Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Window to the Soul

Retrieval

by Magical_Me 6 reviews

Harry is found by Hagrid and taken back to Hogwarts. However the Wizarding World is about to find out that their saviour isn't about to be caged inside lying down...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Humor - Characters: Dumbledore, Hagrid, Harry, Lupin, Sirius - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-05-24 - Updated: 2006-05-24 - 4210 words

1Original
Disclaimer - I don't own anything to do with Harry Potter, except the books of course, but everyone on this site owns the books, or at least has read them. If not, then okaaaay.

Chapter Ten - Retrieval

Terror the human form divine
And secrecy the human dress.

A Divine Image - William Blake (Songs of Experience)

Harry is at this moment comfortable living in the forest. He is finally at home where most would be terrified, and all of the creatures of this forest welcome him and protect him as though he were their own.

Soon however, the wizards in charge at the castle are going to, once again, take all of this away from him and make him stay in the confounds of the castle. But we found out the last time they did this, Harry can be a dangerous creature when cornered. Sadly, as we also fond out, this lesson was not learnt the last time. Maybe second time lucky.

*

Harry was sleeping with the Thestrals, having made alliance with all of the creatures and beings in the forest, that would be able to help him, and had decided that he would be going back to the Centaurs to see how they were coming along with their new wands, and maybe teach them a few more curses.

He had been offered to stay with the thestrals by them, when it had become dark in the forest, and even for Harry it was dangerous when it was dark. In fact most things in the forest were in danger at night. Except maybe the things that roamed the forest at night, and even they were in danger of each other, and so really no one was safe in the forest at night. Aaaanyway, the point was that Harry was offered to stay with the herd, until morning and so Harry took them up on the offer, not realising that Hagrid would come and visit at the wee hours of the morning.

"'Arry!! Is tha' you!! Come on now, we're goin' to back to the castle. You've 'ad ev'ryone worried to death." Hagrid said to a sleepy Harry. He then grabbed him by the arm and picked him up, making sure that Harry wouldn't be able to escape and run away again. He then shot a message into the sky to tell the castle that Harry had been found. He then dragged Harry back to the castle.

*

"Harry!! Do you know how much we have all been worried!!" Sirius said, practically running towards Harry and then engulfing him a large bear hug.

"Not me! I knew he was fine!! Don't drag me into your 'everyone was worried'. Not everyone!! I told them to leave you alone! Please don't flame me when Sirius lets you breath." Johnno said, walking out of the doors slowly.

"Why couldn't you leave me alone? I was quite happy in the forest, I was at home again. But if I have to stay here, then you are all going to regret it. And I need to go back to the forest for a small amount of time to give something to someone." Harry said, glaring at all of them.

"No! you are not allowed to leave the castle again I am afraid you are going to have to go on house arrest again Mr Potter. If you can't respect our wishes, then we are going to have to treat you like the child you are acting like." Dumbledore said. Harry pushed Sirius away from him and glared at Dumbledore, he then stormed over to the castle, stopping by Dumbledore before going into the castle.

/SS/ If you think that you have received your weapon, you are wrong old man. You have pushed me further away. /SS/ he hissed, all of the venom he was feeling pushed into that small sentence so that everyone would know how he was feeling, and then walking past Dumbledore and the rest of the Order and walking into the castle. Not glancing back once.

"Well done Dumbledore. You have succeeded in pushing him away from us. And he has reverted back to speaking parseltongue. I hope you are happy old man." Johnno said, glaring at the man and then following Harry into the castle and leaving a very angry Dumbledore.

*

Harry walked, well it was more stormed up to his bedroom in the DADA professors quarters and slammed the door behind him. How dare Dumbledore treat him like that! He had to get those spell books to the centaurs somehow, but if he gave them to one of the order members then Dumbledore would hear about it and that would bring more problems than Harry cared to even think about.

"Hey Harry!! Are you okay? And don't even think of talking that stupid snake mumbo jumbo. We all know now that you can speak English. Of course I have known since you were six and have also helped the others teach you German and French, and we even tried Latin, what a joke that was. So are you going to speak English or parseltongue? Hmm?" Johnno said, catching up with Harry at the entrance to their rooms.

"Oh hey Johnno. Sorry about leaving you here with them. Were Sirius and Remus alright? They didn't blame you did they?" Harry asked, walking through the entrance and sitting in one of the couches and resting his head in his hands.

"Oh come on, you loved getting to live in a forest for a month. So what did you do?"

"I made alliances. Which reminds me, I need you help."

"What do you want me to do?" Johnno asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Well I was wondering if you could just give some books to the centaurs, tell them that Salazar sent you, they will understand and they will also not kill you. But I need for you not to tell anyone what the books were! you cannot tell anyone about this!"

"Okay, may I ask what they are?"

