Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never for Best, Never for Worst

Not the American Average

by atomiclithium 4 reviews

The last chapter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-14 - Updated: 2011-06-14 - 1058 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Well, boys." Joey poked his head out of the door.
We were sitting on the linoleum hallway floor, waiting for him to come back out.
"I am finished here. He should be able to go home soon."

"Is he gone?" Frank asked when we all went back in. I nodded and pulled a chair up to the bed and sat down.
Frank unhooked the IV and the heart monitor from his hands. He pointed to his clothes on the chair opposite of him. Mikey grabbed them and handed them to Frank.

"Your shirt is going to be ripped." I said as Frank put his pants on under the sheets.
"Damn! That was my favorite shirt. I guess I'll just go shirtless."

I bit my lip, trying not to smile. Frank took off the hospital gown and got out of bed. He looked down at his covered stab wound and peeled back some of the gauze.
"Oh, that's nasty."
Mikey scrunched his nose. "Why are you looking at it?"
"It's pretty cool."
I shook my head in disgust.
Blood wasn't one of my stronger likings.

"So, when can we get out of this hellhole?" Frank said as my mother walked in.

"Hello, boys." She said, her strong sense of hospitality showing through her voice.
"Hello, Mrs. Way." Ray said politely.
"Have you been home at all?" She asked Mikey and I.
"Gerard has been here the whole time." Mikey replied.
"Has he?" Our mother said, raising her eyebrows.
I nodded my head, trying to focus on something other than shirtless Frank.

"Well, Frank, I have some good news for you," She said, sitting on the messy bed, "you can go home."
Frank made a victorious noise.
"My shift ends in 10 minutes. I can drive you all home. Do you have someone who can sign you out?"
Frank's smile faded. "My father probably wont be home. If he didn't bother to come here and see me, he's going to be drunk."
I forgot that Frank's dad was an alcoholic; the only time he came home was to sleep. That wasn't often.

My mother sighed, "I think I can bend the rules here a bit. By law, I need you to go home with somebody. I can sign you out, but I can't go home with you."
"I'll do it." I said quickly, seizing the opportunity to be alone with Frank.
She nodded and smiled. "Well, it's all settled. Lets go out to the lobby."


"What did the officer ask you?" I asked Frank. We were driving to Frank's house first. Ray was in the front seat of the small Prius. Mikey, Frank, and I were in back.

"He asked me who did it."
"You never told me who."
"It was Jesse." Frank sighed and looked out of his window.
"What?" I asked unbelieving.
"I was right, he was jealous."
"Then why did Joss have your phone?" I said, reminding myself of the phone. I gave his back to him.
"That kid was crazy. He told me everything before he stabbed me.
"Everything as in...?"
"As in he collaborated with Joss, he stabbed me while I was walking to school and stole my phone. He gave it to Joss, to make it seem that he attacked me."
"Why did Joss want to get framed?"
"Jesse told me that Joss wasn't willing to stab me, and that Jesse should do it. Joss said that it was okay for him to be framed. I think they were friends the whole time."
I pursed my lips. Jesse had the guts to kiss me, only hours after he attacked Frank.

"This one?" My mom said, pointing to Frank's house.
"That's the one, Mrs. Way."
She pulled up to the dark house and turned the car off.
"Do you need any help?" She turned around and asked Frank, pulling out extra gauze pads from her purse.
Frank took the pads and shook his head. "I'm okay."
I smiled at Frank. He smiled back, taking my hand as he opened the car door and got out.
"Oh god, the rain is cold!" He shouted as my mom started the noiseless car and drove off.
I laughed and dragged him in the unlocked house.


"Hey, Gerard?" Frank said while (unfortunately) pulling on a Misfits shirt.
"Yeah?" I answered him, sitting down on the shabby living room couch.
Frank sat next to me and snuggled into my chest, still shivering slightly from the rain.
I gladly took him in my arms, resting my head on his.

"Do you remember when you said that you loved me?"
I felt my heart pounding hard in my chest.
"Of course I do."
"Did you say it because you thought I was going to die?"
I chuckled softly, "No. I knew you were going to be okay."
Moments of silence went by. I was just about to fall asleep when Frank looked up at me.

"Gerard?" Frank said. I looked down at him, his hazel eyes barely visible in the dark room.
"Yes?" I replied dozily.
"I love you."
I started so say something, but it got caught in my throat.
I held him tighter and smiled.
"I love you too, Frank."
"I'm sorry I ran away from my feelings in the beginning."
"You don't have to apologize. It doesn't matter now."
I fell asleep immediately after saying that.


I felt the need to tackle Jesse, even though he was getting dragged away by two cops. It was Monday already. The weekend with Frank went by too fast.

"Why don't you come to lunch?" Frank said from behind me.
I glanced back at him, and nodded my head toward Jesse.
Frank walked up beside me and took my hand.

"Gerard was never yours!" Frank yelled to Jesse.
I playfully punched him on the arm.
He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"I'm starving. Lets go see what kind of shitty food they're serving today." I let go of my hold from Frank and started walking toward the cafeteria.
Instead of following, Frank pulled me back and kissed me.

"That would be the official kiss." Frank said, with a sexy smile that made my heart skip a beat.
"The first kiss of a lifetime!" I said happily.


After our little make out session, we went to lunch.
They were, indeed, serving shitty food that day.
Sign up to rate and review this story