Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Absent Heart

Meet the Parents

by soccerbunny 2 reviews

This isn't exactly how Spencer planned on meeting Brendon's parents.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-06-29 - Updated: 2011-06-30 - 1656 words - Complete

0Unrated
Spencer felt something tickle his face. He grunted and turned his head to the side. Something tickled his face again. He opened his eyes to see Brendon's warm brown ones staring back at him.
Brendon blew on his face again, making Spencer sneeze. Brendon laughed and teasingly blew yet another gust of breath into Spencer's face. Spencer covered his face with his hands.
"Stop."
Brendon giggled and kissed the tip of Spencer's nose, tangling their fingers together where Spencer's hand was lying above his head on the pillow. "Hi," he said, pressing their foreheads together.
"Hi," Spencer responded, leaning up to kiss him. Brendon was all warm and snuggly from being nuzzled against Spencer's chest all night, and his hair was sticking up everywhere. Spencer personally thought that Brendon looked adorable. He could get used to this, waking up every morning with his boyfriend in his arms. Or maybe him in his boyfriend's arms. Either one would make Spencer very happy.
Brendon yawned, breaking the kiss and burying his face in Spencer's shoulder.
"I'm tired."
"Well then go back to sleep."
"Don't want to."
Spencer rolled his eyes and rubbed Brendon's head.
"What do you want to do then?"
Spencer hadn't meant for that to sound seductive, but apparently it was in Brendon's mind, because Spencer suddenly had a mouthful of Brendon's tongue.
Not that he particularly minded, but you know. It would have been nice to warn him.
While Spencer was pondering the fact that Brendon could have just suffocated him and he could have died via makeout, Brendon had pinned his wrists on either side of his head on the pillow. Brendon tipped his head slightly to the left to get a better angle.
Spencer flexed his wrists, trying halfheartedly to get out of Brendon's grip. In the end, Spencer decided to bite down slightly on Brendon's lower lip, knowing he would overreact.
Sure enough, Brendon squeaked and sat up in Spencer's lap, crossing his eyes trying to look at his lip.
"Am I bleeding? Oh God, oh shit, I'm bleeding aren't I!"
Spencer rolled his eyes and sat up too, so that Brendon was straddling his waist. "Calm down B, you're not bleeding, I didn't even bite you. I nibbled."
Brendon made an impossibly big frowny face and whined, "It huuuuuurts. I need you to kiss it all better!"
Spencer smiled and leaned in again. The sheets were tangled around their waists. Brendon pushed impatiently on the back of Spencer's head, trying to deepen the kiss.
"I love you." Brendon said breathlessly, the sentence muffled against Spencer's mouth.
"I love you t-"
"BRENDON BOYD URIE!"
The boys pulled apart almost immediately, faces still inches away but both staring at the open doorway, where Brendon's Mormon parents stood.
Well... shit.
Brendon's dad had his fists clenched at his side, like he was trying not to punch someone (probably Spencer) and Brendon's mom looked like she was about to break down in tears.
There was no way to get out of this one, considering that Spencer's arms were around Brendon's waist, Brendon's hands were tangled up in Spencer's hair, and they had both just been declaring their love for each other.
And let's not forget the fact that they're naked.
"Uh, um, h-h-hey, Mom, Dad. Uh... you're home... earlier than expected?" Brendon attempted.
Mr. Urie spoke through gritted teeth.
"Who is this?" He said, pointing a finger at Spencer, who was trying to resist the urge to jump out the window. Either escape or an instant death would be nice right about now.
Brendon looked at Spencer. Spencer looked at Brendon.
Brendon peered over at his dad and choked out, "This is Spencer."
"And what where you doing with him?" Mr. Urie's voice was venomous. Brendon opened his mouth, and closed it again. Then he opened it again, and said something not completely unrelated to the question.
"I'm gay."
His father cringed and his mother started sobbing uncontrollably. Spencer tried not to nuzzle his head into Brendon's chest.
Mr. Urie glared daggers at both boys.
"I want you both downstairs in no more than two minutes."
And with that, he tugged Mrs. Urie out of the room and slammed the door behind him.
Immediately, tears started streaming down Brendon's face. He let his hands fall out of Spencer's hair and his head fall forward onto Spencer's chest.
"We-e're s-s-s-screw-screwed!" He cried, taking small, shuddering breaths. Spencer, feeling tears prick the edges of his own eyes, cupped Brendon's face gently and lifted his head up so that their noses were touching. Brendon's glistening eyes stared into his blue ones for a few seconds. They both knew that they were in deep shit. They both knew that this was probably the end of their relationship.
