Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Thirteen

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 2024 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.



“Good morning.” Shikamaru smiled at Lee as he entered the kitchen a bit later than normal though still ridiculously early to civilians. The time read six thirty. “Have any lessons today?”

“Morning.” Lee smiled at the other Konoha nin and began digging out breakfast while thinking about his schedule. “Not until after my personal training.” He answered sitting down at the table noticing that no one else was there. “Has everyone left already?” He wasn’t too surprised that Gaara had left but he knew Temari was a late raiser and he had heard the same of Kankuro.

Shikamaru nodded absently scowling as he took another sip of what Suna called coffee, finding it more sludge. “Don’t worry about Temari.” He finally said placing the cup down deciding it was not worth trying to digest later. “She’s not mad anymore just a little adverse to seeing you until she comes to terms with her secret now being yet another’s hands.”

Lee smiled softly. “I can’t really blame her. After all her image does not lend to such a hobby.” He looked over at the mug his friend was pushing away. “If you don’t like Suna’s coffee why do you keep drinking it?”

“I keep thinking it might get better, that or it will grow on me.” The brunette sighed placing his face in his palm.

“Worried about Kankuro?” Lee inquired finally eating his breakfast.

“Not really. Temari said he won’t kill me, and if he tried she would amend his ways because she loves me so much.” He shook his head thoughtfully. “Personally I think she just likes putting the fear of God into others.”

Lee nodded in agreement and a companionable silence formed. And he found his thoughts drifting to Gaara. More towards the training he would be putting him through and the training they had completed. He could still recall their first lesson. He mentally chuckled to himself as he recalled the way he had to coax the Kazekage to attack him with taijutsu, even though both of them knew Lee was more advanced Gaara had still been afraid to hurt him.

*FLASHBACK*

“Lee.” Gaara was getting angry as he looked over at the Konoha nin not at all happy with what he had just said.

“Gaara you know just as well I that you won’t learn unless you actually attack with intent.” Lee glanced over at the sand gourd that was placed near a training post on Gaara’s end. It was moving slightly but the cork was still in place. He knew that it wouldn’t take much though.

“Lee that is not the point. Why can’t you just train me like the other captains?” Gaara glared at his friend. ‘Doesn’t he realize that there is a reason no one spars with me?’ He thought about the few sparring matches he had with Kankuro and the way the villagers had been watching him fearfully for a month afterwards.

“This is how I train them at first. I have set in place safeties. You aren’t using your sand, I have a medi-nin standing by, Kankuro is watching from his window, and I even had you take your gourd off. I have prepared for this.” Lee countered not wanting to keep arguing and get on with practice. “If you don’t attack first I won’t hesitate to do so.”

Gaara decided that he was serious as Lee took a fighting stance more serious than the loose one he had been holding. ‘Only for you Lee.’ He found himself thinking as he attacked. He wasn’t surprised Lee saw it coming and dodged commenting on how to improve the move. It was soon more comfortable for him as he noted Lee was not at his full potential and would not be harmed. Though he found this to be more of an incentive to improve.

“That was good.” Lee smiled over at the red headed Kazekage as he sat near his gourd their training over.

“You didn’t even have to try very hard.” The Kazekage glared off into the dessert. “Let’s go home.” He said standing not noticing the surprised look on his companions face, but he did see the smile that he received for it.

“Yeah let’s go home.” The Konoha nin smiled and followed him back to their shared residence.

*END FLASHBACK*

“Lee?” Shikamaru sighed when his raven haired companion finally looked at him blushing slightly.

“Sorry I spaced out didn’t I?”

“It’s okay. I just wanted to tell you that I think we’ll be getting our joint missions soon. It’s been three weeks after all.”

Lee nodded. “Your right.”

“Well I have to get to the office.” He stood smiling before leaving Lee to his free day.

+++

“You called for me?” Naruto asked looking up at his former sensei at the request desk where he was working for the day.

“Yeah.” Iruka smiled happily at seeing the boy he almost looked at like a son. “I was wondering if you would like to go for ramen when I’m done with my shift.”

“HELL YES!” Naruto threw his fist in the air. He loved eating ramen, but he especially loved eating ramen with Iruka-sensei. They didn’t have to put words to the type of bond they shared because it didn’t need any and that made Naruto happy.

“Alright then I’ll meet you at the ramen stand in half an hour.” Iruka said smiling as the orange clad ninja smiled so brightly for the first time that week.

“I’ll see you there!” Naruto called leaving to make sure that his stomach was empty by training.

+++

Sakura jumped as a beeper went off from her desk. A beep that she had been waiting months and months for. She quickly alerted another staff member before taking off down the hall towards Sasuke’s room. ‘Sasuke’s awake Sasuke’s awake Sasuke’s awake’ Was the only thing she thought as she approached his room. Opening the door slowly she saw him sitting up and rushed over to him bombarding him with questions.

