Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I'll See You Five Minutes Ago

Chapter 4

by LePanicFan 0 reviews

A very nice awakening and strawberry jam on the floor.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-07-23 - Updated: 2011-07-23 - 2358 words - Complete

0Unrated
‘Betsy, wake up!’ A voice in my ear cried. I backed away towards the wall I knew was behind me, and fell out of bed with a thud.

‘Oww...’ I groaned, eyes still glued shut ‘Who moved my bed?’ Finally the memories filed in and I got flashes like photos in my head. Me and my best friend Emily sneaking into class late, getting caught, detention, grounded at Nana and Dada’s, last night! That actually happened? And that means...
My eyes snapped open to see Brendon’s gorgeous face just inches away from my own. I tried crawling backwards, but couldn’t.

‘Brendon. What the Hell are you doing?’ He was practically lying on top of me, his knees either side of my hips and his hands in the spaces between my head and shoulders. I was pinned helplessly under a very fit boy, and couldn’t do a thing about it.

‘Um...’ He looked down at me, and even in this position I thought God he’s adorable.

‘Waking you up?’

‘Yes. Well I’m woken up thanks, you can get off now.’ Before you kiss him and ruin everything. Or worse a voice in my head taunts. Shut up. I tell it. ‘Not that it wasn’t a lovely image to wake up to, but my arms are hurting.’ I lied.

‘Seriously though, how long have you been up?’ he’s fully dressed with sparkling eyes, shiny dark hair and soft looking skin. I have to resist the urge to touch it.

He’s wearing the blue converses from yesterday a pair of black skinnies that hug his legs just right and a purple t-shirt emblazoned by ‘The Beatles’ over a picture of all four Liverpudlians grinning from a yellow cartoon submarine. The t-shirt is tight but not too tight, accentuating his chest. Oh. My. Gawd, someone hold me back. I thought. Brendon was doing the job quite well though, as he hadn’t moved throughout the whole exchange.

‘Since about three o’clock. I always wake up with the sunrise.’ He explains. I peep at the curtains over his arm.

‘The sun’s not up yet, Brendon. And what time is it?’ I poke him in the middle of the chest and he eases backwards, sitting on his heels so I can slide back and sit up too, mirroring him.

‘No silly, the curtains are closed!’ I get up and drag open the curtains, raising an eyebrow at him when the room stays dark.

‘Well?’ I turn accusing eyes on him, acting like I’m mad. But how could I be mad at Brendon Urie? How?!

‘Oh.’ That seemed to stump him, and he sounded confused. ‘Maybe I got up earlier today.’ He grinned sheepishly and my resolve crumbled. I crossed the room again to where he was sitting cross-legged now and looked into his eyes, deadpanning.

‘Brendon. If you answer this question wrongly, I will be forced to kill you. Got that?’
He nodded even more confusion evident in his perfect features.

‘What time is it Brendon?’

‘Ehh, four o’clock?’ He squeaked and I grinned.

‘You are far too adorable for your own good. You know that right?’

‘Oookay.’ Brendon stood up. ‘You need to get dressed.’

‘No.’

‘No?’

‘No. I’m going back to bed. If you haven’t noticed, it’s four o’clock. What are going to do?’ I climbed back into the bed and stuck my tongue out at him. Brendon looked innocent, too innocent. ‘Bren?’

‘OK, sure you go back to sleep. Don’t mind what I’m doing.’ He gave me a weird blank smile, like his brain had been pulled out his ears.

‘Riiight.’ I snuggled down in the covers till only the top of my head showed, and turned over.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, in that half-awake bit where you’re awake but not aware, he pounced, and I was flat out on my stomach with an elbow awkwardly forced into my side.

‘Betsy, I’m not getting off till you promise to get up and do stuff with me.’ Bren said, his voice muffled by the duvet over my head. I started having a mini panic attack, as I couldn’t breathe properly.

‘Bren! Cannae... breathe!’ I cried, gasping out each word.

‘What was that? For some reason I can’t hear you!’ He asked, squirming around on top of me. I could practically see the evil grin on his face.

‘Brendon Boyd Urie, get off me NOW!’ I launched myself backwards, the human equivalent of a bucking horse.

‘Fine, I’ll get off.’ He wheezed from the floor.

‘Damn you Urie.’ I said playfully, rubbing my ribs. ‘I can’t sleep now, can I? But what am I supposed to wear?’ I gestured at the dirty clothes laid out so carefully on the floor by me last night.

‘Oh.’ Brendon had yet another adorable look on his face, and then it disappeared as his face lit up. ‘What size jeans are you? American size, I mean.’

‘I don’t know. Why- Oh! You wear girl’s jeans don’t you?’ Another cuteness!


[A/N: her face is literally like this --> ^.^]


‘Yep! Finally my apple-bottom has a use.’ Brendon grinned, leading me to his room. OMG I’m going to see his room! I squealed inwardly, fighting the urge to jump in the air and whoop.

I peered round the doorframe, drinking in the smell of strawberries and... Something else that
I knew, but couldn’t quite identify. The walls were blue, dark but not midnight, and they contrasted nicely with the white curtains. The walls were plastered with Beatles posters, but here and there were other bands’ posters too, though none that I recognised. There was a light, honey-coloured wood wardrobe in the corner, opposite a white desk covered in stuff and I smiled then frowned as I realized it was almost exactly the same as my room back home. There was a stabbing pain in my chest as I thought of home, but I pushed it away and tried to focus on Brendon’s talking. His bed was a narrow single, with a sky-blue and green patchwork cover and matching pillowcase, I noticed. Cute. Brendon crossed the room to the wardrobe and threw back the door like a magician, grinning like a maniac.