"I love you Spence." Brendon whispered, burying his head in Spencer's neck and kissing his shoulder.
"Love you too Bren. So much."
They held each other tightly for a moment and got up, located their clothes silently and solemnly, got dressed, and walked downstairs. Spencer twined their fingers together, and they walked, clutching each other's hands, until they reached the doorway of the kitchen.
Mrs. Urie was sitting at the table and had her face in about five tissues. Mr. Urie was leaning against the counter, looking up when they entered.
Spencer instinctively moved a tiny bit in front of Brendon after seeing the look on his dad's face.
"How long has this been going on?" Mr. Urie seethed.
Brendon gulped. "About a month."
He took a deep breath, and Spencer could tell he had broken out into a cold sweat.
Mrs. Urie looked up from her tissues and sobbed, "Why would you do this to us Brendon? How could you betray us like this? How could you betray God like this?"
Brendon cringed, but said, "I haven't betrayed you or God or anyone! I can't explain why, because I don't really know myself, but I just wouldn't be happy if I was with a girl. "
His mom shook her head tearfully and said, "And dancing with the devil makes you happy? Brendon, my love, listen to what you're saying! This is unnatural, it's a disease, and Christ can heal you Brendon!"
Brendon shook his head.
Brendon's dad walked over so that he was standing less than a foot in front of them. He gently but firmly took hold of Brendon's shoulder's and said, "Brendon, we're worried about you. This isn't natural. It's disgusting. It's not right for you to be feeling this way. Bren, we can fix you if you'd just-"
He shrugged his father's hands off his shoulders angrily. "Fix me? Fix me? I don't need fixing Dad! I can't even believe you think there's something wrong with me! I was born this way, and even if I wanted to change myself, I wouldn't. I love me just the way I am. Why can't you?"
He was tearing up again, and Spencer unthinkingly moved his hand to the small of Brendon's back, soothingly rubbing in circles. Brendon sighed and leaned back into Spencer's touch, causing Mr.Urie to turn on Spencer.
"This is all your fault."fa
Spencer tried his hardest to keep his left eyebrow firmly in line with his right one, but somehow he ended up with his bitchface on. He decided to just go with it and put on a sassy gay attitude to match.
"Well excuse me if I accidentally fell in love with your son."
Brendon smiled.
Mr. Urie didn't.
"Get out."
Spencer pondered the idea of grabbing Brendon and making a run for it. On the other hand, Brendon might get off the hook easier if Spencer was good and left.
Brendon clutched Spencer's sleeve and whimpered, "Don't leave."
"I'll talk to you tomorrow, B." Spencer said softly, running his fingers through Brendon's hair.
"Oh no you won't!" Brendon's dad growled from behind Spencer.
Brendon whined, "Dad!"
"You are never allowed to see that fag ever again."
Brendon turned scarlet and took a step towards his dad, spitting venomously, "How dare you? You loud-mouthed, homophobic little-"
Spencer quickly put his hand over Brendon's mouth, and after a few more words muffled into Spencer's palm, Brendon quieted down, seething in silence. Warily glancing over at Brendon's parents, but speaking mainly to Brendon, Spencer mumbled, "Calm down, it's nothing I haven't heard before."
He turned back to Brendon, and, out of sight of his parents mouthed, "Call me later."
Brendon nodded, tears rolling down his face again. Spencer realized that he was crying too.
He grudgingly walked past Brendon and made it almost all the way to the door without breaking down in hysterics when he heard Brendon squeak out his name.
He turned around to see that Brendon had followed him to the door. Brendon didn't waste any time before gingerly cupping Spencer's face and pressing their lips together. Spencer knew that Brendon was going to get hell for this later, but he also knew that Brendon was perfectly fine with being yelled at, as long as he got to kiss his boyfriend goodbye for perhaps the last time. Mr. Urie hastily tugged Brendon away and held him in place while he tried to struggle out of his dad's grip and get back to Spencer.
Spencer gritted his teeth to stop himself from taking a can of whoop-ass out on Brendon's father, and opened the front door. He stepped outside and peeked his head back inside briefly.
"I love you."
Brendon smiled weakly and opened his mouth to say it back, but his father interrupted before Brendon could get a word out.
"Well that's just too bad."

--
Well. What did ya think. I'm sorry it took so long to put up, I had writer's block. Accept more severe. Like... writer's constipation. Anyways, you know the drill. Read and review or (british accent) I will pour it on the floor and blame it on you!
Sign up to rate and review this story