Shaking his head Sasuke blinked opening his mouth to speak and finding words to be rusty and hoarse in his throat which they couldn’t seem to escape. He had knew he must have been out for quite some time.

Before he could start asking Sakura smiled sadly and started filling in some blanks. “You’re at the hospital you’ve been a coma for six months now. It was because of the breaking of the seal upon Orochimaru’s death.” She was cut off when he found his voice.

“Where’s Lee?” He asked his voice hoarse and his eyes scanning not seeing the hurt look on his former teammate’s face. “I could hear his voice telling me I was needed.” He said as he finally looked at her.

She swallowed back her pain and smiled sadly. “He’s in Suna with Gaara.”

Sasuke gave her an odd look before nodding. “I see.” With that he moved to get out of bed.

“Wait I need to check you over and everything you’ve been out for quite some time.” She pushed him back down looking over the machines and deciding some were not needed anymore and began her work while decidedly ignoring the ripping of her heart.

+++

“Shino have you seen the new puppies?” Kiba asked looking over at his lover while he petted Akamaru. “Your going to be a great Daddy!” He smiled at his dog before going to check on the newly born pups.

“I’ve seen them about twenty times now.” Shino sighed leaning against the counter, business had picked quite a bit recently with people needing something to cheer them up. Still he and Kiba missed Lee’s random visits that would send the animals a chatter and demand his attention drawing in all sorts of children to watch. It had been rather amusing. “Do you think the village will demand him back?”

“What?” Kiba shot him a confused look.

“Lee.”

“Oh…” Kiba stood scratching the back of his neck looking out the window at the busy streets that just didn’t seem quite as cheerful without a random streak of green and orange every once in a while. “I don’t know I mean everyone misses him but isn’t it up to the Hokage?”

“I hear she’s gotten a lot of complaints.” Shino looked over at him and frowned. “But I suppose until then people will keep buying pets.” It wasn’t that he was unhappy they were busy, it was the fact that some of the owners had not liked having a pet and returned them. It was outrageous the number of people who didn’t know anything about having a pet.

+++

“Ino…” Choji looked at his wife as she returned from yet another doctor’s appointment a look of despair upon her face. He quickly took her into his arms. “I guess that’s a no.” He sighed and kissed her forehead.

“I want a baby.” Ino cried into his shoulder the flowers around them loosing their colors to her tears.

“I know sweetie.” Choji looked out the shop window seeing a multitude of women who were pregnant and cursed the fact that there was nothing he could do. Lee’s smile had given her hope but without it she seemed to believe nothing could help. “We got a letter from Shikamaru today.” He told her hoping it would help instead she sobbed harder so he held her tighter. He prayed Shikamaru, who was aware of the situation was working towards a cure.

+++

“Neji you can’t be serious!” TenTen fumed. “You didn’t actually put in a request did you? I can’t believe you would be that stupid!” She raged. “You can not go after him like some love sick puppy! Your not the only one who misses him you know!” She went on tears forming in her eyes. “We all miss him!”


“I know that TenTen.” Neji said coldly not looking her in the face. “I want to bring him back. Konoha needs him.”

Meanwhile Hinata was listening and thinking about what she could do to help TenTen.

+++

Gai-sensei was with his new rookies and was thinking of his favorite pupil and the letter he had just received when he began sobbing.

“Not again Sensei!” The youngest shouted at him before comforting him. “It’s okay Sensei you have us too!”

Gai smiled and pushed down his pain making a nice guy pose. “YOSH! Your right! Your youth will become the foundation of the village!” He went on and on pushing down his thoughts all the while. ‘I miss you Lee.’

+++

As Lee sat down to lunch with Gaara he smiled softly at him handing him the cookies he had made in his spare time. “I figured since Temari is punishing us I might as well pacify your sweet tooth.”

Gaara smiled happily. “I can’t deny that I like sweets.” Most of the lunch was spent quietly chatting about a few of the moves Lee was going to teach him that night. Once that was amply discussed Gaara frowned. “I have a mission coming up soon.”

Lee faltered in his chewing before swallowing and looking up at Gaara. “What’s the mission?’

Gaara ignored him and went on. “I was wondering if you would accompany me? It’s a routine mission of exterminating some rather nasty bugs in the dessert.”

Lee smiled widely flattered that Gaara would even think to ask him to join him. “YES!” He stood giving him a nice guy pose.

“I’ll file the paperwork right away and I’ll let you know when it will be.” Gaara smiled softly not even thinking about the gossip this could spur.
Sign up to rate and review this story