"They're spell books. I'm going to tell you something and I don't want you to interrupt. See the deal I made with the centaurs is that in return for their help in the upcoming war I would teach them spells and give them books."

"Yeah but how can they do the spells? I mean they don't have-. You made them wands didn't you."

"Well... yes. I don't see why they're not allowed wands! I made you a wand!"

"True. I see nothing wrong with you making them wands, but well, everyone else will see it differently."

"I know, which is why I am asking you-" Harry stopped mid sentence and looked up, seeing a very shocked Remus and Sirius at the door.

"You made wands for werewolves and centaurs?" Remus asked, flabbergasted "Er... maybe. Well... okay then, yes I did, but it isn't fair that they shouldn't have wands just because they're 'half-breeds'. I mean god! Do people realise that if Voldemort wins this war, then it won't just be half-breeds that can't have wands, it will be muggle-borns and half-bloods!" Harry said, standing up.

"We know that. Anyway, we have come here to tell you that Dumbledore wants to see you in his office. The password's puking pastilles." Sirius said, having what could only be described as a proud look in his eye when he heard his godson's exclamation.

"Hmm. Fine. Let's go see what he wants." Harry said, he walked to the portrait entrance and turned before walking out. "And Johnno, will you do that thing I asked while I'm gone please?" he asked, Johnno nodded and Harry smiled and then walked out of the room.

"Er... what thing did he ask you to do?"

"Well... I suppose I can tell you coz you know and all. Well, he has some books that he wants to give to the centaurs. Er... spell books." Johnno said, hoping that he wasn't getting Harry into more trouble than he was already in.

*

Harry walked through the halls of Hogwarts, ignoring the students that had woken up early, and walking through the short cuts to reach the headmasters office quickly to get this over with. Once he reached the gargoyle he said the password and then walked up the steps to the headmasters door and knocked. He walked into the office without waiting for and answer and sat down on the chair opposite and raised his eyebrow, waiting for the headmaster to start.

"Harry. I want you to tell me why you ran away into the forest. It wasn't a very responsible thing to do and if you want us to believe that you are mature enough to join the Order of the Phoenix-"

"Headmaster, I no longer want to join your Order. I have started my own side of the war and so I have no need for your Order. I have no problem, however in helping you when the war comes to Hogwarts, for, no matter what you do, headmaster, the war will come to the doors of Hogwarts and you had better hope that your students are prepared enough for such a day." Harry said, and then he stood up and walked to the door, however before he could walk out of the room Dumbledore spoke and stopped him.

"What are you intending to do Harry? Remember you do not want to upset me, I am the only thing that is stopping you from going to Azkaban for the crimes you committed when on the run."

"Fine, send me to Azkaban then. But what will you tell the wizarding community when Voldemort is ruling and their precious Saviour escapes and saves them. For I will kill Voldemort, but send me to Azkaban old man, and you will soon become next on the list. You have a weak defence against Voldemort; I on the other hand have a chance at winning. Do not ruin the chance of ending this misery." Harry said angrily. He opened the door and then turned around again. "And do not expect me to speak to you again. I will speak English to five people only. You have lost your saviour, you lost him on the eve of Halloween, in 1981. Goodbye." And with that Harry walked out of Dumbledore's office, slamming the door behind him.

*

Harry stormed through the halls of Hogwarts, furious. Students ran away from the man who seemed to be surrounded by angry red flames. Not that Harry cared who he hurt or scared, he was too angry with Dumbledore to even notice the pink haired woman who seemed to be walking straight for him, having not noticed him herself.

"Oomph. Watch were your going!" someone yelled t him, he frowned and then shook his head to clear it and looked down to see one of the Aurors that had caught him lying on the floor.

"You!"

"Me. Me what? Oh." She said, having taken a glimpse at the person she had just walked into. She blushed and then looked away, her hair also turning bright red. "Sorry about that. I couldn't just let you wander the streets, you're just a kid."

"I lost the status of kid when I was six. You know, when I ran away. What are you doing here? Dumbledore bring you in to watch me to make sure that I don't run away again?"

"No! I'm part of the order I'll have you know." She said, standing up proudly then staggering and knocking a suit of armour down.

"You? Dear god, they really are scraping the barrel if they have asked you to join." He said, helping her to put the armour back to where it originally was.

"Hmph. At least I was allowed to join. I don't see you in meetings."

"I think you will find that for the last month I wasn't here, I was in the forest. And anyway, I no longer want to join Dumbledore's merry little Bird Club. I will not permit myself to join the losing side." He said, walking away.

"WAIT!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'LOSING SIDE'? ARE YOU GOING TO JOIN HIM" she shouted after him, Harry turned around and laughed, then turned his back on her again and disappeared round a corner. The Auror, more commonly known as Tonks, watched him go and then ran to Dumbledore's office and ran past the gargoyle, before banging on the door frantically, to be let in.

