Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Absent Heart

Breaking and Entering

by soccerbunny 3 reviews

What could possibly go wrong?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-07-05 - Updated: 2011-07-05 - 1526 words - Complete

0Unrated
Eventually, Ryan dragged Spencer downstairs to eat dinner with the family. Ginger Smith was practically in tears, clutching her older son as if he would evaporate any second. Ryan simply laughed awkwardly, realizing that this is what he gets when he arrives unannounced after not visiting for 6 months.
Spencer was glad that Ryan was attracting all the attention, because he wasn't really in the mood for eating, and preferred to sulk in the corner with Jon sleeping in his lap until Ryan would tell him what the hell he was planning. He also didn't want his mom asking questions about his recent strange behavior, because the last thing Spencer needed was to explain to his mom that the sleepover she had sent him on wasn't exactly what she thought it was. Of course, she knew he was gay, just sort of... refused to acknowledge it. Which wasn't exactly a bad thing in Spencer's opinion.
At around ten o'clock, Mrs. Smith sent them both to bed despite their complaints, and clung to Ryan slightly longer than was necessary.
Once they were safely in Spencer's room, where Ryan would be sleeping, Spencer pounced, pinning Ryan to the ground.
"What's your plan?"
Ryan struggled out of his younger brother's grip and stripped down to his boxers and t-shirt, jumping into Spencer's bed and snuggling into the pillow before answering, "Just go to sleep, I'll tell you later."
Spencer scowled until Ryan rolled his eyes and threatened, "Go to sleep, or I won't tell you at all."
Spencer huffed and changed into his pajamas, climbing in beside Ryan and making room for Jon to snuggle into the crook of his neck. Ryan laughed and turned out the light.
Spencer tried not to fall asleep, he really did, but with Ryan yawning next to him and the rhythm of Jon's tiny, even, sleepy, kitten-breathing on his neck, he was out in a matter of minutes.
A few hours later, he woke up to Ryan shaking his shoulders. Jon was sitting at the edge of the bed, licking his paws. Ryan was already dressed in a black button down shirt, tucked into black pants with navy pinstripes.
Spencer was suddenly wide awake, aware that Ryan was probably about to tell him the plan.
"Get up. Get dressed. Something dark, so we won't be seen.
Thoroughly confused now, Spencer changed into a very dark purple long-sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans and black Vans.
Ryan nodded his approval and picked Jon up, tucking him snugly into his shirt, unbuttoning one of the middle buttons so Jon could stick his little head out.
It was pitch black outside, Spencer followed Ryan out of the house and down the street until they were standing right outside of Brendon's house.
"No."
"Do you want your boyfriend back or not?"
"Of course I-"
"Then help me find a way in!"
"Ry, this is illegal."
"What if Brendon's gone for good? We need to get in here to find out if he's okay."
Spencer gulped and hopped the fence after Ryan, landing with a thud in Brendon's sideyard. They didn't even have to go into the backyard to find an open window. Ryan propped it open and they both fell into the living room, Jon complaining about being jostled around with an annoyed mew.
"Shhh, Jonny you need to be quiet for now." Ryan whispered.
Spencer got up and looked around. The whole house was dark, and he could make out the dim shapes of a coffee table and a large couch. The living room connected right to the kitchen, so that they were practically the same room. Ryan almost knocked down one of the stools by the island, and Spencer leaned in close and said, in a voice just below a whisper, "So what do we do now, what're we looking for?"
"Not sure, I didn't even think we'd make it this far. Why don't you go check out Brendon's room, see if there's any evidence of foul play."
Spencer went stark white, and Ryan chuckled quietly, clapping him on the back, "I'm just kidding, I'm sure he's still alive, just go check his room."
Spencer nodded a little shakenly, and tiptoed up the carpeted stairs. He reached the hallway, and saw that the door to Mr. & Mrs. Urie's room was shut, and there was no light coming from under the door. He sighed in relief and continued down the hallway to Brendon's room.
