Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Absent Heart

And so it begins...

by soccerbunny 2 reviews

Spencer questions Brendon about his sexuality... and isn't surprised by the results.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-06-09 - Updated: 2011-06-10 - 562 words - Complete

2Original
Spencer stood in front of Brendon's class, watching as the whole class filed out. He was debating on going into the class and looking around for Brendon himself when a familiar disheveled head of dark hair peeked around the edge of the open door.
Spencer raised his eyebrows as Brendon sighed in relief and walked towards him.
"I was scared that you weren't the only one waiting for me." He said in explanation.
Spencer laughed and motioned for Brendon to walk with him, which the smaller boy immediately did, easily falling into step beside him.
"Don't worry, I'll make sure they don't pummel you again," Spencer said with a smile.
His tone was teasing, but they both knew that he had real intentions behind his words. the hallways were empty now, and the boys headed towards the cafeteria and Brendon stopped, a terrified expression on his face. Spencer gently grabbed Brendon's hand and tugged him forward, saying, "Come on Bren, I promise I won't even let those bastards get near you."
Brendon shook his head frantically and rooted himself to the ground.
Spencer sighed and stopped pulling on Brendon's hand, but kept holding onto it. The brown-eyed boy frowned and stared down at their intertwined hands.
"I thought you said you weren't gay. If that was true, then you'd have nothing to worry about in there," Spencer spoke softly, as if he were afraid Brendon would lash out at him.
Brendon looked down at his Converse, and Spencer saw tears dripping of the end of his nose and onto the ground. He pulled the crying boy into a hug and ran his fingers through Brendon's hair. It was really, really soft and it smelled like fresh strawberries.
"Uhgugwabadebay!"
"What?"
Brendon pulled back a little so that his face wasn't squished up against Spencer's shoulder, and repeated his statement.
"I don't want to be gay!"
"Why not?"
"It's a sin Spencer!"
Spencer snorted.
"You actually believe all that religious bullshit?"
"Well... not... particularly. But my parents do. And they've always told me that gay people will go to Hell."
Tears streamed down Brendon's perfect face, and Spencer wiped them away, keeping his hand on the side of Brendon's cheek. He looked so small and scared and vulnerable. His dark eyes were huge with fear.
"Do... do you think that I'll go to Hell?"
Spencer shook his head. He didn't even have to think about his answer.
"No. There's no way. Not you."
Brendon didn't seem totally convinced, but smiled a little and sniffled, "You won't either. I'm sure of it."
The older boy looked torn for a moment, as if he were deciding what to do. Then, he leaned up on his tiptoes and pressed his lips to Spencer's nervously.
Spencer put his other hand on the other side of Brendon's face and pulled him closer gently. He felt Brendon's arms wrap tentatively around his waist. Brendon tasted like strawberries too, which was now Spencer's new favorite fruit.
After a little while, they broke apart, keeping their arms wrapped around each other.
"Under no circumstances will this ever be mentioned to my parents." Brendon said, playfully, yet warningly, wagging a finger at Spencer.
"My lips are sealed," Spencer grinned.
"Not for long," Brendon said, leaning up for another kiss.
Both boys felt so safe in each other's arms.

Too bad their secret wasn't.
Sign up to rate and review this story