"Nymphadora, what seems to be the problem?"

"Er... you know Harry Potter. Well I think he may have joined You-Know-Who."

"And what makes you think that?"

"Well I bumped into him in the corridors and well to cut a long story short, when I mentioned The Order, he said that he wouldn't join the 'losing side'"

"Ah, well rest assured he hasn't joined Voldemort, he wouldn't want our young charge for one thing, and another is something that he said to me before meeting you. He told me that he had created another side to this war, and that he had no problem helping me when the war reaches these walls. He was right when he said that the war would come to Hogwarts. I can feel it, and so can anyone connected to this castle. The ghosts are beginning to get restless. We are one of the next targets for Voldemort, and I am afraid that he has a way into this castle that no one, except maybe our young charge, can change."

"What's that?"

"I am not sure whether it is true at the moment, so I will not tell you in case it leaks and causes a panic, but rest assured, we will be prepared for when the time comes."

*

Two days passed since Harry had been found, and he had reverted to speaking in parseltongue to all but five people, Sirius, Remus, Hermione, Padma and Johnno. Johnno had arrived back from a meeting with the centaurs the day before, reporting that the centaurs were disgusted with the treatment of their honorary fowl. This announcement made Harry smile, though not as much as when, almost an hour later at dinner, Hagrid arrived in the hall looking slightly battered. Dumbledore stood up from his seat and quickly walked to where Hagrid had stopped, which just happened to be almost right next to where Harry was sitting with Hermione and Padma.

"Hagrid, what happened? I am assuming, from the state of you that the meeting with the centaurs didn't go well." Dumbledore muttered. This made Harry stop eating and listen in closely.

"No, they don' trus' us. They said tha' our treatmen' of our fowls is disgustin'. They said tha' they didn' trus' us not to lock them up. I don' know wha' has happened to make them so hostile." Hagrid said, making Harry laugh and then hastily turn it into a cough when Dumbledore looked at him. He smiled innocently back, which made Dumbledore frown.

"Mr Potter! I would like to see you in my office please. Sirius, Remus, you both being his guardians whilst he is here will have to come as well please." He said. Harry stood up and rolled his eyes, but followed Dumbledore to his office all the same. Sirius and Remus both arrived in the office a little after them, both having confused looks on their faces.

"Dumbledore, what is all this about? Harry hasn't done anything. Yet anyway." Sirius said, sitting next to Harry. Remus nodded his agreement and then stood behind Harry and placed his hands on Harry's shoulders.

"Harry, what have you done to the centaurs?" Dumbledore asked, the irritating twinkle no longer evident in his eyes. Remus and Sirius both stared between Harry and Dumbledore in confusion, wondering what on earth the old coot was accusing Harry of this time.

Before Harry could reply however the door was flung open and Johnno walked in, looking furious. "I believe that Harry is under my protection whilst his family is not here headmaster. I do not appreciate you trying to get him to admit to anything without my presence." Johnno said angrily, walking over to the seat on the other side of Harry (which Harry had just conjured) and sitting down heavily, scowling at Dumbledore.

"Chill Johnno. He just wanted to know what I had done to the centaurs. I was just about to tell him that I hadn't done anything to them when you came barging into the room like a bull in a china shop."

"Yes well. I don't care that Sirius and Remus are in here, I am who your family chose to watch over you, not them."

"Yeah yeah." Harry said in a bored voice. "Well if that is all headmaster then can I go?"

"No. when you were in the forest, something happened with the creatures in there, centaurs especially. They have never attacked Hagrid and have always been on relatively good terms with him. What have you said to them to make them hurt him?"

"They have joined my side of the war professor." He said simply. Harry then stood up and left the room in utter silence.

"Well that went well." Sirius said, making Remus and Johnno nod.

*

"Order! Order! I have called this emergency meeting of the Order of the Phoenix because I have found out some news from our young Mr Potter. I don't know whether to view it as good news or bad news." Dumbledore announced later that night to the whole Order.

"What has he said? What do you mean by good or bad news? What has he done?"

"The Centaurs have joined the war." Dumbledore said simply. This short sentence made the whole room buzz with conversation from the members, who all seemed to want to be heard at the same time. "Shut up!!! Listen to the man before interrupting him."

"Albus, they haven't joined You-Know-who have they?"

"No."

"So they have joined us? Does that mean Hagrid was successful?"

"No. They have joined Harry's side of the war. You may have noticed that we are missing three members. Johnno, Remus and Sirius have all left the order to join Harry. Without the Werewolf we have no hope in this war. We can only hope that Harry does not turn against us when he has won."

"That is if he does win. He is only a child after all." The woman who first opposed Harry's membership in the order.

"Oh I have no doubt that he will win. And he is no child Molly. He has been living in dark forests in Great Britain, Germany and France. I have also had the pleasure to meet his family."

