Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Ten: Fight!

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

The tension strengthens as the tournament continues, the fights becoming far more personal then several of the warriors would like... Fight 7: Kitana versus Mileena. Fight 8: Sabra versus Smoke.

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-05-28 - Updated: 2006-05-28 - 1279 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHATER SUMMARY: The tension strengthens as the tournament continues, the fights becoming far more personal then several of the warriors would like...
Fight 7: Kitana versus Mileena.
Fight 8: Sabra versus Smoke.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents. Unlike with Sektor, I call Smoke 'he' since he never lost his sense of self (which includes gender) when he was automated.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
-
-
-
-
CHAPTER 10: FIGHT!
-
-
Mileena and Kitana strode into the battle arena, their gazes locked and their minds speaking with one another.

/Shall we give them a pretty dance to look at, sister?/ Mileena asked Kitana, a tinge of worry seeping through the bravado in her mental voice.

/Of course. To Khan and the others it will appear that we are fighting as enemies when we are actually not, like it has done for so long./ Kitana replied as she lowered into her battle stance, her closed tessan loosely clasped in her gloved hands.

/ Hopefully, this entire ordeal will be over soon.../ Mileena said as she lowered into her fighting stance her both of her sai up in a defensive stance.

"FIGHT!" Shao Khan bellowed.

The 'twins' lunged at one another, their respective weapons glittering in the dim sunlight. Mileena captured one of Kitana's closed tessan with the pronged blades of her sai/, and received a punch in her lower abdomen for the effort. Mileena grunted and twisted her /sai/, causing Kitana to flip head over heels. The blue clad warrior landed heavily on her back, the air whooshing from her lungs. Kitana slammed her booted foot into Mileena's lower abs, causing the crimson clad woman to release the /tessan /and stagger backwards. Swiftly moving her legs, Kitana rolled into a defensive stance, her /tessan held before her. The crimson clad woman charged forward, her sai lowered, as though ready to skewer Kitana.

Kitana swiftly darted to the side, lashing out with a sidekick to Mileena's ribs as the crimson clad warrior of OutWorld passed her by. Mileena grunted as she staggered and clutched her side. The two warrior women spun to face one another.

/Go for a double knockout?/ Mileena queried.

/Yes. Strike...NOW!/ Kitana replied as she and Mileena lunged at one another in unison.

A blue clad fist struck a crimson clad chin the same second a crimson clad fist struck a blue clad chin. The 'twins' staggered backwards, swaying on their feet. The spectators and fellow combatants leaned forward, eager to see who would remain standing. Mileena and Kitana's eyes rolled back in their heads simultaneously and their bodies struck the arena floor in perfect unison.

"Double Knockout! The battle is a draw!" Shao Khan declared, disappointed his rebellious 'daughter' wouldn't be disciplined by her clone.

From both sides of the arena came a man -- from the side of Outworld came the ninja Ermac and from the side of Earth came Lui Kang. They eyed each other warily as each scooped up a woman in his arms. When the two unconscious combatants were removed from the arena, the Shadow Priest handed another scroll to Shao Khan.

"Sabra versus Smoke."

Sub-Zero paled as the fiery warrior began to step forward. In a motion unlike himself, he caught her bicep and pulled her to him as he urgently spoke, "Please, don't destroy him... he is my friend, my other brother, is trapped in that metal body!"

"I will do my best not to, however, I will not be in control of his self-destruct mechanism," she replied with a gentleness that surprised him as she carefully removed his hand and stepped into the battle arena.

"Thank you, Sabra," he whispered and the crimson haired woman turned her head and she nodded slightly, acknowledging that she had heard him. Perhaps the woman wasn't all that bad...

The Sa'hill warrior and the Lin Kuei cyber stared one another down from their respective battle stances, awaiting the order to...

"FIGHT!" Shao Khan bellowed.

Smoke lunged for Sabra, who leapt into the air and flipped over the cyber's head. She twisted mid-air so that when she landed on her feet she would be facing Smoke's back. The cyber ninja spun around with a high round house kick, which Sabra darted beneath and slammed a burning fist into the armor of Smoke's lower abdomen. He retaliated with a right hook across her jaw, of which a normal Human's jaw would have been shattered. She grunted and with a snarl, grabbed hold of the cyber's upper torso armor and with a surprising strength, sent the cyber flying through the air, until he landed on his back armor plates half an arena length away from the furious Sa'hill GrandMistress.

"I have battled the forces of OutWorld since puberty, you mindless machine! Do you honestly think you pose a threat to me?!" Sabra bellowed as she stormed over to the cyber, who kicked back up to his feet. 'Come on, Smoke, Subbie tells me that you're still in that machine, that you are still in control. Prove it, Smoke, prove it and maybe Carmen can help you.'

The cyber made a sound similar to a growl and tackled the human.

"I am no mindless machine, woman!" the cyber said in a low tone, "No one controls me!"

"Then why do you serve Shao Khan? Sub-Zero fears for your existence, Smoke. Let him help you, help save your humanity." Sabra said before placing her booted feet on his lower abdomen and shoved him off of her. She kicked back up to her feet and watched as Smoke slowly shoved himself to his feet.

She lowered into a battle stance, awaiting the Cyber's attack. He made no motion to attack, instead staring at her with his optic sensors for a long, tense moment...

"You're right..." Smoke admitted.

The cyber turned to face Shao Khan and raised up one hand to him; he brought up the middle of his metallic digits and flipped him off. The Dark Emperor's jaw touched the floor as the cyber turned and walked out of the arena, heading for Sub-Zero.

The cyber paused before the Ice Ninja and hesitated before speaking. "The female says you can help me. Can you?"

"Not alone. I'll need the help of her sister, Carmen... but most importantly, I'll need your help as well...brother." Sub-Zero said.

The cyber tilted his head and seemed to smile as he spoke, "Gladly...brother."

Sabra grinned behind her ebony mask as she turned to face the astonished forces of OutWorld. "After all of the souls you have stolen, Shao Khan, you have yet to learn that the love between family members is too strong to be conquered."

Shao Khan's jaw clenched as he announced, "Smoke has forfeited the match, Sabra wins by default. A thirty minute break is allowed to the combatants."

The dark Emperor stood, and shoving people out of his way, stormed back to his quarters, cursing all the while...
Sign up to rate and review this story