Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dear Agony

Scattered

by IsisBane 6 reviews

A bit of wisdom from the youngest Way...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-07-06 - Updated: 2011-07-06 - 843 words - Complete

5Ambiance
This is just kind of a filler... hence the shortness.


I followed the ragged dirt path to the lake, finding sitting on the dock rather relaxing. I listened to the water lapping against the wood of the posts. It wasn't dark yet, in fact it was a few hours from sunset. The water glistened, making everything seem a little brighter. No one was out on the lake, so I didn't have to worry about being disturbed. I hadn't let anyone know where I was going, since I had no reason to. It was perfect.

I didn't have my notebook, so that was a little bit of a problem. I already missed being able to reach over and grab it like I could at home. It was only back at the cabin, but I wasn't in the mood to run into anybody on my way there or back, even a stranger. The only thing I was in the mood for was breaking Frank Iero's face. He deserved every bit of pain that I would end up inflicting on him sooner or later. He had no reason to trip me in the middle of the cafeteria. I wouldn't have been so pissed if I hadn't actually gotten hurt. Sure, it was just a bruise. But it was the size of Jamie Farr's nose and it hurt like hell. Frank was escalating to a whole new level of midget-demon evilness.

I can handle a certain amount of Frank's antics, but I feel like I've already had an extremely forceful overdose with one incident. He'd gone too far the moment he made it physical. I'd known Frank for a long time, and he'd never actually hurt a girl. He's not like that. So to think he'd risk whatever might happen to me by tripping me with a bunch of shit around... well, it was a hard concept to grasp.

At the moment, I honestly didn't care that Gerard was around. My life was going to be a living hell for the next month, no matter who was there to possibly stand up for me. I was really beginning to despise Frank in some of the worst ways possible.

I heard soft footsteps on the dock and quickly turned to see who was there. Confusion crossed my face. “Mikey?”

Mikey looked at me, tentatively taking a small step closer to me. “Hi...” he said quietly.

I sat up and motioned for him to sit with me. “What are you doing here? Everyone else is at dinner or in their cabins.”

He slowly walked to a spot a few feet away from where I was and knelt down. “I wanted to talk to you about something”, he said, his voice showing how nervous he was. “It's about Gee.”

I nodded. “Go ahead. I'm listening, Mikey.”

He sighed. “Well, I just kinda feel like I need to discuss this with you.” Mikey smiled, glancing down at the dock. “It's weird, I guess. But I wouldn't feel right if I just let it go.” He paused for a moment., becoming more serious again. “You know that Gee likes you a lot, right?”

My heart pounded and I nodded, smiling a bit. “Yeah. We're getting to be really good friends.”

Mikey bit his lip and shook his head. “No, that's not what I mean. But I think you kinda understand, anyway.”

I turned back to the water. “No, I really don't. Gerard's an amazing person, and I love being around him. But I'm not getting the same feeling from him.”

Mikey was quiet. “He doesn't always know how to express himself verbally, that's all it is. The thing is, I know he would never hurt you. He cares too much.” He stood, balancing himself. “Can I trust that it's the same for you? I mean, you'd never do anything that would hurt him, right?”

I nodded, silent. I didn't know why he was asking me these things. It was sudden, and there was no way I could have mentally prepared myself for any of it.

“Cadence... I want you to know something. Gee and I have always been really close. We tell each other everything, and there aren't any secrets. And, well... it's like you're all he talks about lately. I'm kinda jealous that someone else gets all of his attention, but I'm glad it's someone as good for him as you. I haven't seen Gee this happy since we were little kids. So... thanks”, Mikey said timidly. He turned and started walking back towards his cabin, not giving me time to answer him.

Not that I had a real answer to that, anyway. Gerard never acted like more than a friend. So I wouldn't try to get accustomed to anything other than what he'd hinted at. Mikey's a sweet kid, but I didn't know what to believe anymore. My head was tied up in knots just thinking about what had happened in the past few hours. And it would only get worse with the little bastard from across the street around.
Sign up to rate and review this story