Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Absent Heart

The Morning After

by soccerbunny 9 reviews

Ryan and Spencer discuss the options, and Ryan learns some new things about babies.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Published: 2011-07-11 - Updated: 2011-07-12 - 806 words - Complete

3Ambiance
The next morning, Spencer woke up, tangled in his bedsheets with one of Ryan's arms wrapped around his waist and Ryan's head nuzzling into his neck, drooling slightly. Spencer was pretty much okay with this, until he woke up enough to realize that his brother was snuggling him. Long story short, Ryan ended up on the floor rubbing a quickly forming bruise on his head while Spencer frantically tried to wipe drool off of his neck.
After a great deal of arguing and groggy, not-very-well-aimed punches, they stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen to see a note on the counter, scrawled in their mother's handwriting.
Boys, Crystal has an appointment with her special doctor at 9 o'clock, so we'll be gone for a little while.
Ryan wandered over to the cupboard, poured a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and yawned, "It's 1:00 pm. Why isn't she home yet?"
Spencer shrugged, "They probably went out shopping or something, not important. Listen Ry, we know where Brendon is. Give me one good reason not to go get him."
Ryan sat down at the table, munching on his sugary, brightly colored cereal thoughtfully.
"Well," he swallowed and spooned some more cereal into his mouth, "It's in Tennessee. Isn't that a good enough reason?"
Spencer shook his head, and fell into the chair opposite Ryan.
"No. I'd go to the ends of the earth for him. Distance is not an issue."
"Dude. They marry their cousins over there."
Spencer sighed, "That's stereotyping Ryan. And, if I do recall, you were the one molesting me in your sleep."
Ryan banged his spoon down on the table in frustration and said, through a mouthful of cereal, "I did not molest you, I was snuggling. It's not like I was humping your leg or anything."
Spencer smiled and asked Ryan to think of another reason.
While Ryan thought, Spencer toyed with the scarf that he just realized was draped haphazardly around his neck. Ryan chuckled, and when Spencer looked at him curiously, he explained, "You look ridiculous right now."
He assumed that much, he wasn't wearing a shirt, just purple boxers and a blue scarf.
They sat in silence for a few minutes before Ryan held his spoon high in a victory salute and said, "You shouldn't go get him because he's in a rough place as it is. Having his boyfriend show up while he is at an anti-gay camp will only make things a hell of a lot worse for him."
Spencer frowned, not amused with Ryan's logic. They stared at each other determinedly for a minute, until Ryan sighed and said, "Honestly, you should just wait until he comes back. That camp lasts for about three weeks. Just three weeks, then he comes back, you're together again, secretly of course, and as long as he acts straight and maintains the illusion that he's changed, everything will be fine."
Spencer scowled and let his head fall with a thunk onto the wooden table.
"I don't want him to have to pretend to be someone he's not."
Ryan reached across the table and ruffled Spencer's hair.
"Just for two years, until he turns eighteen. Then you guys can elope and get married and have wonderful, beautiful babies together."
Despite himself, Spencer laughed, "I don't think you get how making babies works."
Ryan looked across the table at Spencer, looking at him as if he had just said something ridiculous and scoffed, "Of course I do! They're made at the hospital, then the mom goes to pick one up, and then they come home and live with their family!"
Spencer stared at Ryan for a good two minutes.
"You're joking, right?"
Ryan honestly looked confused. Spencer leaned across the table and grabbed Ryan's head in his hands.
"Ryan. When you were in school, did you skip Sex Ed to go to Taco Bell with Pete?"
Ryan nodded.

The next two hours were full of awkward conversations about sex and babies and 99 cent chalupas. Ryan eventually broke down and hid behind the refrigerator, hyperventilating and refusing to come out because, in his words, Spencer was 'filling his head with nonsensical lies.'
Sooner or later, Mrs. Smith came home and sat Ryan down for a talk while Spencer snuck up to his room, wary of the conversation at hand. He sat down on his bed and checked his phone to see a text from an unknown number.
I'll be home soon. love you xoxo Bden
Spencer fell back on the bed, grinning like an idiot, feeling truly relaxed for the first time in days. He turned over and petted Jon's sleeping head feeling like things could work out after all.

---
YAY! Sowwy I took so long to write another chapter. I'm a horrible person.
Read and Review or I'll make Jon kitty-vomit on you.
Sign up to rate and review this story