Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Bestfriend's Boyfriend

Sitting in the rain

by BeccaBAM 5 reviews

I'm rubbish at these, please read and let me know what you think? Thank you x

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-05-31 - Updated: 2011-05-31 - 1573 words

0Unrated
Lucy, this is like the 600th message I’ve left you over the weekend. Please just call me back .. We need to talk, I need to apologise” I hung up the phone and huddle back into my coat walking down the empty street to school. It had been such a rubbish weekend, all I’d done was sit on the phone talking to Lucy’s answering machine; at one point she’d answered by accident and quickly hung up as soon as she had heard my voice. I’d tried getting her favourite takeout delivered to her house but she just sent it back to mine, she couldn’t even accept free food off me she was that mad. I deserved this treatment though I’d basically tried it on with her boyfriend in her front room. I walked into school looking at the steps where we usually sat but there was no sign of her so I slowly skulked off to art. I was really early, even the teacher wasn’t here yet, but I liked to sit in the supply closet and organise the stock. I found it almost therapeutic refilling the paints and putting them in colour order, I’d organise the papers and pencils and then start on creating packs of pens and pencils with each colour in. I knew what I was doing was sad but I just needed something to take my mind off the mess that was actually going on around me. I was quietly singing to myself when I heard a small cough, I quickly looked up and there he was. Staring at me again with them hazel eyes. “Just leave me alone” I mumbled staring at the floor, I couldn’t even make eye contact with him because he just made me weak.
“B”
“Don’t call me that” I snapped glaring at him
“But that’s what Lucy told me to call you”
“No! Lucy said that’s what my friends call me! Your not my friend, you’re the idiot that’s broken the most important relationship I have!” I could feel the tears running down my face so I quickly went back to organising the pens. I felt him sitting next to me and placing his arms around my shoulders, I went to fight him off but then he held me so tightly to his chest I just felt so safe.
“I’m sorry” he mumbled into my hair “I never meant to hurt either of you, I promise” I nodded slowly, I wanted to hate him but I knew what he was saying was true.
“It was just a drunken mistake” I whispered holding the front of his t-shirt trying to calm myself down.
“I wouldn’t say that” I slowly raised my head feeling slightly confused “that makes it sound like we didn’t want it”
“We .. We didn’t” he smiled slowly and I could feel my cheeks burn.
“That’s a lie. I wanted it, you wanted it. I could tell. That kiss wasn’t a peck on the lips, that kiss had passion and meaning and kept me thinking about you all weekend” I could feel a smile appearing in the corners of my mouth but I quickly frowned. No B, think about Lucy. “I wanted to speak to you all weekend. I went round to Lucy’s and we talked, she even said herself me and you were very similar”
“Lucy talked to you?” he nodded causing more tears to escape my eyes “How come she wont talk to me then?” I was crying quite heavily now and I could feel him hugging me tighter whispering soothing messages into my hair.
“Shhh .. Shhh it’s ok, it’s all going to be ok” I looked up at him slowly wanting to believe him but I just couldn’t see how.
“I kissed you because I thought her and Frank would be doing the same, he likes her it’s so obvious and I think she likes him” Gerard’s facial expression changed but I couldn’t read it, it was almost a frown but as though he was trying not to. “Gerard?”
“They like each other?”
“I don’t know .. I was just going off hunches” but Gerard didn’t seem to be listening.
“I’ll leave you to it” he mumbled and quickly disappeared out of the store cupboard leaving silent tears to run down my face.
Lucy please, I’ll be sat on the steps at dinner. Please come? I just need to explain x I texted Lucy and walked back into the classroom and started my work for the day.

Dinner came quickly, too quickly; I had no idea what I was going to say to Lucy. I grabbed two coffees from the canteen and went and sat on your steps, it was dull and drizzling so I tried to huddle up in my coat but the rain was just soaking through. Half an hour of dinner went and the coffees were stone cold and I was wet through and shivering; I checked my phone, still no word from Lucy. I knew she hadn’t agreed to meet me but I’d hoped she’d have come just to hear me out. I heard footsteps walking over to me and I jumped up quickly my heart racing and a huge smile growing on my face. “A bit wet aren’t we?” he smirked walking over and putting his umbrella over me. “Shit your soaking”
“You try sitting outside for half an hour in this weather” Gerard frowned slowly and started to take my jacket off. “Hey hey what are you doing?”
“Your going to get ill, just shut up a minute” he took off his coat and slid it onto me, it was so warm and smelt so good. I smiled slowly and so did he. “You should smile more often .. It suits you” I blushed and quickly looked away. “Anyway, why are you sat in the rain?”
“I’m waiting for Lucy” Gerard’s smile slowly disappeared “What?”
“She’s sat in the canteen B” my eyes met the floor once more biting my lip “come on” he slid his arm around my waist and walked to the car park.
“Where are we going?”
“I’m going to get you warmed up, your shivering like mad”

His room was so .. Him. It was full of things that were geeky but also cute at the same time I was stood looking at his books when he walked in with an armful of towels. “Stop snooping” he smiled placing them on the bed, I walked over slowly and picked one up and started drying my hair.
“I could have just gone home you know?” we’d had this conversation all the way here but he hadn’t listened then and didn’t seem to be now. “I mean I don’t have any dry clothes here” I looked at him slowly, I realised that this could sound like a come on but it really wasn’t; it was uncomfortable wearing soggy underwear.
“Erm I can sort that” he mumbled and placed his hands at the bottom of my top. I watched his hands slowly biting my lip and slapped his hands away softly when he started to lift it up.
“What are you doing?”
“I .. I need to get you out of those if your going to get warm”
“I can undress myself” he blushed slowly and stared at the floor hands firmly by his sides.
“I’m sorry of course you can” he quickly nodded at the towels and walked out of the room quickly. I stripped off dropping my wet clothes on the floor, my mind going over the fact my best friend left me sat in the rain. Were we even yet? Were we going to be able to sit down and talk about this? It didn’t seem like it. “Your beautiful” I span round to see Gerard stood in the doorway holding some pyjamas, I quickly covered myself with a towel, wrapping it around me as tightly as possible.
“Do you mind?” I growled but he didn’t seem to hear me, instead of leaving he walked closer and placed his hand on my cheek. “Gerard, I’m naked. Get out” he smiled and pressed his lips to mine oblivious to anything I was saying. “Gerard” I whispered wanting him to kiss me again, it’s like he had a hold over me. He smirked as though he could tell I was weakening and slid his arms around my waist pulling me closer.
“Yes?”
“Kiss me” he pressed his lips to mine again but this time more passionately, like the first kiss we’d had. My phone buzzed ending the kiss. I looked down to see Lucy’s name flashing on the screen of my phone as if she knew where I was and what I was doing. I picked it up slowly and Gerard’s eyes followed it too.
“Hello?”
“I just thought I’d tell you that I can see you. Stop calling me” and with that she hung up.
“She can see us?” I looked round and saw the small basement window and Lucy walking off with Frank right behind her. “She saw us” I whispered feeling the very familiar tears running down my face.
Sign up to rate and review this story