Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie with You?

To the End

by IloveMCRmy 5 reviews

Happiness doesn't last for long.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-09 - Updated: 2011-06-10 - 3231 words

2Exciting
Author's Note: Well here it is you guys, this is the end to my first story. I can honestly all of you that have been reading and reviewing have made my first story one of the most amazing experiences ever! I am thinking of writing a sequel to this story after my second gets more in depth, so if you guys are interested let me know! But R&R your hearts out because this is the last chapter! I couldn't have asked for better readers for my first story! It has been a pleasure to write for you all. But if you can't get enough of my writing (Haha), check out my new story You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to Break. I love you all and thank you so much for everything!

Chapter 23: To the End.
Gerard's POV

Paige left ten minutes after she actually showered. I'm pretty sure she had gone to go hang out with Lindsay and tell her what had happened. I really didn't care all that much because it was what I expected. I was truly happy but as I said earlier there was one more thing that I needed to take care of. It had been three hours since I had that thought, and I was now sitting in front of a grey house with black shudders and white picket fence around it. I debated several times whether to get out and do what I had planned or just drive away as fast as I could and never look back. I was frozen with my hands glued to the wheel, but I felt this was something that I had to do. I yanked my hands off of the wheel and forced myself to get out of the car. My stomach was turning; I don't know if was anxiety or just pure fear. I was crazy coming here; I walked up to the blue door. I starred at it for a minute, scared of how this might go. But if I had learned anything from this past week, it was not to take any shit. I raised my fist and knocked on the door.

"Hello Gerard." her voice said lowly as she flashed a closed mouth smile.

"Rebecca." I said to her shortly, glance her over, surprised this was the girl I once loved.

"See, I told you that you would come back to me." she said ominously, as she stroked her hand against my cheek.

I quickly grabbed her wrist and threw her hand down; she looked shocked for a minute but quickly regained her composure.

"That's not why I am here." I said apathetically.

Her eyes began to well up with tears, but she held them back as much as she could.

"Why did you come?" she asked almost insulted.

"I came to thank you." I said softly.

"Thank me? Why the fuck would you do that?" she questioned she was clearly confused. She leaned against the left side of the door and waited for me to continue.

"Well you see," I started. "if it weren't for you trying to ruin my new relationship I wouldn't have realized I am over you. That you aren't what I want and that I do want to be with Paige because she makes me happy. What you did actually made our relationship stronger. So thank you..." I said sheepishly.

I examined her, she was starring at me, and I could see the fire rising in her eyes. She pushed herself up from the frame and looked at me one more time before she spoke.

"Well isn't that sweet, you think everything is just going to be perfect now." she mocked me.

"Yeah, well whatever I am done here." I said shortly as I turned on my heel and started to walk away.

"Oh Gerard." she called out tauntingly. I just kept walking "I still stand by my words, if I can't have you no one will." she said scornfully.

I climbed into my car just shrugging it off. A lot of things Rebecca said were bullshit, I did what I felt I needed to do, and I finally had some closure. I started driving back to my house with a smirk on my face. I didn't care what she said everything was perfect, and for once in awhile it was going to stay that way. No matter what insane rationality Rebecca had. I arrived back to my house to a strange sight my mom and Mikey were home. As soon as I walked in the door Mikey jumped onto me tackling me to the ground.

"GEEE! My long lost brother has returned!" Mikey yelled happily as he lay on top of me.

"Mikes get off of me!" I muttered unamused, Mikey does this every time he goes without seeing me for days. I had just gotten used to it.

"But I love you Gee!" he exclaimed as he rolled off of me and lifted himself off the floor.

"Yeah ...not going to like Mikey I thought you died." I chuckled, "But come down to my lair we have much to catch up on." I laughed so more and walked down with Mikey to my room.

I don't know what I would do without Mikey, having him around it was sort of like he was everybody's kid brother, not just mine. Sure Frank was my best friend, but Mikey was my brother...my own flesh and blood and he knew me better than I knew myself half of the time. It was nice just to sit down and talk to him and tell him everything had happened, and the faces he made throughout the story were hilarious. When we were done we decided we needed a bro day, just the two of us. We picked out a couple movies to watch, but of course the first one we watched was Jaws because it was Mikey's favorite movie. As I sat there movie after movie wide awake, Mikey drifted off into a deep sleep. I looked down at him sleeping peacefully and remembered how truly lucky I was to have a brother like him. It was only six when Mikey had passed out so I decided to go for a walk and bask in my happiness.

Lindsay's POV

"Well!" I screamed in anticipation at Paige on the edge of my couch.

