Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Window to the Soul

A Dream

by Magical_Me 4 reviews

Harry is questioned under veritaserum by the minister, and what does Snape know?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Hagrid, Harry, Lupin, Sirius - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-13 - Updated: 2007-08-12 - 3727 words

5Exciting
Disclaimer - This gets awfully boring really quickly you know. Well you all know the drill by now, I don't own Harry Potter. Wish I did though.

Chapter Eleven - A Dream

Once a dream did weave a shade
O'er my angel-guarded bed,


A Dream - William Blake (Songs of Innocence)

The last that we saw of our hero, and the wizarding worlds fallen saviour, he had announced to a very astonished and upset Great Hall, including the minister for magic, that he was in fact on speaking terms with Voldemort. What does this mean for the future of the wizarding world? Or was he lying?

If we watch now we will find out as he is just about to have a short meeting with Sirius, Remus and Johnno and a very long and tedious meeting with the Headmaster and Minister. We will also find out what Voldemort has been thinking since Harry was found and taken to Hogwarts. Exactly who is fighting for which side?

*

"Harry you realise that because of what you said, you are going to be constantly watched by Dumbledore and you will also have to have a meeting with him and the minister to convince them that you were joking." Remus said, sitting down next to a very relaxed looking Harry.

"Yes Remus. I know. But you do realise right, that no matter how may times I have met Voldemort, he has always let me go. Even Voldemort realises that I don't belong in this war!! He realises that I belong in the forests!! How is it that an evil man like him can comprehend that but the almighty Albus Dumbledore can't?"

"Harry, how old were you when you first met Voldemort?" Sirius asked. Remus looked up at this and even Johnno's back straightened slightly.

"Ah, that answer will have to wait a minute Sirius. I believe that the headmaster is wanting a meeting with me in his office. if you come along, who knows, that question might come up again. If not of course, one of you three can always ask it."

"Are you going to speak in English Harry? Or are you going to be difficult and speak in parseltongue?" Johnno asked offhandedly.

"English."

"Good. Well shall we go then?"

*

"Ah Mr Potter. I was about to send Mr Weasley (Ron not the minister) here to fetch you, I wondered if you would kindley answer some questions and get rid of any queries that we might have after your little sketch." Dumbledore said, once Harry and co. had arrived at the office. Harry raised an eyebrow at the word sketch and then scowled. Clearly the headmaster did completely believe what Harry had said in the Great Hall. Oh well, he would soon have to remedy that.

"Well I did take divination with the Centaurs and with Mars looking so bright, I just assumed that you wanted to have a meeting with me so that we could all make sure of our allegiances. And maybe I could recruit a few more people for Death Eaters. Though they would have to have a liking for the Cruciatus curse. Though old Voldie is getting better at keeping his temper under raps. Good for him." Harry said, he noticed that Sirius and Remus were trying very hard not to laugh and Johnno wasn't bothering at all, and was, at present time, leaning against the chair in front of him, gasping for air. The same couldn't be said for Ron, the minister and Dumbledore. The first two were white and the latter was shaking with fury. At least that damned twinkle had gone.

"Yes well. If you would like to answer a few questions. Under Veritaserum a think. Just to be sure." Harry nodded, ignoring the protests coming from Sirius and Remus and the quiet chuckling from Johnno.

"Headmaster!! I forbid you from giving Veritaserum to a minor!! I am his legal guardian and he will not be given it!" Sirius said, standing up and knocking his chair over in the process.

"Sirius, sit down. I will take his Veritaserum. The sooner this is over with the better." Harry said, waving his wand and making Sirius' chair stand back up.

"Good good. Severus if you would just administer the serum." Dumbledore said, addressing Snape, who no one had noticed and making both Weasley's jump.

"Sevvie!! How good to see you again. Is this the famed truth serum that everyone loves to talk about!! Severus! You never told me that you could make it! Of course, being a Potions Master, I could have guessed. Well administer away!" Harry said cheerfully, making said potions master scowl.

"Shut up Potter. I have to give you the real stuff because it is more than my life worth to give you false serum in front of both Dumbledore and Weasley." Snape muttered in Harry's ear, dropping three drops of the potion into his mouth.

