Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When the Day Met the Night

When the Day Met the Night

by GAClive 2 reviews

Brendon develops a relationship with the tour's nurse. But something's pretty odd about this duck, and the diva Clarice sure isn't making things easy.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-05-29 - Updated: 2011-05-30 - 1539 words

0Unrated
Brendon limped down the hall with a mixed expression: 1 part annoyance, 2 parts pain, and a splash of hunger; shaken not stirred. “Where is Spence...” He had wanted to talk with him to try and convince him to skip party afterwards. It was a long night and all he wanted was to climb on that bus and get the hell out of here.

Ever since he accidently walked into one of the other touring acts, Clarice Shangra, on his way up the stage steps the night had only gotten worse. The high altitude had made singing hard, the underwear slinging hit a new record, his voice cracked several times, and when Dallon had tried to yank the chord of his bass to give him more room he had failed to notice that Brendon's foot rested in a loop of the wire. Sure it must have been hilarious to watch him eat it, and he did his best to laugh it off, but he was now in a lot of pain. All he wanted was to get on the road before he got dragged to another party.

He made his way to lounge room and walked in. “Spencer! I need to talk to you!” He shouted at the closed bathroom door and started banging on it. The door opened and he already was apologizing when a short brunette stuck her head out the door. “Uh...” she looked up at the singer, “Spencer isn't here.”

“Oh crap, I'm so sorry!” He moved out of the way as the girl walked past him, shaking her head with a smile on her face. “No problem! I hope you find him, it sounds important!” She plopped herself down on the couch across the room and grabbed a magazine from the table. Brendon noticed that she had a crew pass and was a bit surprised that he hadn't seen her before. Oh well, he had other things on his mind.

“Well again, I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I'll see you later, I guess,” he started limping across the room to the door even more determined to find his drummer.

“Hey wait a sec!” She called to him as he was about to leave. He turned around and she pointed at his leg, “Come here and let me take a look at that.” She patted the cushion next to her and got up to grap a large black bag close by on the floor. Brendon grimaced at the delay but made his way to the couch as commanded.

He eased himself down with a sigh, strange when one part of your body gets hurt and the rest soon hurts as well. She reached down and pulled his injured ankle onto her lap and started taking of his shoe. “Hey, you really don't have to do this. I was just going to go back to my bus and-” She cut him off with a wave of her hand, “No, I do have to do this. It's my job.”

He raised his eyebrows in surprise at her and she laughed at his expression. “Lucky for you, you just happened to pound on the door of the tour's nurse!” He laughed with her now and watched as she started tending to his now swollen ankle. She pulled her light brown hair back behind her shoulders and gently felt his ankle. He noticed she had black nail polish on which was strange considering the rest of her outfit didn't seem to match the style: a comfortable flower print blouse and some loose fitting blue jeans.

He hissed suddenly as she touched a sore spot and her grey eyes looked up apologetically at him. “Not broken, but it is slightly sprained,” she explained. She reached into her bag and pulled out a roll of bandages and wrapped his ankle as gently as possible. His eyes started to wander as she worked and stared blankly at the magazine on the table in front of him.

He jumped suddenly as a loud BANG filled the room and looked back at the young nurse who apologized again as she finished breaking up inner pack of the cold compress she held. She placed it on his ankle and smiled up at him, “There we go, now just sit here for a while and let this ice do the trick before you go back to your bus.”

He was already shaking his head, “But I really need to find Spence and he's already probably looking for me...” His words died off as she looked at him with an expression he hadn't seen on a girl since his mom.

“I'll take care of that,” she reached back into her bag and pulled out a black radio. “Unit director, this is Kat does anyone have a 20 on Spencer Smith? Also, I need someone to bring a pair of crutches to the lounge,” she spoke with authority and ease into the device.

She only had to wait a few seconds before she heard, “Kat, this is unit director. Spencer was on his way to the lounge, I'm sending the crutches with him.” She nodded in satisfaction and replied, “10-4”

They sat in an awkward silence for a few moments looking anywhere but at each other. Finally, Brendon decided to break the ice, “Sooo... you're name is Kat?” Smooth one Urie, he mentally kicked himself.

She looked up at him with a small smile, also aware of the awkward tension in the room, “Yeah, I've been called Kat since I was bor—well actually, Katherine, but my parents called me Kat because that's short for...” Her chinks pinked a little and she looked down at his foot. “So what happened to your ankle?” She probably should have asked this earlier.

Brendon was more than thankful for the subject change and told her the story. At the end she was trying not to laugh, but her attempts were futile. He smiled at her held back chuckles and was about to comment when the door opened. He turned his head to look at the intruder and shouted, “It's about time you got here!”

Spencer rolled his eyes before he mumbled an apology. He crossed the room and leaned the crutches against the wall. “So how is his ankle?” He decided it might be wiser to ask the expert rather than Brendon. “It's sprained, but he should be able to get around without much trouble in a couple days. Spencer nodded his head in understanding, “Good, because we have our next show in two days.” He turned to Brendon, “Alright Speedy McQueen, let's get you back to the bus. No parties for you tonight.” Brendon pretended to be disappointed, but on the inside he was clicking his heels like a leprechaun.

He accepted Spencer's help to rise from the couch and took the crutches from him. “Sooo...” he said, “Mind if we walk you back to your bus?” Kat laughed at his offer of chivalry but realized he was serious. “Oh, I don't think that's such a great idea...”

Brendon shook his head, “I'll be fine, plus it's the least I can do. And with these bad boys I'm unstoppable!” He ignored Spencer's snort behind him. Kat hesitated for a moment before she finally accepted. “Alright,” she said, “I'm staying in Clarice's bus.” Brendon was mildly surprised that the nurse was staying in that diva's bus, he could not picture the mild and sensible Kat getting on well with the eccentric rockabilly scene queen. Kat went on to explain when she saw his confusion, “It was the only bus with an extra bunk that didn't have a bunch of smelly boys.”

“Oooh, ok I get that,” Brendon said and started to walk to the door. “Well, let's get you to your bus before you get attacked by those sweaty boys, they don't like being snubbed like that!”

When they had finally reached her bus she said her thanks and felt sorry that Brendon was so stubborn to make the trip. He leaned against the side of the bus in exhaustion and shrugged off her concern like it was no big deal. “Thank you, guys,” she said to both of them. “Spencer, make sure you keep him off that ankle!” He nodded in reply and she waved goodbye before walking into the bus.

She sighed in exhaustion and pulled two cell phones out of her pockets. One was red with a skull on it and the other was a plain black phone. She set them on the table before going to change into her sleeping clothes. She had already showered during Panic's show and all she wanted now was to go to bed.

Before she could, however, one of the cell phones started ringing. She frowned in confusion and noticed it was the red one; her manager was calling. She took a breath and then picked up the phone. “Hello,” she purred, “This is Clarice speaking.”
---

ooooo, me writing a romance?! What the heck is going on? Hormones or something? Psh, doubt it. I think I'm just getting sappy in my "old age". I hope you all enjoy this, please leave a review to let me know if you are or not.
Sign up to rate and review this story