Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When the Day Met the Night

"Did I do that?"

by GAClive 3 reviews

Juggling the best of both worlds.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-05-30 - Updated: 2011-05-31 - 1016 words

2Original
The next day was spent entirely on the road with very few breaks. And even with these breaks, the passengers tended to stay inside. Usually Brendon would go out of the bus and run a couple laps, or play hack sac, or just go crazy in general. None of this was allowed though with the way his ankle was hurting. So thus he staid inside the bus sulking, staring out the window and wanting nothing more than to let loose and do something to relieve his cabin fever.

At their evening break, he was sitting on the same sofa in the front of the bus that he had been sitting in since that morning. The amusement of video games ended about two hours ago and in his grumpy state there was really nothing to do. Of course, he could've joined in on whatever Dallon, Ian, and Spencer was doing, but again, when one is grumpy there is nothing to do.

They were stopped outside a walmart, with all the three busses taking up half of the parking lot. They still had a good six hours to go before they reached their hotel and at this point everyone just wanted to be off the road. And so Brendon sat there, still sulking, and still staring moodily out the window while everyone got to go out and stretch their legs. Funny, he never saw Clarice out there during those breaks. She seemed to be a recluse the way she would hole up in her bus, and come to think of it he only ever saw her at the shows either performing or meeting with fans... Strange.

His musings were interrupted when Dallon walked in carrying bags full of junk food while he laughed at something the person behind him said. He was followed into the bus by Zack and Kat who were all carrying bags. He waved his greetings, and Kat beamed at him as she set her bag down. “And how are you feeling today?” She asked. Like everyone else on tour she was dressed for comfort in black yoga pants and a cozy hoody.

Brendon put on his cheesiest smile in hopes that it would be enough to dispel his grumpiness. “Better now that you're here!” His cheesiness, however, seemed to be lost on her as her smile fell and a look of intense concern replaced it. “What? What's wrong? Is your ankle worse?” Immediately she sat on the edge of the couch and moved to inspect his ankle.

At first he was confused, and then he just felt stupid. “No! Seriously, I'm fine! My ankle's fine, my day's fine, I'm fine!” Zack snorted from his spot. “Conceited little bastard, isn't he?” He elbowed Dallon in the ribs knowingly and they both laughed.

All of Brendon's grumpiness came back as he glared at his two friends. “What the hell? You two both know what I mean!” The two men just laughed more at his frustration. Kat looked confusedly about her and rose from the couch. “Okaaaay...” she said, “I'm just gonna go now and leave you boys to your fun.” She smiled down at Brendon when she paused at the door. “Glad to know to know you're feeling better,” and with that she was gone.

The singer looked irritably at the two men who were still laughing and chucked a pillow at them. “C'mon!” He shouted, “Give the cripple a break!” Oh how he just wanted this tour to be over... at least for this moment. He loved being on tour but sometimes he really just wanted a break from all the craziness.

-

Kat trudged into her hotel room in exhaustion. All she wanted was a bed that didn't go bump in the night with every pot hole. She threw her luggage onto the spare bed and collapsed into her own. Oh how sweet life was at that moment.

That moment didn't last long, however, when she heard a loud knock on her door. “Clarice! This is Steve! I need to talk to you about your sound wiring for tonight!” Her eyes widened in horror and a steady stream of curses spewed forth. “Just a minute Steve!” She shouted back. She ran to her pink bag and opened it, grabbing first a pair of heels that she slipped into and then a corset top. “I'm in the bathroom! It'll be a minute!” She thought she heard “no rush” from Steve, but it didn't matter.

She pulled off her shirt and in record time zipped up the strapless top. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun and a pair of over-sized sunglasses came next; no time for her signature cat-eye makeup. She started towards the door when she remembered her hair color was not right. With another curse she grabbed a red bandana and tied it on before dashing to the bathroom and flushing the toilet for good measure.

“Hey there, cool cat!” She winced inwardly at the cheesy slang, but if it helped with her image then it helped. Steve gave her a funny look in return and handed her a small package. “Here's a new earbud for tonight's show and Pete's in town and he wants to have lunch with you at 2 o'clock in the hotel restaurant.” She smiled at her sound guy in gratitude before she closed the door.

She looked back at the clock next to the beds and sighed. And hour and a half to make herself presentable, better get to it. She took her toiletries bag from her luggage and remembered to grab a bottle of black tinted hair pomade as well. She turned on the shower and stepped in, sighing in pure happiness at the feel of the hot water on her sore body. It was going to be a long day.



In other news: Brendon Urie broke his ankle last night. I swear I nearly crapped my pants when I read that this morning. I guess I'm some sort of voodoo priestess? o.0 I'm seriously scared to write anymore... To quote steve urkle "Did I do that?"
Sign up to rate and review this story