"S'fine. Immune remember." Harry muttered back, feeling the effects of said potion coming into effect. Soon his head felt like it was foggy and his eyes drooped

Snape had to give brownie points to the boy. He was either very good at acting or he was just immune to the truth side of the potion and not the drowsy part. He smirked darkly and then turned back around and resumed his place in the shadows. Hoping to all gods that he was telling the truth and he was immune. Of course, if he wasn't immune then he wouldn't have been able to say he was under the effects. So that small sentence proved that he was. He hoped.

"Right well, shall we get started then?" the minister asked, smiling briefly at Dumbledore. (assume that the minister as asking all questions unless stated)

"Yeah sure." Harry answered, making sure not to grin. He noticed that Snape was finding it slightly difficult to keep a straight face also.

"Yes well. Mr Potter, would you mind telling us who you fight for in this war?"

"Myself."

"And what are you fighting for?"

"Myself."

"No I mean. Dumbledore!! You know what I mean!! Ask him!!"

"What the minister means Harry, is, what are your beliefs in this war?"

"Freedom."

"So you are fighting for the light?"

"No."

"The dark then?"


"No"

"Who then you silly boy!"

"The Grey."

"Do you believe that blood type makes you more magical."

"No, I am A positive but Voldemort is O negative. Doesn't make either of us more powerful than the other."

"That isn't what I mean! Fine! What do you believe about purity of blood?"

"It is rubbish."

"So you are against Voldemort's views?"

"No."

"Wha- but you just said it was rubbish!" Ron said, jumping into the questioning.

"..." well what could he say to that? He was under truth serum after all. Inwardly he chuckled at all of the answers he was giving, and he noticed that Sirius and Remus were both trying not the laugh next to him. Johnno wasn't even trying again and was currently sitting on the floor, having fallen off of his seat.

"What Mr Weasley means, Harry, is that Voldemort believes in purity of blood, so if you do not then surely you disagree with him." Dumbledore said, that damned twinkle in his eye returning!

"He doesn't believe in purity of blood."

"Yes he does! This is what the whole war is about!"

"No he doesn't. He knows that purity of blood has nothing to do with how magical a person is. He is a half-blood, as is Dumbledore. Two of the most powerful wizards alive today." Harry said, realising a bit too late that there was no question answered. Ah well.

"Mr Potter. What is this war being fought for?" bit of a loaded question. Harry thought to himself. If he answered the truth then they would assume that he was fighting for Voldemort.

"I don't know." That would have to do.

"Are you fighting for Voldemort?"

"No."

"Harry, when did you first meet Voldemort?" Remus asked, stopping the minister before he asked another pointless question.

"When I was seven."

"What! How did you survive! You wouldn't have known any magic!! Or had a wand!!" Ron shouted, making Harry frown slightly.

"Mr Potter has had a wand since he was eight. But I do agree with Mr Weasley on this. How did you survive?" Dumbledore asked, frowning and leaning forward

"He helped me to find the Werewolf colony. It was winter and I had had to leave Johnno because it wasn't safe anymore. One of Voldemort's followers found me near death in another forest. He took me to him."

"What happened then?" Sirius asked eagerly. Johnno had also stopped laughing and was now listening intently.

"When I arrived at wherever he was hiding I was unconscious. He helped me to regain my health and then left me at the nearest colony. Telling me that I would always be safe with him."

"He didn't kill you or even try?"

"No. I was only seven minister. I would not have survived even if he had tried. I was also hypothermic when he found me. I was helpless."

"Merlin! He never killed the wizarding worlds saviour."

"When did he learn of the Prophecy?" Dumbledore asked, looking pensive,

"I don't know."

"When did you learn of the prophecy?" Dumbledore asked, trying to think when Voldemort could have possibly learnt of the prophecy

"Voldemort told me when I was ten."

"Was this the second time that you had met him?" The minister asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

"No."

"Was this before or after you found your family?" Dumbledore asked, taking control back of the questioning.

"After."

"How many times have you met Voldemort?"

"I have lost count."

"Does he kidnap you?"

"No."

"So you visit him?"

"Yes."

"So you are fighting for him."

"Minister. I made that truth serum myself. If he says that he isn't fighting for Voldemort then he isn't. And before you even say it, I think from the answers to the questions that you are asking, he isn't immune to it."

"Fine fine. Now, Mr Potter. Can you tell me the names of any Death Eaters?" Snape snapped to attention quickly at this question and prayed quickly that Harry truly was immune and if not that he found some way not to answer completely truthfully.

"No." Snape let out a small sigh and noticed that Harry's eyes flickered over him for a second and then went back to looking unfocused.