"Well what?" she played dumb and rolled her eyes off into the distance.

"You know exactly what." I replied to her, "I told you I wanna know everything, so spill now!" I demanded her.

"And if I don't?" she questioned me.

"Looks like someone is going to need a ride home." I replied tauntingly, it always worked whenever I wanted to get something out of her. Its funny because she could drive, but I guess she would forget sometimes because I used to drive her everywhere. Nevertheless it still worked and it always made me giggle.

"Okay well...basically we worked everything out." she said quickly, but I could feel she was holding something back.

"Paige... don't fuck around with me. I know when you aren't telling me everything." I demanded again.

"Okay... well...we" she stopped for a minute, and her voice quickly dropped. " had sex." she whispered, and her cheeks painted themselves red.

"NO YOU DIDN'T!" I shrieked in disbelief.

"Well we did....twice." she said more comfortable with it.

"Well how was he?" I asked intrigued.

"Lindsay!" Paige yelped as her voice squeaked.

"What! Its normal!" I exclaimed. "If you ever asked about Frank I would tell you!"

"Yeah I know... which is why I don't ask." Paige chuckled. "But it was fucking incredible." she spewed out wondrously. Pulling out her phone to see if Gerard had texted her.

"Oh shit. I need to go! I have to check in with my mom I haven't been home all day. But call me later tonight and we can find something to do!" Paige said to me almost skipping out the door.

It was nice to see her like this, she was actually happy for once and if Gerard ever fucked up again I would rip his balls off. But for now things were going well and Paige was happy and my best friend deserved every bit of happiness.

Paige's POV

I left Lindsay's house still relishing the fact that everything was going so well. I drove home smiling the whole way and when I walked in the door I actually smiled at my mom, and had a conversation with her. Not only were things going well with Gee but my mom and I were actually getting along. I went upstairs and cleaned my room up a little bit and skipped out of the house to go for a walk. I hopped out of my door and took a deep breath of the summer air in. It was only six so it was still daylight and it was hot but not too hot to make me sweat. There was a soothing summer breeze that blew every few minutes or so making the trees rustle. The grass looked greener than usual and the birds chirped a taunting melody I had never noticed before. It was amazing how much more defined everything was when you were truly happy. As I walked down the cracked side walk I just smiled thinking about Gerard how I cared for him and was glad he was mine. In the distance I could see a girl walking rather fast, her long blonde hair flew behind her with each she took. The closer we got to each other I realized this wasn't a stranger... it was Rebecca. She was the last person I wanted to see but I figured if I just acted like I hadn't seen her she wouldn't bother me. I wasn't going to let her ruin my high of happiness. I did that awkward thing where you are about to walk past someone and you don't wanna awkwardly wave to them so you just look down. But it obviously didn't work, because as soon as I walked past her she called to me.

"HEY ANDREWS!" she yelled. "Get the fuck back here." she said irate.

I figured the only way to make her go away was to deal with her.

"Rebecca I know you don't like me but I really don't wanna do this right now okay?" I said to her compassionately hoping that she would just walk away.

"Oh no honey I fucking hate you. You're the reason Gerard doesn't love me anymore!" she yelled at me. I could see the fire ignited in her eyes.

I wasn't going to say anything but before I knew it words were flying out of my mouth.

"No! The reason Gerard doesn't love you anymore is because you fucking CHEATED on him!" I yelled back at the top of my lungs.

The look on her face immediately made me wish that I hadn't said anything. I could see her face flame up with anger.

"You see here's the thing Paige, if I can't have Gerard, nobody is going too." she said surprisingly calmer than I expected, considering her face kept swelling off with anger.

"Rebec--" before I could even finish my sentence she tackled me to the ground.

I could feel her fist make contact with my face, the first time it didn't hurt but then she hit harder and harder, and I could feel the blood oozing from my face.

"YOU BITCH! HOW DARE YOU TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME! NOW YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING PAY!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

I was praying for someone to drive by and see us on the side of the road, but there wasn't one car in sight. So I mustered up some strength and started to fight back. I was able to move my leg and kick her off of me. I managed to jump on her and punch her in the face several times. The blood gushed from her lip and nose. I could see her eyes becoming blacker and blacker with each punch I struck her with. But it didn't last long she rolled me over and started beating me so harder I could feel myself losing consciousness. She got to her feet and kicked me in my gut over and over again. I thought I was about to black out when I saw a figure grab the girl by her hair and pushed her out of the way.

"Get the fuck off her!" the figure's voice screamed. I immediately knew who it was. It was Gerard.

