Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mary Jane.

Chapter Two.

by HalfBloodPrincess

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] [Y] - Published: 2011-06-30 - Updated: 2011-07-01 - 1350 words

?Blocked
“You can’t go to a different school, you just can’t.” Frank, tried to argue with his best friend of well, his whole school career.

“Why not?” Mary asked him as they walked to their lunch table.

“Because, what happened to Best Friends for Life?” Frank asked.

Mary looked at him straight in the eye, it was not hard for as they were the same height standing at 5’2,
“Frank, we will still be best friends; a new school is not going to change shit. I will still see you after school, on the weekends and every shared break.”

“What about lunch? Who are we going to sit with at lunch?” Frank retorted.

“This will be a good time for us to branch and meet new people. Maybe even date someone.” Mary sighed.

“New people? New people? Mary we both know all the people at this school, no one wants to be friends with the nerds, freaks, the outcast, the potheads…” Frank complained and pushed his thick rimmed glasses further up the bridge of his nose. “And don’t even get me started on dating, I mean look at me, nobody wants this.” She looked at him, he wore dirty black converse with his grey school pants, freshly pressed white collared shirt and maroon tie. He was hunched over from the overly heavy school bag that covered his little back like a turtle shell, reminding Mary of the Hunched Back of Norterdame. His face was beautiful though, not that she would even dream of admitting it. He had breathtaking, sunken, hazel eyes, perfect shaped eyebrows that most girls would kill for, and amazing lips that were not too thin but just right that lay on his round head. His hair was dyed black, and slicked so the school would not discover his Mohawk.

“Frank, if you really wanted a girl, you could get one. Sure you need a little help here and there but it is all a relatively simple fix. Actually all you need to do is look for a girl.” Mary smiled at him. What Mary didn’t know, though, was that Frank had already found a girl, he just didn’t have her and couldn’t. “Now me I am a different story. I am no Ashley Harris.”

Frank rolled his eyes, Ashley Harris, the worst girl ever to walk the halls of St. Francis. Frank thought when he looked at his best friend, she’s right though, she is no Ashley Harris. Mary Jane is nice not a bitch, Mary is pretty, she doesn’t need ten thousand layers of make-up to appear pretty. Mary looks great just the way she is, long brown hair milky white skin, small figure. She was perfect in Frank’s eyes. Just perfect. But Frank could never tell her this, Frank could never tell his true feelings. “You know you are right, you are no Ashley Harris.” he nudged Mary Jane. “But then again who would want to be?”

“Almost every single girl at this school,” Mary Jane sighed.

“Yeah, but we’re different, we’re cool, in that uncool kind of way.” Frank smiled.

“This will be good Frankie, I promise Life will not change for either of us.” Mary tried to reassure him.

“Promise?”

“Pinky Promise.” Mary raised her pinky to him, Frank hesitated for bit not sure how he could handle being away from Mary, but soon he raised his own pinky to lock with Mary Jane.

“Nothing changes.” Frank looked in her eyes.

“Nothing.” Mary pulled Frank into a hug before they sat at their lunch table, in the back of the cafeteria. The tables were nice, just like a restaurant. They were made of fine wood, with school colored, table clothes of red and black.

“So how long do we have?” Frank pulled out his brown bagged lunch.

Mary hesitated, she knew she would have to tell him but he was going to mad she never said anything sooner. “We have until 7th period today.” she smiled nervously.

“WHAT?!?!?!” Frank questioned. “That’s not enough time.”

“Well, Mommy dearest thought I should move on as soon as possible.” Mary ran her hands through her hair.

“Was this her idea to change schools?”

“No it was mine, Frank. I can’t be me here, I want to be me, and I need to be me.”

“I am going with you.” Frank stated in a harsh tone. “That’s it I will go with you.”

“No, Frank, you won’t. There is no way your parents are going to let you just run off to public school in Newark. Think of it, the drugs, the sex, violence.”

“Sluts are here too, drugs well I am sure you have some swiped pills from your mother in your sock, I know I have a joint in my backpack. Violence? What is more mentally abusing then you sister?”

“I know that, but your parents think differently, they put down four thousand dollars a month just so you could attend this shitty school.”

“See I would be saving them money and maybe then they would buy me a car.” Frank smiled hopeful.

“First you should get your permit, no?”

“Your right, but still you can’t leave.”

“Frank…”

“Alright, Alright.”

For the rest of their lunch and day at school, they never mentioned it being Mary Jane’s last day at school. At the tail end of her day, she was excused from her 7th period English class early to complete her check out of school. She didn’t tell anyone else about her departure but that was mainly because there was no one else to tell, Mary Jane had no real friends other than Frank.

After school she normally would have hung with Frank, but through his sad attempt to be cool he had guitar lessons. He was actually quite good, but it would not change the fact that he was still a dork at heart. So it was off to her home, the biggest mansion in New Jersey. Seriously it held 18 bedrooms and 20 4 ½ bathrooms, a library, restaurant status kitchen, 2 dining rooms, 3 banquet halls, 5 offices, a play room, parlor, bar, weight room, countless seating room, a theater, an indoor pool, with 4 others in the backyard. The grounds were just as spectacular, once you passed the guard at the gate you were taken up a winey road. The car port was at the path’s end. The house had no real front yard, just a walk away from the carport that lead to the bridge over the mote. In the back there was a tennis court, basketball court, the five pools mentioned earlier, a grotto that was better than the one at the playboy mansion, with a nice size barbecue pit inside of it as well as one near a spear grass area that no one ever used.

It took 428 staff members to run the estate, that’s more than the white house, but step mommy had the money so it didn’t matter. One would expect Mary Jane to feel quite privileged to grow up in such a manner, but it was far from how Mary saw it. It was not that she was ungrateful for all she had, but Mary was missing the one thing she longed for more than anything, love.

Once in Mary’s 16 years of life she felt it, she felt love, but it was soon lost. She could remember however what it felt like to be love. Mary knew that her father still loved her but not in the way that he used to. She hardly even saw the man anymore and that’s all Mary ever wanted. Sometimes, Mary would dream about a woman a beautiful woman with long brown hair, much like her own, with piercing blue eyes and the warmest smile anyone could ever imagine. Mary would often draw pictures of her when she felt sad or lonely; it was her way of escaping. Though she didn’t know who the woman was she loved her and hoped she loved Mary back.
Sign up to rate and review this story