"What! Why not!! Surely you must have learnt of some of their names!"

"I cannot tell you their names."

"Ah. I see the problem. Mr Potter. Please tell us the names of some death eaters."

"Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange."

"We know about them. Are there anymore?"

"Yes. There are currently over a thousand Death Eaters that the Ministry knows of. There are also several thousand more that you don't know of."

"What I meant was please tell us the names of more."

"Bellatrix Lestrange. She's a bitch though." Sirius couldn't help it at that and let out a loud bark like laugh.

"Yes we know about her as well. Will you tell us the names of more Death Eaters please."

"No."

"I think, Minister that this line of questioning is becoming fruitless. May I suggest you ask some different questions or let me administer the antidote so I can get back to marking homework. Some of us have a job that we need to get back to." Snape said, seeing where this was all going. He was slowly finding it more difficult to keep a straight face and he would not laugh in front of these people.

"Yes yes professor. Fine, I have no more questions, do you Headmaster?"


"Yes, just a few more. Harry, would you tell me what you offered the Centaurs in order for them to join your fight?" This question brought gasps from the two that didn't know.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I will not tell you."

"Fine. Mr Potter. Please tell me what you gave to Centaurs!"

"Wands." Silence followed this statement.

"What!! That is illegal! Mr Potter I am arresting you for giving Wands to half-breeds and breaking the law! You will stay under house arrest at Hogwarts until you can have a proper trial. Dumbledore, I trust that you will keep him inside of the castle."

"Yes minister. I will set the necessary charms again whilst Mr Potter stays in his rooms with Mr Black and Mr Lupin." Dumbledore said, suddenly looking his age.

"Good, well Mr Potter, you will soon be seeing Azkaban for a long time. Especially along with all of the things that you had done when we were still searching for you. I think murder being at the top of the list. Oh dear Mr Potter, I think you will be staying in Azkaban for a very long time."


"Well Severus. If you please administer the antidote to Mr Potter please. Thank you." He said as Snape nodded and then dropped the antidote into Harry's mouth.

"Well Professor, Minister. Looks like you have lost your saviour. Well I am getting tired. Remus, Johnno, Sirius. Shall we leave?" he said, and then he turned around and walked out of the office. Sirius, Johnno, Remus and Snape, all following quickly.

*

"Well Professor Snape, if you would like to join us all in our quarters and we can talk for a bit. If you haven't got anything else to do that is."

"No I have nothing better to do. Shall we go?" Snape said and so all five of them walked to the quarters to speak before they went to sleep.

*

"I have called this emergency meeting of the Order of the Phoenix to discuss some very important matters. Tonight there was a meeting with the minister and Harry Potter in my office. we questioned him under Veritaserum and several answers were given that make it seem that he is in fact working for Voldemort, even though he said he wasn't. He was able to name Death Eaters." This announcement was met with several very angry questions and everyone muttering to themselves about their fallen hero.

"Enough! That is not all. I am afraid to say that he also answered under Veritaserum what he had given to the Centaurs in order for their allegiance in this war. He told us that he had given them all wands. Sadly, because this confession was given under Veritaserum and in front of the minister, he has been convicted and will be sent to Azkaban as soon as the trial date has been set."

*

"Harry, what are you going to do? I mean you can't survive in Azkaban. How are you going to fight this war when you are in there?" Sirius asked, looking worried.

"I am going to have to go to Azkaban. But that doesn't mean I am going to stay there."

"What? Escape Azkaban? But I only managed that because I was an animagus. And
what about full moons?"

"I never said I would escape. I have people that won't be very happy that I was locked up in Azkaban. They will get me out. Which is why I have invited Professor Snape here to join us. Will you please tell him what has happened tonight. Then return and act as though nothing has happened. I believe that there is going to be a raid tonight, but since I had to take hat damned Veritaserum, I can't block it. Please tell him so, see what he can do. Well that is all that needs to happen. Oh except. Sirius Remus. You are going to have to leave once I have escaped from Azkaban. They won't believe that you had nothing to do with it. Johnno will take you to my fathers clan and you will be safe there. I will come for you there. Right, well I think that should be all. I am going to go to bed now. See you in the morning." He said, and then stood up and walked into his bedroom, leaving a stunned Sirius, Remus and Snape. Johnno was chuckling to himself.

"Well that was different. I have got to go, I need to go and tell him what Harry has told me. I shall see you when I see you." Snape said, standing up. Everyone said their goodbyes to him and he left the three of them to talk alone.

