Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > That Stupid School Project

Sepember 2nd - Drama and Brotherhood

by IWCT 0 reviews

Marie's been saddled with St. John as a partner, and the Aussie doesn't seem to understand that this does not mean that he can follow her around all day. Perhaps she can ditch him in Drama while sh...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Avalanche, Blob, Colossus, Cyclops, Quicksilver, Rogue, Toad - Published: 2006-05-29 - Updated: 2006-05-29 - 1543 words

0Unrated
Year of (ex)Change-- also entitled: Stupid School Project by The Rogue and John Allerdyce

Disclaimer: I do not own X-Men: Evolution or the X-Men concept. I do own this story, but I am not making any money off of it. I also own this disclaimer, and I praise it for keeping the evil lawyers away.

To my dear readers: You can tell this was my second chapter. The language is horrendous, and I went a little overboard trying to get the tough-guys feel to the powerless version of the brotherhood. However, it does introduce them, and you get a good idea why they're friends. I've tried to keep the characters as close to their Evo personalities as possible - Although Pietro got a little sillier than normal, but he's still the narcissist everyone loves to hate.



The rest of Marie's day wasn't going too well either. John turned out to be in three out of her four classes. What made the situation worse was that Scott Summers was in two of those classes. She had no wish for John to find out that she had a stupid crush on Jean Grey obsessed Scott Summers. It was a vain hope.

Her last class of the day was drama, which she shared with Scott, and now John. On the upside, she also shared it with the only people who she felt were OK to hang out with and weren't Goths. She hung out with the Goth crowd for image; she hung out with these guys for the friendship that only being slightly too weird for any other group gave people.

They all had other cliques that they hung out with, but they were always on the edge of them, even though Lance, Pietro, and Marie practically ran their cliques. Lance Alvers was the co-leader of the car nuts (the other leader was Scott Summers). Pietro Maximoff was on the track team, basket ball team, and soccer team. Todd 'Toady' Tolensky was a pick pocket and tended to hang out with the rappers. Fred Dukes was part of the wrestling team. Then there was Marie Alder, Goth and sci-fi writer, Ice Queen and Rogue. That neatly finished out their little group of freaks.

There was one other thing that had brought them all together, other than being absolute outsiders. They all hated and loathed the Xavier Kids. So Marie could probably lose John, who stuck to her like an annoying limpet during their classes together, by virtue of the fact that he was one of the annoying Xavier's Students, now.

As she came into class she caught onto the end of a heated debate that was going on between the overweight Freddy and the stocky Lance.

"There is no way that Kitty is more attractive than Jean," Fred told Lance, "First of all; Kitty barely has two neutrons to fire together in that fluffy bunny infested brain of hers. Jean is the most intelligent girl in Bayville."

"Yeah, right," Lance retorted, "Jean's the shallowest girl that Bayville has ever seen. Kitty is way more intelligent. You can't be a hacker if you are not intelligent. Her pink bubbly side is just an act. Look, why don't we get an unbiased opinion?"

"There's no way, yo, that we are gonna find an unbiased opinion on this subject. All of the girls in school are friends with either Kitty or Jean. And all of the guys are in love with the two of them," Todd said to Lance.
"Oh, we know someone with an untainted opinion," Lance said calmly. "Hey, Rogue, who's better: Kitty or Jean?"

Marie walked up to her friends. John followed, she ground her teeth. Honestly wasn't he going to leave her alone for one minute?

"Oh, no. You two can't use Rogue's opinion," Pietro grinned craftily, "She's biased towards Kitty 'cause Jean's got Scott's heart in her back pocket. And we all know how the charmin' Queen of Ice feels about Summers's love," Pietro made a mock bow over Marie's hand and mumbled the words "Oh, Majesty, I am afraid that I must inform you that King Summers has fallen in love with Queen Grey's undying beauty. My sweet Rogue, pearl of my eye, how may we revenge thee?"

"By getting this creepy Aussie tah stop followin' me 'round, lab rat."

"Oh Southern Belle, how happily we shall do this for you, oh great lady of--"

"An' yah kin stop callin' me stupid names. We ain't in the middle of the Dark Ages yah know."

