Categories > Movies > Shrek > Screaming In Her Head

I Can't See Her In You

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Audrey walks into their world...

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-05-17 - Updated: 2013-04-02 - 1169 words - Complete

0Unrated
Or maybe...maybe I should go and see just where he disappeared to.
I look into the space where I suppose an invisible door is. I lift up my foot and step forward. My eyes widened.
"Oh my God...." is as much as I could get from my mouth.
"Fiona!! She's here!!" someone yelled.
"Who's here?" someone else asked, then they called for this 'Fiona'.
I began to slowly turn and look around me, as if to see who they were talking about. Suddenly, I hear, "Out of my way!! I have to see for myself!" I guess this was the 'Fiona' they were calling. Her voice was weird. Demanding but not dictating. Sweet but not gushy. Soft but not cooing. Gentle, but not...peaceful. I've heard her voice before.
"Where is she??"
She had pushed through the crowd and was now only a few feet away from me. Who was she? Why does it feel like she is so important? I really wish I had the answers.
My heart began to race. Beating faster and faster. Then...everyone gasped.
"Oh my gosh! Are you okay? Are you okay??" Fiona rushed over to me. I felt something wet in between my legs. Then, I began to feel pain. Pain I have never in my life felt before. I crouched down, hugged my knees, and began to scream and cry...

Audrey....Audrey....? Audrey... Audrey?
Felicia? Felicia, is that you?
Audrey.....
Felicia...don't go...
"Audrey?" I felt a small touch on my arm. "Audrey? Can you hear me?"
I started to open my eyes. "What?"
"Audrey? How do you feel, honey?"
"What?" I opened my eyes all the way. "Where am I?!" I sat up quick and looked all around me, around the room.
"Audrey! Don't sit up so quickly! You're in the...um, I guess you can call it the hospital room."
It was Fiona. "What? Why? What happened?" My head began to throb vigorously. I looked at the back of my hand and saw a small ray of light. I looked to my left...there was a window. I reached my right hand over and grabbed the top of the cover, "You..." I whispered. I yanked the covers off of me and jumped out of the bed. I pointed at the window, "You!" My feet began to storm towards the half-open window, "You did this to me!!" I screamed and I didn't even feel myself screaming or walking at all.
"Audrey?!" I heard Fiona, and wanted to stop walking, but I...couldn't. I couldn't stop my legs -my feet- from moving forward. But I could feel the vibrations in the floor, and I could feel that Fiona got up from her chair, she was coming after me, it just...didn't feel like she was coming fast enough.
"You did this to me!! It was you Felicia!! You did this to me!!!" I couldn't stop screaming. My throat began to hurt and ache, but I couldn't stop. I grabbed the curtain, then I could no longer hear Fiona. I pull the curtain from the window and throw it behind me. Grab the sill, stood up in the window, still screaming, still pointing...
I jumped. Then, I wasn't screaming, words, I was just screaming. It felt like I was never going to hit the floor.
!! Someone caught me. When I opened my eyes, I was looking at the floor with my hands on my head, and someone was under me.
"Well..." that someone pushed to say, "what are you? Like 120?" Everyone had started to crowd around the two of us and began talking. Rapidly, everything got quiet and the crowd started to make way for someone.
I quickly and carefully pushed myself off of the person and balanced myself on the ground as I stood up. I opened my eyes and realized it was already night, I looked down at the ground and I saw a shadow that was surely too big to be mine. I slowly turn around and paused myself. I picked my head up and saw yet another ogre, but there was something different about this one. It seemed like he was well respected by the others. "Shrek!" I turned around and looked at Fiona.
"Who?" I asked her. She seemed to be looking at the ogre who I looked up at.
I turned back to look at him, "I'm guessing that must be you?" But he just stared down at me. "Um... Well, sir, you look down on me as if I don't belong."
There was a short slience between the two of us. "Because you do not belong here." he whispered to me. He pointed to the person standing behind me, "Is this the one who hurt you?"
No! He didn't hurt me, he saved me. I stayed quiet for a second or two. Then I finally spoke, "Yes. He is."

Later that night...
I sat on the right of Fiona, who sat on the right of Shrek. And on his left, sat the ogre I met by the pond before I came here. We were sitting about to watch an execution. "Bring him out!" Shrek shouted.
I gasped. It was the one who broke my fall! No! They can't execute him. I felt Shrek look at me but I just looked down at my hands.
The crowd was quiet as they all watched as he was led out to the kneeling stand. It was quiet... Too quiet...
"No!!" I quickly stood up.
"Felicia!" Fiona grabbed my wrist. "Sit down, now!"
"No!! You can't execute him!" I looked at Shrek and him only. "He didn't hurt me. He didn't do anything wrong. He saved me, that's the only thing he did... Let him go." I demanded.
But he just frowned at me.
Shrek narrowed his eyes at me. Then he turned his head back around and looked at the executioner and told him, "You heard the princess... Let him go. Now."
The princess?
"But-but, sir-" started the masked man.
"Now!" Shrek stood up and the boy was let go. Everyone gasped when Shrek rose up. He looked at me again, then he looked to his left at the boy who was sitting beside him, "You were wrong, Farcle. I have never been so disappointed in you, out of everything you have ever done... this has been the worst." He looked back at me for a second, then looked back to the boy, "You get rid of this girl. And you go and find my daughter. You had better find her, Farcle... Or so help me, I will banish you. And you will never be able to come back. And you will be turned into a human, and you will never again be an ogre."
"But I'm your son!"
"Not without my daughter, you're not." He paused, then spoke, "Fiona, I want to be left alone for the rest of the night." Then he walked away. Leaving everyone to wonder and whisper about what had just happened.
Sign up to rate and review this story