Categories > Movies > Shrek > Screaming In Her Head

Who Am I?

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Where her feet have led her so far...

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-07-19 - Updated: 2011-07-19 - 393 words - Complete

0Unrated
Oh God.
I'm laying on the ground in front of the park pond.
It's so cold. I'm lost...again. I haven't payed attention to where I've been going. Now I don't have any idea where I am. I can't even protect myself. There's no one here to-wait.
I sit up and look into the pond.
I...I am an ogress.
I look up, and stand. "I'm an ogress! I don't need anyone to protect me. I can protect myself."
I hear rustling from tress behind me. I quickly turned around.
"Who's there?" I asked. Someone slowly came out from behind the left tree. It was...an ogre. A boy, around my age, maybe older. "Who are you?"
"No. The question is: Do you know who you are?" he asked me.
Well, of course I know who I am. I'm not that stupid. "Duh, I know who I am. I am my own person."
"Oh? Who are you, then?"
He asked me as if I didn't know who I was. "I-I'm Audrey. My name is Audrey."
He chuckled, "No, you're not. Not right now, anyways. What a shame. What a waste. You don't even know your own name. She chose the wrong person." He turned around and started off back into the trees that led into another forest.
Wait. He said "she". What did he mean by "she"? Who is she? No, no no no no. I refuse to let him get away.
I run toward the trees and jump into the branches lower to the ground and slowly -and quietly- make my way up to the midway high branches. I traveled through the trees until I was above him.
Now I can watch him walking.
Where is he walking to? I've never seen anyone go this way. Or even in this forest, so I'm recalling. Now I feel like a stalker. Following him into an unknown location.
He is...what is he doing? He's looking around. Okay! Thank God, he didn't look up here. Okay. He's walking, he's walking...he disappeared...he disappeared?!? Where in the hell did he go??
I jump down and walk to where he disappeared. I reached my hand out and my hand disappeared. I pulled it back.
I-I think I need a night to sleep all of this over. To decide if all of this is even real.
Sign up to rate and review this story