Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never for Best, Never for Worst

This is a Nightmare of a Hospital

by atomiclithium 0 reviews

Gerard is in the hospital with Frank.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-13 - Updated: 2011-06-13 - 746 words - Complete

0Cliche
I was leaning over Frank's hospital bed, with tears streaming down my face and onto the sheets.
He looked so pale. His lips were a faint blue color. His expression was the most painful to see. Fear washed over me.

I felt him squeeze my hand. I looked down at our interlocked hands, afraid to move my own.

"Gee." Frank finally said something after four antagonizing hours.
I smiled hopefully.
"Frankie." I controlled my tears long enough to say.
"I'm sorry." he opened his eyes, revealing storm grey color instead of his normal hazel.
He tightened his grip around my hand.

"Don't cry." He said sorrowfully.
I sniffed and rubbed away the tears with my free hand.
"It's raining outside. You like the rain, don't you?" He was pretty calm for being stabbed a couple of hours ago.

I glanced at the hospital window. The sun was perfectly shining, although it was raining gloomily.
Frank let go of my hand, his hitting the bed silently. I gasped in fear as I turned around.

Everything was in slow motion after that. The main machine Frank was hooked up to beeped rapidly, signaling a flatline. Three nurses, one being my mother, raced into the room.
I couldn't move towards Frank; my legs were paralyzed.
"Frank!" I tried to yell, but nothing came out.
My mom pulled me away from Frank's bed, while the other nurses unhooked the machines and wheeled him away.

"This can't be the end." I whispered to myself. My mom let go of me, slowly walking towards the exit. The room was empty and quiet.


I yelled and quickly sat up in the uncomfortable hospital chair that I was sleeping in.

The room was quiet, other than the rain pounding softly on the window and Frank's steady breathing.

It was just a nightmare.

"It happens to the best of us." A nurse said when she entered the room. She checked Frank's vitals, glancing every so often at me.

I blinked a couple of times, trying to shake the sight of the dream out of my mind. I wiped the collecting sweat on my brow.

"He should be able to talk soon." The older lady said before leaving the room.

I walked over to Frank and stood in the exact same spot as I did in my dream.
Frank wasn't pale, and his lips weren't blue. Basically, he looked alive and well.

I sighed with relief and took his i.v.-connected hand.

A faint knock echoed the room, and Mikey and Ray stepped in.
"Hey." I happily said to them.
"I'm glad to see you both alive." Mikey jokingly replied.
"Is he okay?" Ray asked, looking at our hands and smiling.
"He's fine. I found him in the cemetery. The only wounds he had was a black eye and a puncture wound. He said that Joss nor his friends did it."
Mikey gave me a confused look. "Then who did?"
"He didn't say."
"Well, did you ask him?"
"Of course I asked him!" I raised my voice in frustration.

Frank coughed and moved his hand in mine.
"Frank?" Mikey said, him and Ray gathering around the bed.
"Yeah, Frank's the name." He snarkily replied. His voice sounded like a cat with rabies made a home in his throat.
"Welcome back." Ray smiled.
"I wasn't aware that I left in the first place."

We all laughed. Frank was definitely going to be okay.

In between our Kodak moment, an officer walked in with a laptop computer in his hands.

"Hello, my name is Joey." The officer said.
"Isn't that a little informal for a man of the law?" Frank's crackly voice said.
"Well, i'm off duty. You're welcome."

He sat down in the chair I used to sleep on and opened his laptop.
"You don't mind if I asked you some questions, Frank?"
"Do I have a choice?"

The officer sighed and looked up from the computer.
"It is one in the morning. I would be happily asleep if it wasn't for you."
"So, I don't have a choice."
"No."
Frank chuckled and lifted himself in an upright position, taking notice of our hands, and held tighter.

"I sincerely apologize," Joey chimed in, "but you boys will have to leave."

Frank looked at me and smiled. I bent down and kissed him lightly, unwillingly letting go of my hand from his.
"See you later." I whispered in his ear and walked away with Ray and Mikey.
Sign up to rate and review this story