Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mikey's here

Flying Home

by imjustagirlnotahero 3 reviews

Well, this is going nowhere at the moment but I promise in the next few chapters, things'll get good!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-06-22 - Updated: 2011-06-22 - 1241 words - Complete

0Unrated
Amber's POV
I needed my notebook. I was freaking out without it. Frank still lay next to me, snoring away and I sipped my coffee Gerard and Eli brought me. They slept in a chair, Gerard's arm around her shoulder. I smiled because I could tell there was now something between them. Ray and Ciarra were sleeping on the couch and Chanya sat up in the chair, hand in the Skittles bag Frank held tightly. I laughed at the six sleeping members of my crazy family and then sighed. The other one wasn't here. Gerard told me that he didn't want Mikey to come 'just in case'.
I flipped on the TV in anger and 'That 70's Show' was on MTV. "Yay, I love this show!" the anger was suddenly subsided and it turned into complete sadness.
A few tears escaped my eyes, "Wha... Now, I'm crying for no reason. This is fun." A thought came to my mind and I started humming, "Hey, that's really good. Hmmmm....."
I grabbed the few pieces of paper Gerard drew on and started writing furiously. 3 hours, 4 coffees, and a nap or two later and at 6 AM, I had a song completely finished.
Frank stretched his arms up, "Ugh, look alive, sunshine. Hey everyone! Wake up!"
Chanya jumped in her chair "AH!" and spilled the Skittles, which made Frank crazy, "NO! MY SKITTLES!!!!!!!"
I laughed as he scrambled to the floor and tried rescuing the scattered candies. When he looked up, he saw my papers, "Wasthat?" and picked them up.
"Oh, just a song I wrote last night. I drank way too much coffee and now I'm kinda jittery," I said, my hand twitching for effect.
Ray walked over to my bedside and took the papers from Frank. He read as I started singing, a couple tears falling out of the corners of my eyes,
"Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

Until the end, until this blood
Until this, I mean this, I mean this
Until the end of...

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

But this time, we'll show them
We'll show them all how much we mean
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of every...

All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this

As lead rains, will pass on through our phantoms

Forever, forever
Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning
Forever, and ever
Know how much I want to show you you're the only one
Like a bed of roses there's a dozen reasons in this gun

And as we're falling down, and in this pool of blood
And as we're touching hands, and as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood, and as we're falling down
I'll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever"

He looked at me and smiled, "Wow Amber. This is really good."
I flicked my hand at him, "It's nothing really, just a song I wrote about.... some people I made up. In my head. Not real people, no one you know."
Ray gave me a smirk, "It's about you and Mikey isn't it?" I looked down, "Shut up and stop being right."
He laughed a little and gave me a hug, "It's okay. This is the way you express stuff, there's no shame in it."
I smiled up at him, his eyes giving me a sincere look, "Thanks Ray. You're so great and Ciarra's lucky to have you."
He gave me the papers back as the doctor came into my room, "Well Miss Mara, you can leave today, but we're going to give you some pills to take everyday for the next three months."
I almost jumped out of bed, but Ray and Chanya held me to the bed, "Thanks doc!"
He smiled and gave Gerard the pills, "One a day, everyday, for the next three months. Or the infections that came close to taking your arms will come back."
As he left, I grabbed my bag from under the bed and threw in the papers Gerard and I drew on. The nurse came in and carefully extracted the IV drip from my wrist. I felt bad for Gerard and Ciarra, two fearers of needles. Both hid behind each other and Eli held both of their hands. I took of the finger clip and tried standing, having to grab Frank for balance. We limped to the bathroom and Frank handed me my Paramore bag filled with extra clothes. I slipped into the jeans and carefully pulled on the long sleeved t-shirt, then my Ramones shirt. I fought to get my Converse on and stepped out of the bathroom, "Let's go home!"
They all smiled and we walked to the car, ready to go home.
I unlocked the door and walked into the living room, "HOME SWEET HOME!" I flopped on the couch and Frank sat on my stomach, "You know. We took your friends home. And I kinda miss them."
"Well they won't be coming back if you don't get off me, because I'm suffocating."
He got up quickly and helped me off the couch. Ray brought me some coffee and I went to the stairs, "I'm gonna put my stuff away. Gerard, throw me my pills."
I caught the flying bottle and ran up the stair to Mikey's room. I opened the door quietly and tip toed inside. Mikey lay on the bed, fast asleep and unnoticing of my arrival. I bent down and kissed his head, dropping my bag. I picked up my beloved notebook and put in the new song I wrote 'Demolition Lovers'. As I closed the book, I noticed a new song I didn't write. I opened it back up and read 'House of Wolves' by Mikey Way. It was really amazing and I could feel everything Mikey was saying. I turned around to the sleeping younger Way and stroked his hair, "Well Mikey, I don't know what to tell you other than... you can do this. I'll do anything to help you through this. I'd die for you."
He smiled and pulled me closer to him, "You're back."
I nodded my head, "Indeed I am. Did you miss me?"
"Like no other could."
I pushed the thoughts of what happened last night and sat with the real Mikey, going back to the middle of the day that started this all. The first day of school, how I will love you forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story