Pietro stepped back from his friend grinning mischievously. His eyes darted to the uncomprehending John.

"Uh, who's 'Rogue', mate?" John looked as if he was questioning Pietro's sanity.

"Oh, Saintly Lady, have you not even told this utter commoner your nom de plume?" Pietro stopped short with his theatrics as he saw the threat in Rogue's eyes, "This, my Aussie friend, is Marie Alder, though among friends she goes by the name of The Rogue. Now, why don't you go and sit down with your own kind?" the table where both Scott Summers and the giant Russian sat was indicated with a jerk of Pietro's thumb.

"Anyway," Lance continued, even though John had yet to leave the vicinity, "Rogue, you're about as close as we will come to an unbiased opinion. So who is better: Kitty, or Jean?"

"Well, Jean's more attractive, but Kitty has the better personality. They are both Xavier's ovah achievers, but Jean plays powah games with her boys, where as Kitty has yet tah chose one. Howevah, she's been awful chatty with that Russian.. Ah think that Ah have tah chose Kitty, but personally Ah don't think that eithah of yah are fallin' in love with the right girls."

"Masterfully decided, Rogue," Pietro took center stage again, he really couldn't resist being in the spot light, "Now, on to the next question that we needed decided by an unbiased authority. Who's hotter: Lance or me?"

"Yah, 'Tro. Yahr second place on the hottest guy in school poll that is goin' on the girl's bathroom wall," Marie grinned at the miffed expression that appeared on Pietro's face.

"Second place. Second place! Who's first?"

"Hi, Scott," Rogue waved over at the sunglasses toting boy, enjoying the look of jealousy that suffused Pietro's face.

"I came in second to Sergeant Summers? There's no way.. Arrrgggh, those X-Kids get everything."

"What are 'X-Kids'? Rogue made quote signs with her fingers.

"What we're now calling those freaks that hang out at that private school. X is short for Xavier, see?" Lance told her, "Am I in that poll at all?" he looked hopeful.

"Yeah, yah came in fourth. Just after tall, dark, an' Russian. Hey, we'd better get tah our seats. Johnny, what the heck are yah still doin' here?" Rogue glared at her project partner, who was scribbling down stuff in his note book.

Lance took a seat at the back table looking dejected about the fact that he had come in second to Kitty's new flame. They all joined him, even John. Pietro shrugged and the rest of the guys became acquainted with Johnny, but Rogue seethed.

The end of class couldn't come quickly enough for Rogue. Johnny had made friends with her friends easier than fish breathed water. As soon as the bell rung she grabbed her bag and bolted for the hall. The other guys stared after her. John started to follow, but was caught by Lance.

"Don't, something's upset her. One of us will deal with it. You don't know her well enough to be able to duck whatever surprise she has coming for you," Lance turned to the rest of the gang, "OK, who stormed out on us last time?"

"Pietro."

"Pietro."

"Yeah, it was me. Damn. Remember, I want to be cremated, not buried," Pietro ran after Marie.

"What was that all about, mates?" John felt puzzled. Like anywhere else there were obviously traditions here. He just wanted to understand them.

"We have this thing, foo'. We tend to blow up a lot, so whoever was the last person to blow up has to go and comfort the one who has just blown up. It's a means of punishment. Pietro yelled at everyone yesterday, so now he has to go get Rogue and calm her down. If you need us, we'll be off looking for a tombstone for Pietro. The last time Rogue blew up the person sent to calm her down got kicked in the balls," Todd explained, "That girl has serious anger management issues, yo."

"And very good aim," Lance seemed to be speaking from memory. A very painful memory.

John shrugged and walked off in the same direction as Pietro.



Please review, I need it for inspiration.

Tell me how you liked it, or hated it. I encourage flames, as they make me a better writer. Constructive critiques are better, but flames work for me if you are a good flamer. I actually received my first flame a while back. I was very excited. It was so funny. But that doesn't mean I don't love it when you say that you liked it. I cherish the warm fuzzies that I get when I see my mailbox crammed with review alerts.
Sign up to rate and review this story