"What do you think is going to happen now? I mean, it was obvious that he had some sort of immunity to the Veritaserum, but some of the answers that he gave made him sound like a Death Eater."

"He did say that he wasn't working for Voldemort."

"For. That is the clue. He said that he was working for himself. He never said who he was working with and no one thought to ask that either. Johnno, you know something about this."

"Yes, Remus. You're right I do know something, in fact I know everything, but I think that Harry will have to answer those questions, not me. I will tell you one thing though before i go to bed. Harry is definitely not who he says he is. Neither is his family."

*

Harry walked through the corridors and walked into a girls bathroom. He hissed something in parseltongue at the sinks and then stood back as the sink he was facing sank into the floor to reveal a large tunnel. He stepped into the tunnel and slid down it.

At the bottom he walked slowly through various tunnels until he reached a large circular door with five metal snakes on it. He hissed something else again and then walked through the know open entrance. Inside was a large open cave with a statue at the end. Harry walked up the centre of the cave and stood in front of the statue. This time after he hissed something the mouth of the statue opened and a large Basilisk came through the opening and stared at Harry.

Suddenly the Basilisk and chamber was gone and Harry was standing in front of a house. All around him people were screaming. Harry smirked and then walked into the house...

*

Sirius was abruptly woken from his sleep by loud yelling. He shot out of his bed and ran into the common room, throwing on his robes. He looked around, wondering where the yelling was coming from and noticed that both Johnno and Remus had also been woken. The yelling therefore was coming from Harry's bedroom.

All three of them stood still for a moment staring at each other and then suddenly ran into Harry's room. Harry was lying on his bed and was writhing around, still yelling, but the yells coming quieter and less so. When Sirius reached his side, he placed a hand on Harry's shoulder and then jumped back as Harry suddenly sat up in his bed.

"Harry! What's wrong? What happened?"

"Did you get a vision? I assume that there was nothing he could do." Johnno said sympathetically.

"Yeah. I need to get away from everyone. I need to go somewhere where no one will be able to follow me."

"Harry. There is no place like this in Hogwarts. Dumbledore can go everywhere in this castle."

"No. no there is one place that only one person can go to." Harry said suddenly. He then jumped up and quickly got dressed, grabbing a green cloak from the back of a chair and throwing it over his shoulders. He then ran out of the room with the other three following quickly behind.

*


Harry knew that they were following him, but he didn't care. He just needed to get there. He knew that this was the only place in the whole castle that he would be able to go without anyone being able to follow.

He ran into the girls bathroom, ignoring the wails that were coming from one of the cubicles and then hissed the password at the sink. This was where he had watched Tom Riddle open the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets and if the password was in Parseltongue then no one except himself and Tom Riddle would be able to get in there.

He stepped back as the entrance opened and then heard the gasp coming from the three that had just arrived in the bathroom.

"Harry. Is that the-"

"Chamber of Secrets. Yes."

"But there is a huge monster down there. It isn't safe. You can't honestly be telling me that you are going down there."

"Sirius. Where is the Gryffindor in you? Come on, this is the only place that Dumbledore can't follow. And he is going to arrive in here in just under five minutes. I don't have the time to argue with you." And with that he jumped into the tunnel. Sirius, Remus and Johnno all stared at where Harry had been for a second and then all shrugged and followed him one by one.

Harry was right however. Just after the three had left and the chamber was closing, Dumbledore arrived in the bathroom just in time to watch the entrance close. He closed his eyes and then angrily turned around to look at Professor McGonagall who had followed him

"There is no way that we will be able to follow him down there. It only opens for the Heir of Slytherin. I am not him." he said, finally accepting to fate. With that he walked slowly back out of the bathroom, Professor McGonagall following him.

*

We will leave them all now. Leave Albus Dumbledore to think about how badly his decisions have gone so far. Leave Minerva McGonagall to wonder if she is on the right side of the war, following Albus Dumbledore blindly into battle. Leave Sirius and Remus as they desperately try to convince Harry to turn back and leave each of those mentioned above to wonder.

Exactly who is Harry Potter?

A/N - Hehe. Poor Dumbledore has been defeated by a seventeen year old. Hehe. Well I hope that that chapter left all of you confused and wondering what on earth was going on. I love to confuse!! Don't worry though, it will all piece together eventually. In the mean time please review and tell me what you think!!! Thank you!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story