Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When the Day Met the Night

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

by GAClive 3 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-08-25 - Updated: 2011-08-26 - 1074 words

1Exciting
The elevator doors slid open and an imposing figure stepped out into the lobby. She was tall, curvy, and knew how to work it. Her heavily make-upped eyes slid across the large room before she spied the entrance to the hotel's restaurant. Her five inch heels clacked across the marble floor and a black-manicured hand unconsciously reached up to gently touch the tall black pompadour to make sure it was still perfectly styled. She was tall, gorgeous and fierce, and very much aware of it.

She paused for a moment, just inside the restaurant, to look for Pete Wentz. Around her she could hear the muffled whispers and exclamations as many patrons recognized the rockabilly song bird. She spotted her boss and briefly smoothed out any wrinkles in her black pencil skirt before she made her way to his table.

She gracefully sat in the chair across from him and crossed her legs. “Hello, Pete,” her voice was deeper than Kat's, and huskier too; a better match to what she sounded like when she sang.

Pete raised his eyebrow at her and just shook his head, “You really think anyone in here will care enough to notice if you speak like a normal person?” He was, of course, fully aware of the double life she led. Sure, he didn't quite understand the “why”s but he did understand that it was important to her. It was the only reason she still had a job while she kept up what seemed to be a ridiculous facade. Though that didn't change the fact that seeing her one day as a make-up free, freckle faced, sun-kissed brunette and then the next day she was the tall, black-haired vixen that looked ready to lead an army of raptors on an invasion into Canada.

Her cherry red lips smiled slightly, they were fuller than Kat's. “You can never be too safe,” she said. Pete nodded his head knowingly and looked up at the approaching waiter. They placed their orders and finally resumed their conversation.

“So...” he started. “How's the tour working for you? Any... complications?” She shook her head in answer and took a sip from her water. She was about to speak when she noticed Pete's attention focused on someone behind her.

“Hey Pete!” She looked up to see Spencer and Brendon just as they plopped down in the empty chairs at the table. She tried to hide her annoyance and gave a close-lipped smile to the duo. For once it was Spencer who was the louder of the two, with a broad smile he asked Pete, “So you gonna see tonight's show?”

Unlike Kat, however, Pete didn't seem annoyed at all, “Of course, man! Think I'd miss a chance to see you screw up?” He smiled his famous cheshire grin.

Brendon smiled sarcastically in reply, “Ha. Ha. Ha-ACHOO!” His sneezy explosion rattled the table along with the dishes on it. Brendon groaned when he saw the slime that now covered his hands. “Damn! You alright, Brendon?” Pete asked as Clarice handed the be-slimed singer a tissue from her purse. “Dhanks.”

“Don't mention it,” her husky voice held a touch of bitterness. Brendon glared back before he answered Pete, “Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little head cold. Should clear up soon,” he was now concentrating on cleaning his hands.

“Well since I have all you guys here, I may as well share some news,” Pete said, “I want Clarice to continue on with you two on your europe tour as well.:” Spencer was nodding but Brendon seemed confused.

“We aren't going to get someone new?” The question was aimed at Pete but Brendon cast a side-long glance at her as he said it. She narrowed her eyes at him but he acted like he didn't see it. “No,” Pete was saying, “She's actually bringing in some good fans to mix the crowd u. Something to break up all the screaming girls who just want to see your naked ass.”

“Naked, HAIRY ass,” Spencer corrected, laughing. It was his turn to get a glare from both Brendon and Clarice. She rolled her eyes in disgust, it looked like lunch was over for her. She started gathering her stuff as a sniffling Brendon defended the pristine smoothness of his butt.

“Leaving so soon?” Pete asked just as she stood up. “Yeah,” she said, “Gotta get some beauty sleep for tonight's show.” Brendon nodded his head in agreement, “Yeah, you need it. You don't look so hot, right now.” Brendon laughed a little before he noticed both shocked and icy looks from everyone at the table. “What?” He asked. “She looks tired!” She was already out the restaurant by this time.

“What a jerk!” She huffed as she walked out into the lobby. Thankfully there was no paparazzi waiting for her as she passed through the large marble room to the elevators. But it was true, she was tired and she wanted nothing more than a nap right now. But that still didn't make it ok for him to make that observation.

“Oh! Miss Clarice!” The concierge called her over to the front desk. “A package just arrived for you,” she thanked him as she signed for it. From the return address she could tell it was the new wig that she needed, no more temporary dye for her. She never meant to use it as long as she did but part of her baggage was lost at the last airport, including her two wigs. It was good to try a new style though and she would now sport the typical short and blunt bangs that many rockabilly girls wore, something she hoped would increase the physical differences between her two selves.

She made it back to her floor and banged on the door to the room that her three other band members were staying in as she passed. Knowing them, the guys were probably all still asleep in their suite.

She finally made it back to her room and immediately set about washing out the black pomade from her hair. First a nap, she thought to herself, and then show time!



A/N: Good heavens... about time I updated this story. Not really feeling it as much as my other one I'm working on. Oh well, it's still fun to write. Please let me know how you all like this! Thanks so much for reading, you guys make my day. =)
Sign up to rate and review this story