Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Five

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 850 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.




It had been a few days since Gaara arrived and Lee had seen him at least once everyday to be taught about Suna. The meeting was drawing closer and would be taking place that night. Lee frowned. ‘What if I’m just not good enough? I am only of the many taijutsu masters… And I’m the only one who can only use taijutsu!’

“Lee.” Gaara frowned looking over at him as they ate lunch with Naruto and Hinata. “It will be fine.” ‘I’ll be demanding there’s no way that she can refuse.’ He never had figured out why it had to be Lee and he had decided that for now it didn’t matter as long as he got his way.

“Gaara’s right.” Naruto smiled patting his shoulder. “There’s no way that hag won’t….” He was interrupted as Hinata elbowed him slightly. “Hinata.” He whined.

“Naruto you know I don’t like it when you refer to Tsunade like that.” Hinata said quietly. She had really changed after getting closer to Naruto, it wasn’t that she wasn’t still soft spoken no it was that she now had the confidence to make herself heard.

Naruto pouted a bit before continuing. “There really is no way that Tsunade will refuse Lee. I mean Gaara wants it to be you and you’re the best at taijutsu!”

“Naruto and Gaara are right.” Hinata said touching Lee’s hand lightly. “Everything will be fine.” She smiled sweetly.

“Your right!” Lee stood doing a ‘nice guy’ pose that didn’t fool any of them about how nervous he was but they all laughed and smiled and told him that was the spirit he needed to succeed. “Yosh!” Lee sat down again and challenged Naruto to see who could eat their ramen faster.

“That was fun.” Hinata smiled as they left Lee and Gaara after leaving the ramen shop where Naruto had just won the eating contest.

“Yeah it was.” Naruto smiled grabbing her hand.

“Your going to miss him.” Hinata squeezed his hand pulling him closer to her side as a child ran by.

“Yeah I will. I don’t think anyone who knows Lee wouldn’t miss him.” He said smiling softly. “He’s so cheerful it’s infectious and he is the Green Beast of Konoha. I know even Sakura will miss him.” He said as they passed the shop that Ino and Choji now ran. “And I know that Kakashi and Iruka will have to deal with Guy Sensei’s tears.” He said as they passed the school where the two teachers were trying to be sneaky and make out while school was not in session.

“But that’s not what I meant Naruto.” Hinata frowned.

“I won’t be lonely as long as you’re here.” Naruto leaned into her a bit kissing her neck before straightening. He sighed as they reached her house where she lived with her cousin. “He won’t be happy. Should we let Lee tell him or should we warn him?”

“That’s a tough call.” Hinata spotted TenTen inside the gate and frowned. “I think he’s training right now so waiting would be best unless we want TenTen to die.”

“Good point.” He sighed and they entered heading towards them to watch their training.

+++

“So Lee how are you feeling?” Shikamaru asked as Lee sat next to him on the couch at Gaara’s lodging. Temari was in the back talking to Gaara about the details.

“I’m not quite sure.” Lee smiled slightly. “I’m a little nervous because I’m not a diplomat.”

“I don’t think that will be a problem.” Shikamaru smiled widely. “Because I’m going to Suna too.”

“You are?” Lee looked up at Shikamaru in surprise.

“Yeah. I went to Tsunade a few days after I heard Temari was coming and I set up an arrangement. Of course I knew about your selection as well though.” Shikamaru looked back towards where Gaara and his girlfriend were talking. “You know me and Temari have been dating for some years now right?” Lee nodded. They had started dating before Gaara had left to be Kazekage. “Well I asked Tsunade if I could marry Temari, she had agreed and we arranged that if she said yes I could go to Suna. I proposed today.” Shikamaru smiled happily. “She said she’d need Gaara’s permission before she said yes so I’m hoping things are going well back there.”

“…” Lee looked at Shikamaru and smiled. “I’m sure Gaara will give her permission!”

“Your right Lee, I did.” Gaara came out from the back followed by a smiling Temari. “We will have to inform Tsunade when we meet with her.”

“Yosh!” Lee made a ‘nice guy’ pose and they headed out the door to meet with the leader of Konoha village.
Sign up to rate and review this story