Categories > Original > Romance > Luna

Chapter 4

by PU77 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-14 - Updated: 2011-05-15 - 1831 words

0Unrated
"Are you awake, Ryo?" Luna whispered.

I was back on my bed with the covers over my head. My legs were shaking and I could feel my heart racing. I was scared. Why did Luna know where I live? The only one at school that knew was Eiji. And the knife… she carried a knife around with her.

I could hear Luna taking a step closer. I tried not to make a sound but my breathing was shaky. Was I just being paranoid? There really wasn't anything to worry about, was there?

I heard Luna take another step. I mean… why would she kill me? I was her boyfriend. Then the image of the dead man flashed into my mind. He a look of absolute horror on his face and his eyes were permanently glued to his last moments of desperation. He had shed tears as he laid bleeding to his death. Was I going to end up like him?

Luna took another step. If she were to kill me then there would be no witnesses left to retell the tale. The man that was called Kaiji and the four that ran were unlikely to tell the police. They had been taking drugs during the incident and most likely held a criminal record. All credibility would be lost as soon as the police looked up their background.

I could feel Luna standing over me now. My heart was pounding against my chest and I couldn't control my breathing. I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped onto the blanket. Luna was going to kill me.

Luna slid into the bed and I felt her arms wrapping around me.

"Are you having a nightmare, Ryo?" Luna whispered softly. Her breasts pressed up against my back. I could hear her breathing into my ear. "Don't worry, Ryo... I'll always be with you."

I threw the blanket off and rolled on top of her. I had my hands against her throat.

"Y-you lied to me, Luna!" I yelled, I tightened my grip and my hands began to shake.

Luna looked up at me pitifully. Her eyes looked pleadingly into mine and I could see tears slowing rolling down her cheek.

I didn't let go.

She started choking for air. Her pale hands struggled helplessly against mine and saliva dribbled out the end of her mouth. I could see her eyes rolling up, she was slowly losing conscious. Her arms fell off mine and I could see her lips mouthing something.

"I… love… you."

I let go off her. Her head rolled to the side and she laid motionless on the bed. There were tears running down her face and saliva dribbling down her chin. Her tongue sat still outside her mouth and her eyes were empty, half-shut.

Was she dead? I started to tremble. I didn't mean to kill her… I just wanted to save myself. I touched her cheeks with my hand and moved away quickly. She was cold and limp. I was panting unevenly. She couldn't be dead.

I passed my hand above her mouth. She was still breathing. I let out my breath and stared uneasily at her face. What should I do now? If she wakes up, she might kill me. I slowly got out of the bed. I needed to get away from here. I slipped into a shirt and a pair of jeans quietly then I took my phone and wallet and left the house.

I started sprinting away from my house. It was late at night and I needed to find a place to stay. I ran around aimlessly for a while. Somehow I ended up outside of Eiji's place. I was out of breath and sweating from the run and my legs were shaking. This was the only place I could stay.

I knocked on the door and waited. If Eiji wasn't here then I would have to sleep outside. I couldn't go back to Luna. There was silence and I rested my hands on my lap, panting. I heard shuffling inside and the door swung open.

"Who the fuck knocks at-" Eiji looked at me surprised. "Ryo! What are you doing here?"

Eiji was slightly taller than me and had a tuft of blonde hair. His eyes were a brilliant green.

"I need a place to stay." I gasped. I walked past Eiji and slumped into his kotatsu table, exhausted.

Eiji closed the door behind and sat down with me, a look of confusion on his face.

"Aren't you suppose to be on a date with Luna or something?" He poured a cup of water and handed it to me. I gulped it down and breathed in.

"S-she's crazy, man." I stuttered. I couldn't tell Eiji about the incident at the park otherwise he'd also be in danger of getting killed. "A-anyways, I'll be spending the night here."

"What? Does she have some kind of kinky fetish in bed or something?" He laughed and stood up. "You can stay here for as long as you want, just don't take my food without asking like last time."

Eiji walked to his room and turned off the lights. I heard him getting into bed and then there was silence.

Eiji lived in a small apartment alone like me. He was born overseas but his mother was Japanese while his father was American. His mother died when he was 7 and he went back to Japan to study. We've been friends since middle school and we always had each other's back, although it was usually Eiji that had my back. I needed to repay him back one day.