Suddenly I regained consciousness and could see Rebecca hitting Gerard in the face, trying to strike him down. I managed to get up and I was going to try and get her off of him, when she turned around to me. It was like she could feel me behind her.

"No no no sugar that's not how this is going to work." Rebecca said devilishly as she pulled a gun out from underneath her shirt.

"Rebecca what the fuck are you doing!" Gerard screamed. "Put that down!"

"No way Gerard I told you, if I can't have you nobody else will." she smiled with a crazed look in her eye.

I could feel my last moment approaching tears were streaming down my face. I felt like I had swallowed a dry pill. I started to feel chills up my spine, but they weren't from excitement, they were from the coming of death.

"I love you Gerard." I sobbed smiling. "And everything will be okay." Tears were erupting from my eyes now and I wanted so much to just have Gerard hold me one last time, kiss me one last time, tell me he loved me one last time. I had never felt so strongly about anyone or anything before, and I knew this would be the last time I would ever see him. I gazed at him trying to take him in one last time. His raven hair was being blown back by the wind. I gazed upon his perfect ivory porcelain skin desperately wanting to touch it one last time. His hazel eyes were filled with tears and sorrow, I knew he wanted to stop her and I could see him trying to think of a way, but he was paralyzed in fear. I took one last look at his rosy lips, I knew I would miss the feeling of them. They were soft like rose petals, and each time we would kiss I never want him to unlock from me. I reached my hand out to him wishing he would be able to grab it and pull me into him, and just hold me and stroke my hair. But that didn't happened. I stood there, with a mad woman pointing a gun at me, I was about to die and I would never get to live my full life. I would never go to college, continue my journey with Gerard, marry, or have children.

"Rebecca please." I begged as much as I could. Hoping she had on shred of decency in her being.

She respond by raising the gun towards my head as she moved closer to me. She pressed the cold metal gun to my head and cocked it back. I cried out one last time for mercy, but she wasn't going to give in. I closed my eyes bracing myself for the inevitable. My hole entire body was shaking, then within a split second I felt the cold metal leave me and I heard the gun fire. But I wasn't in any pain or one the ground. I felt my head and my whole entire body making sure I was okay with my eyes still glued shut. When I opened them I cried even harder, there on the ground was Gerard, a red spot stained his white collared shirt where his heart resided underneath. Even though I couldn't see what had happened I figured that Gerard went and grabbed Rebecca's hand yanking her around and she fired the gun, and the bullet hit Gerard. I looked up and searched for Rebecca but she had run off. I wanted so badly to run after her and beat her to death so she could feel the pain I am feeling right now. But Gerard was more important. Suddenly more and more cars started driving by.

"HELP SOMEBODY CALL THE COPS!" I screamed waving my hands in the air, until a car finally pulled over, and the driver called 911.

I rushed to Gerard's side, and removed my shirt trying to apply some pressure to the wound and soak up the blood.

"I love you Paige. I always loved you, it just took me forever to realize it. I am so sorry for ever hurting you." he panted it out weakly as he placed his hand on top of mine.

"I know, I know its okay. I love you too, and you'll be all right I promise." I said reassuringly as I sobbed.

"No I won't but its okay because we got to be together, and I got know what real love was like before I died." he whimpered trying to hold back his tears.

"Gerard you can't die what will I do without you. I love you so much, and you can't leave me." I could hear the sirens of the ambulance drawing closer and closer. "Fight it, I know you can make it. Help is almost here." I cried out, my eyes had turned into waterfalls, and the lump in my throat had gotten bigger.

"Even when I am dying you are still extremely stubborn" he chuckled.

"Gerard..." I cried out again.

"Shhh, just promise me you won't mourn my loss. Rejoice over the life I lived." he said even weaker now, I could feel him slipping away. "I lost my fear of falling I will be with you." He managed to breath out his last words before closing his eyes.

"NO GERARD! DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I saw the ambulance finally pull up and the paramedics grabbed the stretcher out of the back. They tried to pull him off the ground, but threw myself on top of him

"No you can't take him! Please! PLEASE!" I yelled out desperate not to let him go. I knew if they took him away I would never see him again. But my attempts to use my body as a barrier between them and him didn't work. They pulled me off him and over to a cop to question me. I was balling, and could even put together a sentence and I couldn't believe they would even want to talk time at time like this. I couldn't believe he was gone, the first person I had ever loved was dead, I would never hold him again, and the only thing I could thing of were his last words to me "I lost my fear of falling I will be with you." Even though Gerard was gone I knew he would be with me for the rest of my life, and even though I would fall in love again. It would never be a love stronger than the love I had for Gerard Arthur Way.
Sign up to rate and review this story