Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never for Best, Never for Worst

Cemetery Drive

by atomiclithium 2 reviews

Gerard finds Frank after being attacked.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-13 - 754 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Wait, Gerard! Let me come with you!"
I turned around and stared at the school's entrance. Mikey pushed the doors open and ran to me.

"Let me come." He repeated.
"I have to do this alone." I strictly said.
"It's New Jersey, remember?"
I sighed. He was correct; it would be dangerous to go alone, especially in the middle of the day.

"No." I decided warily.
Mikey narrowed his eyes at me. "You're being ignorant."
In this situation, I didn't care. I had to find Frank.

"At least tell me where you are going, so I can find your body if you don't come back."
"Frank's house." I said without looking back.



"Goddamn Joss." I muttered to myself. I was walking down the street that Frank usually used to get to school, after walking through the park. I figured he would be there.

By the time I got to the park, menacing clouds moved into the area. I scowled; with my luck, it would be raining before I found Frank. Which, unfortunately, was bad news.

I looked around at the deserted, rundown park. Other than the wooden play set, nothing was around. I looked across the street, where something caught my eye. It was a graveyard. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at the sky. The clouds were now covering the sun, casting just a faint light. I felt like the sun was setting.

"Fucking great," I said to myself, walking towards the creepy looking graveyard, "i'm going in a graveyard in the dark, alone."
I hesitantly walked further towards the yard, aware that it was stupid of me to follow my gut feeling. Last time I followed what that bastard had to say, Frank didn't talk to me and joined Joss.

As I entered the graveyard, I looked up to the gate's sign. It read: 'Forest's Grave'. What a name.

Lightning crackled above me, and I could faintly see it. Tree's scattered the area, restricting my view to just ahead of me. Thunder came immediately after, telling me that the storm was close. Luckily, since the tree cover was so dense, the rain didn't hit me often.

I was just about to place my headphones on when I heard a pain filled groan.
"Frank?" I said to the emptiness around me. More thunder crackled. It was just my imagination.

Or as I thought. I heard another exasperated noise come from a Yew tree.
"Frank!" I exclaimed, running towards the large Yew. I saw a leg coming from behind the tree. It wore Black Converse.

I gasped at the sight. It was Frank. He had a swollen eye, and he was holding the right side of his stomach. There was blood around and on his hand.

I carefully removed his hand, revealing a puncture wound from what looked like a knife.

"Gerard." Frank said, relieved to see me.
"It's okay." I said, trying to keep calm. I took off the hoodie I had on and put it on Frank's wound. I placed his hand back on his side and looked for any more wounds.
"He only got me there. I tried to fight back, but he punched me in the eye." He winced as I moved him to a laying position. If I didn't move him, he would bleed to death.

"Who is he?" I asked Frank urgently. I whipped my phone out and dialed 911.
"It wasn't Joss."
"Who, then? Dominic? Zach?"
"No. No." He said. Tears were running down his dirt streaked face.
"911, what is your emergency?" The operator spoke through the phone.
"Forest's Grave, Belleville. Fairly deep puncture wound. Come quickly." I hung up the phone and set it down next to my leg.
"You sounded very professional." Frank said, trying to lighten the mood.
"My mom taught me it. Keep it short and they'll send help faster." Fear heavily laced my voice, making me sound vulnerable and helpless.
"Oh yeah," Frank said with a smile, "she's a nurse."
I smiled back, proud that he was being brave. I know I wasn't.

I heard sirens in the distance. I could tell Frank wasn't going to stay conscious for much longer, his hazel eyes were focusing in and out.
"Frank?" Worry came over me.
"Yeah?" He said drearily.
"I... I really do love you."
"I know you do, Gerard. I know."

I waited for him to reciprocate the words, but it did not come. I looked over at him, and saw that he reached unconsciousness. He never told me who attacked him.
Sign up to rate and review this story