I sighed and rested my head on the table. I can't believe everything that's happened. My life had spun out of control in just two days. I almost even strangled Luna to death. And she said she loved me… it had to be a lie. No normal girl carried a knife around with her. It was illegal in Japan.

I shuddered as the memory at the park came back to me. She didn't even flinch when she slit the man's throat. I could still remember how lifeless her eyes had looked back then. It was completely different from the Luna I knew… the Luna I thought I knew. My eyes began to droop and I fell asleep.

I felt something kicking into my ribs and I opened my eyes. Eiji was standing over me, brushing his teeth.

"Wake up, Ryo." He said between a mouthful of toothpaste. "We've got a bunch of things to do today."

I rubbed my eyes wearily and yawned. "Just five more minutes..."

I yelped as Eiji kicked me again.

"I've got something exciting planned for today." Eiji said. I crawled up to my feet sleepily. "Trust me, you'll love it."

By the time I was done with the bathroom. Eiji had changed into a pair of faded Levis and a white collared shirt, unbuttoned at the top exposing his undershirt. Eiji grinned at me as he ruffled my messy hair.

"Do you ever brush your hair?" He swiped his keys from the table and opened the door. The sunlight shone into the house and I placed a hand over my eyes, squinting.

"Only when I'm seeing Lun-" I stopped. Why was I still thinking about Luna? She was a psycho killer. And had probably stalked me on occasions, it was the only way she could had found out my address. I shook my head and followed Eiji out the door.

"Hah? You still thinking 'bout Luna?" Eiji mused as he locked the door behind us. We walked down the stairs and exited the apartment building. "Don't worry about whatever happened last night, Ryo. I've prepared a little something that will cheer you up."

I raised an eyebrow. He was probably talking about the arcades or something. "And what pray tell might that be?"

"You'll know when we get there." He laughed and we crossed the road. There were quite a lot of people out in the streets today. "You have to know that I'm always here for you, Ryo."

The phrase reminded me bitterly of Luna and I frowned. I could almost feel her breathing into my ear. I turned around, there was no one.

"Even if you couldn't get it up with Luna yesterday." He added snickering. I punched Eiji playfully on the arm and he pulled me into a head hold and laughed.

Eventually we arrived at a café in a Shinjuku shopping mall. We sat down and I looked down at the view. There was a large window besides us showing the levels and the vast amount of people in the shopping mall. They looked like ants from up here.

"So?" I smirked as the waitress placed down the menus. "You didn't come here just to shout me lunch did you?"

Eiji grinned at me and slid a bunch of notes across the table. I picked it up, confused. There was around six thousand yen.

"Put it in your wallet quick." Eiji said, glancing down at his watch. "They should be coming soon."

I had no idea what was going on but Eiji wouldn't just throw money at me for no reason. He must have had something in mind. I stuffed the notes in my pocket hesitantly and tried to make sense of the whole situation but Eiji sat looking at the time and searching around him.

It couldn't be… could it? I opened my mouth to say something when Eiji suddenly called out.

"Hey, Kyoko!" He raised his hand and waved to two girls standing at the entrance. And as they approached us, I realised what was going on.

"Hi, sorry we're late!" One of the girls beamed. She had shoulder length hair and wore a yellow blouse. The girl behind her had pink hair that was tied up at the back, a purse around her shoulder and wore a tank top exposing quite an impressive amount of cleavage. She seemed to be hiding nervously behind the girl with the yellow blouse.

"About time!" Eiji exclaimed. He got out of his chair and gestured towards me. "Kyoko, Yumi, this is Ryo. Ryo, this is Kyoko,"

He placed a hand around the girl with the yellow blouse and grinned. Then he pushed the girl with pink hair forward. "And that's Yumi. Well, you two have fun. Don't do anything too naughty, ok?"

He winked at me then led Kyoko out of the café while Yumi stood awkwardly at the spot where she had been abandoned by her friend. I sat there with my mouth hanging open still trying to take it all in.

"I-if you don't want to go out with me, I'll just leave…" Yumi mumbled, her eyes staring at the ground.

"N-no," I stood up and pulled a seat out for her. What was I doing? "Please, have a seat."

She sat down and I got back on my seat. Now what?
Sign up to rate and review this story