"Who are they?"

"Are they well known?"

"Are they dark?"

"Are they human?"

"You have hit it right there Kingsley. They are not even human."

"What are they then?" the very same Auror asked

"The are the leaders of the Elemental Elvin Clan. they are elemental elves."

"I thought they were just a myth." An older witch, Emmaline Vance asked.

"As did I. but it would seem not. They are very protective of him as well. These however are not like House elves or even wood elves. They are not peace loving and seem very aggressive when threatened. It is safe to say that Harry's side of the war has the most chance to win."

"How did he get the centaurs to join?"

"That is what I would like to know also, but I am afraid Harry refuses to say."

"Have Sirius and Remus left us then?"

"Yes. They quit last night when Harry was found and told me that they would be joining Harry in whatever he decided to do in this war. Harry has also told me that he will not join the Order. I offered him a place thinking that if he joined then Black and the two werewolves would join. Bringing all of their kind with them."

"Dumbledore, have you spoken to the minister yet?"

"No. Minister Weasley has only just got into office and so he will be very busy at the moment. I have left him alone at the moment. If anything important comes up then I will talk to him. well I think this meeting is over for the night. If anything else important comes up then tell me and I will call for another meeting as soon as possible."

*

Arthur Weasley, also known as Minister for Magic, walked up the path to the entrance of Hogwarts angrily. Holding a letter in his hand and muttering furiously to himself. He opened the doors and then walked straight into the Great Hall, where everyone was eating their dinner.

"Dumbledore!! What is this about you finding and keeping Harry Potter here?" he asked furiously waving the letter in the air and walking up the middle aisle.

"Minister Weasley. How nice to see you here. If you would just like to wait then I will come with you to my office." Dumbledore said, trying to pacify the angry minister.

"Don't try to pull that Dumbledore! I respect you and your wishes but if the saviour of the wizarding world has been found then I and every other witch and wizard has the right to know. I had to find out from my children!"

"I am no one's Saviour Minister." Harry said, having enough of being spoken about when he was in the room. The minister looked at him and opened his mouth, doing a first class impression of a startled fish.

"Mr Potter. Where have you been for the last nine years? We had searches for you but never found you. Why did you leave your family, it as a very dangerous thing to do!"

"Dangerous for whom? Me? or the wizarding population?" Harry asked, picking up Persephone (I bet you thought I had forgotten about her) and walking around the table to stand in front of the minister.

"Why dangerous for you boy. You could have been killed by rogue Death Eaters or run into a Werewolf in a forest!" this last statement made Harry burst into laughter. "Would you mind telling me what you find so funny about what I have just pointed out?"

"Well for one, I have been kidnapped by Voldemort (everyone in the hall flinched violently) himself no less than three times in the last year, though I believe the third time he just wanted me to return his pet snake, and as for werewolves. Who do you think I have been living with? Certainly no six year old can live in a forest on their own."

"W... well, er... what... how... how did you...?"

"How did I survive Voldemort? Oh come now, he's not that bad. Sure, he's ugly as sin, but he's not all that bad if you can keep him occupied enough to not curse you to hell and back. In fact the first time he 'kidnapped' me so to speak he apologised for killing my family, saying that it had to be done. Of course that was because he believed the Prophecy in the first place. Personally I think it is a load of bull, and when I told him that he agreed." He said, making the hall gasp and the minister stutter. This was too much for Dumbledore who had stood up during this speech and was now standing next to Harry and looking between the two.

"What do you mean Harry? You told me that you would kill him. Have you joined Voldemort (more flinching)? He can not give you anything Harry. Have you joined his side in this war?"

"Wouldn't you like to know sir. And as for our small meeting yesterday, how do you know that I was telling the truth?" and with that statement Harry left a very silent Great Hall.

A/N - Well, bet you weren't expecting that! However is he telling the truth or not? Only time will tell. Next chapter there is mentions of something a few people have mentioned. The Chamber of Secrets. Hmm, I do have to wonder how many people are going to hate me for this? Though I will never find out unless you review (hint hint)

A/N2 - In regards to Mr Weasley being the new minister. I know that a lot of other characters are a mort suitable choice for minister, but in this world the light is losing the war and Voldemort has been back for a lot longer. Mr Weasley is the fourth minister in the last three years and so the position is becoming very similar to that of the DADA position at Hogwarts. The last three (which doesn't include Fudge.) have all either died or been corrupt and were in fact death eaters. Meaning that they gave the dark a very large boost in the war. So there fore, out of the three very brave candidates, Mr Weasley was the most suitable for the job! So there is a small history, just in case lots of you out there didn't like Arthur being the minister. Any other questions concerning the war then just ask!! In all honesty I prefer reviews that ask questions than have people flame me because things don't make sense. So please review!! : )
Sign up to rate and review this story