeys that want to kill him at the moment." Johnno added, seeing Sirius' panicked face.

"Right, well I think I am going to turn in for the night now. See ya both tomorrow, and remember, Harry's fine." Johnno said, and then he walked out of the living room into his own.

*

Another week passed with no news until one Friday, Dumbledore rushed into the hall, during on of the meetings looking ecstatic. "He's been found!"

A/N - Oooh!! Bit of a cliffhanger there. Actually that is the best I can do in respect of cliffhangers, which just shows how bad I am at them and is the reason for the lack of them in this story and all of my other stories. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I know it is really short and I apologise, please don't be mad!! And remember!! Reviews are really nice!!! Thanking you!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story