Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Colorblind

The Last Thing

by Katrina_Adams 6 reviews

The last thing Ryan felt was the pain. The pain of rejection, and from the razor.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-07-04 - Updated: 2011-07-05 - 914 words - Complete

2Moving
The last thing Ryan remembered were two chocolate brown eyes looking at him in the reflection of the mirror before everything blacked out.
The last thing Ryan remembered was the warm feeling of red blood that was pouring out of his left arm.
The last thing Ryan remembered was the quiet sound of blood dripping out of the cuts from his wrist and onto the sink counter.
The last thing Ryan felt was the pain. The pain of rejection, and from the razor.

--

Ryan slowly opens his eyes, looking up at the ceiling. He had a major headache, and all he could feel was the throbbing, stinging pain in his left arm. Ryan slowly tilts his head to the side, noticing he was lying down on his bed. He makes a soft groaning noise as he forces his body to slowly sit up, but was stopped by a warm hand on his chest, gently pushing Ryan back down.

"Hm?" Ryan mumbles softly, slowly opening his eyes. There was little light in the room, but just enough light to be able to catch a glimpse of Ryan's body lying there. There was people in the room, but Ryan couldn't make out their voices, let alone their faces. From lack of blood, he was weak and tired.

The mattress shifted a bit on his side, as someone sat down. Ryan slowly looks up, blinking his eyes to try to get a clear image of the person looking down at him. "Ryan?" Spencer asks.

Ryan opens his mouth to speak, but all that came out soft wheezing, and a bit of coughing. He whimpers softly, closing his eyes all over again. Ryan felt like there was weight on top of him, keeping him from saying anything at all. Suddenly, it was hard to breathe.
"Sp-Spen-" Ryan gets out, feeling cold sweat dripping down his forehead now.

"Shh," was all Ryan heard, but he could easily tell Spencer was there. His arm suddenly started to sting even more, and felt a sharp wave of pain over his left arm, making Ryan cry out. "Ryan, it's okay." There goes Spencer's voice again. Ryan blinks back forming tears, and looks up at Spencer, seeing where the pain was coming from.

All Ryan could see was someone fixing up his left wrist. He couldn't see who it was, since their head was leaned down, clearly focused on all the scars on Ryan's arm. It hurt more getting it fixed. "Br-Brendo-" Ryan chokes out, turning his head to the side, searching for Brendon. He had heard his voice. He had felt Brendon behind him. He saw his eyes. Where was he?

"He left," Spencer says softly. Ryan felt his heart sink. Would Brendon really leave? His chest was rising up and down, as Ryan was panting now, feeling the need to cry. "N-no," Ryan says, slighty shaking his head, which was a bad idea, as he felt light-headed. Spencer nods slowly, looking down at Ryan, making sure Ryan understood.

"M-my dad," Ryan says softly, not knowing where his dad was. Brendon had been here, and so is Spencer and whoever was fixing his arm. His dad wouldn't have let them all in. "He's outside, talking to the police," Spencer explains. Ryan's heart stopped. The police?

"Wh-what?"

"He was drunk, Ry. You were in the bathroom, nearly bleeding to death," Spencer says, staring down at Ryan. Ryan could feel something soft and itchy being wrapped around his left wrist, knowing his arm was being bandaged up.

"N-no. He didn't d-do anyth-" Ryan starts. He stopped speaking as Spencer pressed his finger against Ryan's lips. Ryan looked up at Spencer, noticing the man mending Ryan's wrist glance at him. Ryan sighs shakily, staying quiet now.

Fifteen painful minutes later, the man began to place all his medical supplies back into a small bag he had with him and left. Ryan slowly sits up, using the support of his right arm, and looks at Spencer. "W-what happened to my dad?" Ryan asks softly.

Spencer sighs. "Brendon came here after you ran off, and found you in the bathroom. He saw the razor, and he got all freaked out. He called me and my mom. My mom called the police because your dad was drunk and Brendon was going on about you being hurt, and that's when everyone thought your dad hurt you."

"Where's m-my razor?"

"Brendon has it."

"Why did h-he leave?"

Spencer sighs. "Because he couldn't believe you would do that to yourself, he was really upset. And you promised me you weren't going to cut!" Spencer says, looking at Ryan, with an mixed expression of hurt and a slight glare in his eyes.

"That was before you lied to me," Ryan says softly, looking down at the bed covers. It felt like he was getting hit with a brick, being reminded of that.

Spencer sighs, running his hand through his hair. “Ryan, I didn’t mean to lie, honestly. I just need time to thin-” Spencer starts, but was interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway, getting closer and closer to the room.

Both boys looked in the same direction, seeing Spencer’s mother appear in the doorway. “Sorry to interrupt boys. Spencer, you’re going to have to pack for Ryan. He’s going to be staying with us for a few days,” she says, and left.


--


One more chapter for this story to end. Rate * Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story