Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never for Best, Never for Worst

Night of the Living Dead

by atomiclithium 0 reviews

Frank decides to visit Gerard's house, but Jesse is already there.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 840 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Night of the Living Dead?" Mikey suggested as we both sat on the faux leather couch in the shabby living room.
I was trying to knock the Playstation controller out of Mikey's hands while trying not to be killed on Call of Duty. Tough maneuver.
"I thought you were trying to kick my ass at Black Ops?" I said as I perched on top of a hill, ready to blow Mikey's brains out.
"It's not working out so well."
I laughed as I shot him in the head with my favorite sniper rifle, once again.
"Well, I suggested co-op, but you turned the offer down."

Mikey had me cornered in an abandoned apartment complex when the doorbell rang.
"No, Gerard! Get back here!" Mikey yelled in frustration after I put the game on pause and walked to the front door.
"Jesse." I muttered to myself.
I opened the door and smiled. It was, in fact, Jesse.

"Hey." He said, putting his hands in his jean pockets.
He wasn't exactly punk like Frank and I, but he was still accepted as one.

Frank and I.

I snapped out of the thought and held the door open.
"Come in." I said, glancing at Mikey. He put the controller on the glass coffee table in front of him and glared at Jesse.
I gave him a don't-try-anything look.

"Can I talk to you, alone?"
More antagonizing looks from my brother.
"Sure."
I reluctantly shuffled my feet upstairs and into my train-wreck of a bedroom.

"Where's your mom?" Jesse asked after he shut my door.
"She's on call. She's a nurse." I replied. I sat down at my desk, where I kept all of my art.
"This is really good!" Jesse picked up one of my more recent drawings.
"Yeah, it's set in post apocalyptic California, 2019."
"Does it have a name?"
"Danger Days," I enthusiastically replied. Although I was mad at Jesse for punching Frank, I loved it when people asked me about my art, "so, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Jesse sat down on my unmade, Star Wars decorated bed and patted the space beside him.
I obediently sat down beside him.
"Was Frank telling the truth?"
"Telling the truth about what?" I evaded the question.
"Don't play stupid with me, Gerard. You know exactly what he said."
I sighed and looked him straight in the eyes. "Do you think he was lying?"
There was awkward silence.
"No."
"Then why did you punch him?" I quickly retorted with.
Another pause.
"For spreading rumors." Jesse finally said.
I chuckled slightly. "Well, that's the thing, Jess."
"What is?"
"He wasn't lying."
Jesse started to say something, then looked out the window and squinted his eyes.

Just then, Mikey came running into my room.
"Frank is here." He said urgently.
"What the fuck?" Jesse said. he got up and went downstairs.
"Shit." I said, ruffling my hair and silently cursing Frank, while making my way downstairs.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I heard Frank say to Jesse.
"I could say the same to you!"
"I swear, I will hit you so hard, you will see the curvature of the Earth."
"That all you got, Frank?"
"You guys," I intervene, "shut up!"

They both looked at me like I murdered someone.
"Frank, what are you doing here?" I calmly asked.
"To talk to you."
"Well, I was here first, asshole!" Jesse threw in.
"I'm pretty sure my reasons are more important." Frank retorted.
"Yeah? Prove it." Jesse stubbornly crossed his arms.
"You said it."

Frank stepped into the house and pushed Jesse out, shutting and locking the door behind him.
"That's not fair!" Jesse pounded on the door.

"Listen, Gerard," Frank turned to me and said, "I have to tell you something."

Instead of letting him finish, I grabbed him and kissed him lightly.
"Ew, get a room." Mikey jokingly laughs.
Frank let go of me. "Get a life, kid."
Mikey playfully stuck his tongue out and unpaused the unfinished game.
"Ha, I just killed you! Finally!"
"Oh no, you didn't!" I shouted over Mikey's joyous shouts.
I let go of Frank and tackled Mikey off the couch, sending the Playstation controller flying. At the last minute, Frank caught it.
"And... you just dove off a cliff." Frank smiled and threw the controller on the couch.
"Nooo!" Mikey whined and grabbed the controller.

I let go of my death grip around Mikey and exchanged it for a hug from Frank, which ended up to be a cuddle on the couch.
"So, a yes on Night of the Living Dead?" Mikey said after shutting off the Playstation.
"Yes, Mikey." I laughed and put my head on Frank's shoulder.


After the movie, which had to be the 100th time we saw it, Frank had to leave. I gave him a kiss goodbye and watched him walk out the front door. Before he closed it all the way, he said to meet me at lunch tomorrow. Without saying, I could not sleep that night.
Sign up to rate and review this story