Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Absent Heart

Absent Heart

by soccerbunny 3 reviews

Spencer falls in love with Brendon after saving him from the school jocks, but Brendon's strict Mormon parents aren't having it.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-06-09 - Updated: 2011-06-09 - 885 words - Complete

2Original
"Hey! Let's play capture the fag!"
The voice rang out through the hallway of Palo Verde High School and sophomore Spencer Smith turned around, groaning,"Gentlemen, I believe we've gone over this before. Just because my eyeliner matches my bag doesn't mean you can go around..."
He expected to be confronted by the school's own personal team of assholes but instead, the beefy, Letterman-jacket-wearing jocks were clustered around a small, dark-haired boy who was frantically clutching his dark purple backpack to his chest. One of the biggest guys, who had frequently hung Spencer on the fence by his shirt, shoved the boy into some lockers and ordered one of his cronies to open it up. Spencer winced as the thug kicked his locker open, not even having to use the combination. The small boy was then forcibly shoved inside the locker, fitting inside rather well considering the circumstances.
"Hmm... that's Smith's locker. At least the poor little fag will feel at home in there!"
They slammed the locker shut and stalked off down the hallway, people already making way for the football team from hell.
Spencer frowned and jogged over to his locker, kneeling beside it and pressing his ear to the cold metal. He could hear small, broken sobs coming from the inside. Spencer put in his combination and slowly opened the locker, peering at the boy inside. The boy squeaked and hid his face in the purple fabric of his backpack.
"Hey," Spencer said gently,"Are you alright?"
The boy shook his head and sobbed into his backpack.
"Well... that was a stupid question." Spencer sighed and reached out his hand to the small figure inside his locker.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you... but we need to get you out of here."
The boy looked up at him with mistrustful, chocolate-colored eyes and hesitantly took Spencer's outstretched hand.
With one tug, the boy fell out of the locker and into Spencer's arms. He pulled away quickly, scrutinizing the younger, blue-eyed boy, his eyes wary behind the thick frames of his glasses.
"Um... my name's Spencer."
A ghost of a smile played at the other boy's lips as he said cautiously, "I'm Brendon."
Now that Brendon wasn't all squished inside a locker, Spencer could finally get a good look at him.
Brendon was skinny, but not to skinny, he was pale, and his dark hair was perfectly mussed about. His eyes were a deep, rich, warm brown, and they were made even bigger by the lenses of his black glasses.
Their styles weren't so different. They both wore skinny jeans, though Brendon's were black and Spencer's were... well... soft pink. They both had Fall Out Boy t shirts on, and both wore Converse.
Brendon seemed to be studying Spencer too. No doubt he was taking in how... flamboyant... Spencer appeared, with his navy blue eyeliner and posture that screamed "Hey! Everyone! I like boys! :D"
Suddenly, the shrill sound of the school bell rang, and both boys snapped out of the trance they had put each other in.
Brendon hastily pulled out a schedule and scrutinized it carefully. He was obviously a new student.
Spencer hoisted his backpack onto his shoulder and asked, "So, where are you headed next?"
Brendon looked up shyly and responded, "Mrs. Jones, for Calculus, but I'm not exactly sure how to get there..."
Spencer grinned. "Oh I'm near that room, I'll walk you there."
A bright red blush appeared on Brendon's cheeks, and Spencer thought it made him that much prettier.
They walked silently side-by-side down the hallway, until Brendon chirped out a question, focusing on the younger boy with curious eyes.
"Does that... happen a lot around here?"
Spencer shrugged. Only every day.
"Well, if you're gay, which i'm assuming you are then... yeah. It happens a lot."
Brendon cringed and looked down at his shoes.
"I am not a fag.
Oh yes you are, Spencer thought. He was famous for his superb gaydar, and he was picking up strong levels of homosexuality to the west.
Spencer nudged his new friend with his shoulder and said patiently, "You don't have to be ashamed of it, don't let those guys scare into being someone your not."
Brendon sighed and shook his head.
"It's not that... I just..."
Spencer pulled Brendon to a stop outside his Calculus class.
"We'll talk later. Mrs. Jones doesn't care if you're new, she will murder you for being late."
Brendon whimpered and clung to Spencer's arm.
"Please don't leave!"
Spencer sighed and pulled out a pen. Brendon watched, uneasy, as Spencer took his hand and wrote a phone number across his palm.
"I'll be here after class lets out. If you can't find me, call or text and I'll meet you somewhere, okay?"
Brendon nodded and hesitated, looking back at Spencer, before entering his class and closing the door behind him.
Spencer shook his head, trying to clear the pleasant fog that Brendon's presence had put him in. He spent all of Science class daydreaming about the beautiful boy that had been shoved into his locker, wondering what was looming over Brendon so much that he was so adamantly denying his sexuality.

---
New chapter up... later.
Read and Review or risk being beaten into a coma with a plush carrot. =)
Sign up to rate and review this story