Categories > Original > Romance > Luna

Chapter 1

by PU77 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-14 - Updated: 2011-05-15 - 981 words

0Unrated
A/N- Inspired by Mirai Nikki.

I didn't use any Japanese honorific because it would be hard for people to remember the first and last names of every character and I'm not familiar with it.



I didn't know what came over me that day but I did it. I finally did it.

I was standing in front of my crush of two years about to deliver the confession that I had so carefully rehearsed under the covers of my bed for the past few months. My legs were beginning to shake and a sweat ran down my temple. She probably thought I was a creep or some kind of sex maniac for bringing her out to like this. We were behind the school block where I had told her to meet in the note I left at her desk. I swallowed, opened my mouth then closed it again. No good. My voice wasn't coming out.

"Um..." Luna looked at me with her round violet eyes and blinked innocently.

"Why did you tell me to meet you here?" She asked, her face blushed red and she glanced down, twirling her hair anxiously.

Luna was cute, no doubt about that, but she was also the smartest girl in our school. On the other hand, I was your everyday 17 year old kid; average in the looks department, struggling at school, mildly decent at sports and not rich to boot. The more I thought about it the more reckless my confession seemed to be. Really... What was I expecting? Luna to jump up at the idea of going out with someone like me? Just hoping for her to accept seemed a bit egotistic on my part. Let's be honest here. Luna attracted even boys from other schools. Who was I to simply go up and ask her out without any prior relationship? Yep, we weren't even friends. Hell, I don't even know if she knows my name!

We've been in a majority of the same classes for two years now but we rarely spoke to each other. She had her friends, and I had mine. I rubbed my hand against my head, maybe I should just call it off. Leave the confession for another day. After all, it didn't seem like it would take me anywhere.

"I…"

I stopped as she glanced back up at me. I tried to remember what I was about to say but my mind was blank. What was I doing here? I had deliberately called her out to confess and now I was thinking of backing out? I felt pathetic. Was I going to spend more sleepless nights rolling in my bed thinking about Luna? At the very least, I should tell her how I felt.

"I…"

My heart began pounding against my chest and I felt a sudden heat surging through my body. I was beginning to sweat. What if she started laughing at me? I don't think I would be able to take the humiliation. It would probably leave a mental scar preventing me from ever asking another girl out again. I never knew saying a few simple words to the girl you liked could be this hard. I could feel Luna shifting uncomfortably at the awkwardness. I took a deep breath.

"I like you so please go out with me!"

I bowed my head down and closed my eyes.

I've done it now. There was no going back. I felt like an idiot, but relieved at the same time. Maybe I could finally start catching some sleep.

It was awfully silent. And I was starting to get nervous. What was going on? Had she ran away? It shouldn't take that long to respond. I was alarmed now. Was I that ugly? I mean, I never prized myself on my appearance but-

I let out a cry as something came crashing into me. The sky and ground switched places and I opened my eyes. Luna was lying on top of me. Her face was extremely close. So close, that our noses almost touched. I could even smell the shampoo she used on her hair.

"Ryo…" She breathed, her cheeks were red and her eyes stared into mind with a desperate longing. What was going on? Had she fallen over? I suddenly realised she had her breasts up against me and I started panicking.

"W-what's wro-"

Luna closed her eyes and parting her lips slightly, leaned in towards me. I felt her lips pressing onto mine and time seemed to stop. When her lips finally left mine, I found myself staring back into her eyes.

"I've always loved you too." Luna whispered, a tear rolled down her cheek. She picked herself up and I listened to her footsteps fade away.

I laid there for a bit longer before I started breathing again. My heart was racing. What the hell was going on? Had terrorists tossed something in Tokyo's water supply? Was I dreaming? I slowly sat up and stared down at the palms of my hand.

Luna kissed me. She actually kissed me. Me! Of all people. I couldn't believe it had actually happened. Did she actually like me too? I felt dizzy. The idea seemed so ludicrous and yet it was the only explanation. I tried to get up but tripped and fell back down. I felt overwhelmed with joy. Her lips were so soft. It was my first kiss as well.

I managed to pick myself up on the third try and headed home dreamily.

It was late by the time I got home and I was exhausted. I collapsed onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling. My mind was filled with thoughts of Luna. Her bright violet eyes, her soft melodic voice, her silky hair, her tender lips. Soon everything began to spin and I fell asleep.

Please review if you read the story!
Sign up to rate and review this story