Spencer cracked opened the door, stepping inside. The room was dimly lit by Brendon's sun and moon nightlight, and the room was in a state of general disarray. Clothes were scattered across the room, the dresser's drawers pulled open and searched through. A great deal of Brendon's clothing was missing.
It looked like someone had packed up to go on a trip, throwing their belongings haphazardly into bags, not caring what they packed. Brendon's bed was messed up, as if the person sleeping in it had been tossing and turning all night. Spencer hesitantly opened the closet door and saw that it was almost completely undisturbed. He looked back out into the room and saw that Brendon'd iPod and laptop were still on his desk.
That was certainly strange. Brendon took his iPod everywhere, he wouldn't just leave it here unless he didn't have a choice. Spencer felt his phone vibrate and pulled it out to see that he had a text from Ryan: found something in downstairs office.
Spencer put his phone back in his pocket and, after a moment of feeling like a creeper, he tucked one of Brendon's thin scarves into his pocket.
He quickly descended the stairs and entered the downstairs office to see Ryan perusing the Internet while Jon played with a paperclip.
"What are you doing?" He hissed, making Ryan jump.
"Looking through their recent web searches."
Spencer crammed himself into the office chair with Ryan and pulled Jon into his lap.
"What did you find?"
Ryan pulled up the computer's history, and there were numerous searches for things like, "how to cure my homosexual child" and a few for: "healing homosexuality camps and programs". Ryan scrolled down the list and the searches got more specific, like "Refuge christian camp" and even worse "registration forms for Refuge christian camp".
"Shit." Spencer breathed.
"That's not even the half of it," Ryan stated darkly, "this camp is in fucking Memphis, Tennessee."
Spencer gulped. That's a long ways away from Vegas.
Before Spencer had time to dwell on the issue, however, they heard footsteps approaching the office. Ryan turned the computer off and motioned frantically for Spencer to hide.
Ryan ducked under the desk and Spencer grabbed Jon, hiding behind the open door. The footsteps continued into the room, and Spencer saw Brendon's father sleepily looking around the room. He stepped inside, sitting down at the desk and reaching down under the desk to turn the computer on. Spencer could see Ryan holding his breath as Brendon's dad's hand came within two inches of his face and pushed the button to power up the computer.
Luckily, Mr. Urie just mumbled and opened a new page, searching for some sleeping pills on Amazon and ordering a bottle.
After his order was placed, he reached under the desk again to turn the computer off. This time, however, his hand brushed right across the top of Ryan's head, through his hair.
Spencer's breath hitched as Mr. Urie leaned down to look under the desk.
Ryan looked terrified as Mr. Urie patted his head and said sleepily, "Good doggy. Stay."
Ryan whimpered unintentionally, and it came out sounding more like a dog's whine, which seemed to placate Brendon's dad, because he switched the computer off and got up, stumbling out of the room.
Spencer and Ryan stood absolutely still until they heard the door of Brendon's parent's bedroom close upstairs. Spencer quickly made his way over to the desk and crouched down to see Ryan still completely frozen.
He grabbed Ryan's shoulder's and shook him gently, with no response. It was only when Jon climbed onto Ryan's shoulder and licked him gently that Ryan blinked and looked up at Spencer with huge eyes.
"That... was close."
Spencer nodded and helped Ryan up, tucking Jon into his shirt carefully. They jogged silently over to the window they had entered from and climbed out of the house, sprinting back home without looking back.
Back in Spencer's room, Ryan busied himself with unbuttoning his shirt and pants, tossing them into his bag before climbing back into bed with a pajama-clad Spencer.
They lied in the darkness, silent for a minute until Ryan spoke.
"That was fucking crazy."
Spencer laughed somewhat hysterically before swatting Ryan's arm and turning over, burying his face in the familiar, strawberry-scented scarf that he took from Brendon's room, hoping that the nightmares would subside until he could figure out what to do now.

--
Did ya like it?
As always, read and review or I'll hit you with a pillow full of bricks.
If you recommend this story to your buddies then I'll come to your house and make you dinner. Bottomless. Bottomless dinner.
Sign up to rate and review this story