Categories > Original > Horror > Memories

Memories

by ImBurning 0 reviews

Lost without his memories, Kage is forced to try and remember his past with out ruining his new relationship.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-15 - Updated: 2011-06-04 - 1382 words

0Unrated
'You need to wake up... It feels like you've been sleeping for months now...'

Kage sighed to himself over dramatically, his brain was right. He'd been sleeping for a while now, and he couldn't even remember when he had fallen asleep. He yawned, waking up to slurred vision and a pounding headache, not to mention he lacked the ability to remember who and where he was. Fan-fucking-tastic.

He sat up, only making his head rush, causing him to shut his eyes harshly and cringe in pain. He stayed that way a while, sitting up on a soft bed trying to get used to the pain as it dulled out. He was finally able to open his eyes to the bright sunlight beaming in though the dusty bedroom window and the TV that must have been left on some news channel.

"Breaking News on The Scarecrow! Police have finally opened up to the public, stating that the mysterious, never-before-seen serial killers calling himself the 'Scarecrow' has faded out of existance over the past 3 months. Police are unsure about his whereabouts, or whether he has given up or died, but they tell that it is safe to say he is no longer a threat, and that people can sleep soundly at night knowing they are safe. They do not plan on giving up the search, Officer McKay say that she 'will still keep an eye out for any activities that may point to the Scarecrow still killing, but for the most part-" There was some more useless information Kage tuned out, he was thinking about how 'The Scarecrow' seemed so... Familiar. "Back to you, Steve" Kage snapped back to reality, looking up at the television, only to notice that they moved on to some information about presidency, he had no interest in this so he stood up and turned off the TV.

He was still rather puzzled about this whole Scarecrow deal, why did it seem so familiar? He can't even remember his own name, yet he can remember some serrial killer? There had to be something up with that- No... No, it didn't matter. Of course he'd remember a killer, the guy probably tramatized town or something. Kage had more important things to do anyway, he had to find out who he was. And, if his assumtions where right, he was in his apartment. The best place to start.

Kage did some investigation around the apartment he assumed was his, finding his ID, only knowing it was his because it had his picture on it, his wallet, his keys, his cellphone, and multiple articles on The Scarecrow, two of which he folded up and put in the pocket of his black jeans to read later. As rediculous as he felt for caring so much about that killer, he dicided it must be of some level of importance.

With that, he planed on heading out the door, well, first he had to make sure he was presentable to the world. He stumbled his way through the dark apartment before finding the bathroom and fumbling to turn the lights on. He was met by a mirror and a plan white bathroom, by the mirror was a countless number of hair products and some makeup. From what he could tell about the bathroom, he either cared a lot about his appearence, or had some sort of girlfriend, which he doubted, as from what he remembered of women, they where of no attraction.

He shrugged off the thought and looked down at his clothes. He was wearing a loose fitting, white v-neck t-shirt and tigh black jeans. He shrugged, figuring they where okay for now, as he had not the slightest clue where he kept his clothes. He brushed his jet-black dyed hair, the sides of his head shaven and dyed white, his long black fringe draping neatly over part of his left eye. He didn't bother with any makeup, as he felt more like exploring the world to find clues of who he was.

So with that, he ran out of the bathroom, slipped on some gray hightop Converse he found by the door and left. There was really nothing more to say. Once he was out of the apartemnt he stopped and stared down the hall, sighing. He had no idea where to go from here... Kage shook his head, closing his eyes and taking a deep breathe, he walked quickly down the hall, obviously not paying much attention to where he was going, as he almost wanted inot someone.

"Um... Sorry about that." Kage said quickly, in a hushed tone, he voice not used to talking. He looked down at the person he nearly trampled, a short boy with olive skin, hazle eyes, and soft looking brown hair. The boy looked nervous, not responding as if he was scared Kage would hurt him. "Are you okay...?"

He boy took a step back, quickly looking down as the words came out of my mouth. "Yeah. I'm fine. It's okay- I- I wasn't watching where I was going. I guess I was excited for this article I'm writ-" He stopped himself, noticing that he was rambling. "Sorry." He didn't sound that young at all. He looked like he was sixteen-or-so, height wise, yet sounded more like he was in his early twenties.

"Article?" Kage asked, suddenly intrigued. He smiled to himself, if he worked for the press, he might know something useful. Maybe someone had reported Kage as a 'missing person'. He assumed he must have been out for a while, to have no memory.

"About some killer... The Scarecrow, there are rumors he stayed in these apartments." The kid- or, more likely, adult- said.

"Doesn't sound exciting." Kage lied, it really did. Though, he didn't know how useful it would be to know that bthe killer once stayed here- allegedly.

"I'm more excited that they put me on an importent case- I'm a journalist, but this girl I work with always gets all the good cases. She acts like she's so high and mighty..." The boy went on about how she was working on the case too, and how she would take advantage of people to get her information. Kage didn't pay much attention to this, it was boring, frankly- useless information. "Excuse me?" The boy said, breaking Kage out of his thoughts.

"Hm?"

"I asked if you live here...?"

Kage looked around the hallway of the apartments, though he didn't understand why. It's not like the walls would have the answers. Maybe it was just to give himself time to think up a normal response. "I assume." He mentally slapped himself for saying that, how odd it would seem, as if saying 'Well, yeah, I think I live here. I don't really know.'

"Assume?" The boy pressed.

Kage figured, at this point, it was best to just be honest. He couldn't get himself out of this mess, even if he tried. On top of that, some help would be nice. Some company, as he couldn't remember whether he had friend, family, anyone in his life. it was all dull- a blur- in his mind. "I woke up a little bit back with no memory, I assume I live in the apartment I awoke in..." He trailed off, before mentioning the articles he owned about the Scarecrow, and the faint memory of it.

The kid listened patiently, nodding a few times as to say 'I'm listening.' When Kage finished speeking, he was silent for a few minutes, thinking. Then, an idea suddenly hit him. "You have amnesia! Maybe if you come along with me to the next place, the home of the last person he had killed, it might trigger a memory. Maybe you where a dectective or something!" He stopped himself. "I'm getting ahead of myself... You don't even know me- I'm Ryan Moore." He smiled.

"Kage Cross." Kage nodded, the words so foreign from his lips.



Author Note: So, I edited the fail-grammar from when I wrote this, I was tired so I failed. Then I forgot this story existed. If I do not have a new chapter up by Sunday, you have every right to beat me up.
Please, please, please review if you like this, it motivates me.
Sign up to rate and review this story