‘Take your pick, me lovie.’ He says, putting on an accent that I assume is supposed to be British.

‘Oooh.’ I breathe, struck by the sheer amount of clothes stuffed into that small space.

‘Bren,’ I giggle ‘you’re such a girl. Why do you have so many pink t-shirts?’

‘What? I like the feel, and the only colour available was pink!’ he said defensively.

‘Fine. Whatever.’ I snort. ‘Ooh! What about this...’ I pick a hot pink tee and a dark blue pair of skinnies with a neon blue belt. Holding them awkwardly in front of my body, I turn to look in the full-length mirror, stopping for a second to let Brendon see.

‘Ehh. What about this belt instead?’ he holds out a nylon-looking thing with hot pink embroidery along the middle.

‘Thanks.’ I smiled at him, and we had a warm fuzzy moment I’d never felt before, not even with Emily! And I’d know Em since, well, now I realized. We’d gone to the same playgroup at two years old, and been solid friends ever since.

Suddenly Brendon snapped out of whatever daze he’d been in and started blushing an insanely cute shade of pink. ‘Um. You need, uh. You need underpants.’

I smiled I’ve been smiling a lot more than ever with Bren. I realized.

‘Don’t worry. Icanhasboxers?’ I ask, remnants of one of my favourite websites colouring my language.

‘Uh, yeah. Sure.’ Still blushing he digs out a plain black pair from one of the drawers under his bed that I hadn’t noticed before. He presented them to me with an air of embarrassment and
I decided to mess with his head a little, wrinkling my nose like they were dirty. I’m evil I thought as he panicked, thinking they were dirty and hurriedly trying to take them back.
I laughed, shoving them in his face and he choked before realizing they were clean.

‘Ahh noo! Ew, Betsy!’ Brendon staggered around the room clutching at his throat like he was suffocating, while I was suffocating in the corner, from laughter. Then his staggering morphed into a weird dance while singing ‘Stinky pants, stinky pants!’ in that beautiful voice.
I managed to force out ‘Dance, monkey, dance!’ before collapsing and laughing hysterically on the floor. Why is this so funny? I wondered hazily, not caring that much. Brendon started making chimp noises and crouched over me, picking through my long brown hair, pretending to eat stuff from it.

‘Eww Bren!’ I cried, shrinking into the corner as I realized how nasty my hair was. ‘Duude, point me to a shower.’ I slurred, acting drunk.

‘Hehehe, can I join you?’ Brendon asks lecherously, right in my ear.

‘What? No! No. Just, where’s the shower Brendon?’ I ask with a racing heart. Had he meant that? Or was it just part of the fun? Either way I didn’t, couldn’t, wouldn’t accept that offer. Nooo don’t give me those pictures! I groaned at my imagination. I’d seen Brendon naked, or almost, before of course. He’d stripped at the Summerfest in 2011, and who could refuse watching that? Over and over... from different camera angles... But I’m not obsessed. At all. And totally not the type of girl who would do anything like that with someone she’d never met before. Even if that someone happened to be a future-GOD-like entity.

I prayed there was a lock on the bathroom door, though for whose sake I wasn’t completely sure.

----------------------------------
20 minutes later
----------------------------------

I arrived downstairs, wet hair, fresh clothes and smelling of strawberry shampoo. The jeans fit well, though quite long in the leg. But seeing as Brendon was taller than me that was to be expected. I found the boy in question bouncing around the small family room, which was sparsely decorated in black and white like the rest of the rooms I’d seen. The only colour was blood on yet another Jesus-on-the-cross picture over the small TV in the corner.

‘So what d’you want to do?’ He asked, bouncing on the spot.

‘Right, first off we need to find food, or I’ll die of starvation-Whoa!’ At my words Brendon’s eyes had gone wide and he grabbed my arm, dragging me into the kitchen. I perched on a seat watching bemusedly as he whizzed around the kitchen clattering bowls, cereal boxes, jam pots and bread into the small black toaster. Finally he stopped, only to shove a piece of toast into my face and watch in concern as I coughed, startled.

‘Go on, eat!’ He urged and I took a bite, savouring the pleasant mix of strawberry jam, butter and crisp warm bread.

‘What’s up Bren?’ I asked as he was studying my face. ‘This is delicious, by the way.’ I added, taking another bite.

‘I’m checking to see if you’re out of the death-zone yet.’ He explained, but I was still in the dark.

‘Huh?’ I queried intelligently through another huge bite. I swallowed and tried again.

‘In the front room you said you were going to die of starvation, and I don’t want you to die!’ Brendon exclaimed, eyes wide like a five-year-olds.

I chuckled, then hugged him tight, surprising us both. After a moment he hugged back, and I inhaled that unique smell.

‘You really thought I was gonna die?’ I asked, and he nodded into my shoulder. I pulled away, looking into his eyes from arm’s length. ‘Thanks.’ I smiled, and you would be totally mistaken to think there were tears in my eyes. I have hay fever, alright? ‘Aw dammit!’ I looked with dismay at the broken jam pot on the floor that my elbow had knocked off the table. We cleared up the jam, though a mark remained that looked awfully like a bloodstain on the floor. I decided not to mention that thought, as Brendon was already back to his normal self and I didn’t want to kill the mood.

‘So what do you wanna do now?’ he asked as we disentangled, suddenly bouncy again. ‘Ooh ooh ooh! Can we go to the park? Can we can we pleeeease?’ His eyes were begging like a puppy for a treat, and I wanted so much to just reach out and pet his head.

‘Well it sure beats hanging around here. Hey! I’m sounding American already!’ I laughed.

‘Um, no. You’re not.’

‘Oh.’ I pouted ‘Put a note out to tell your Mum and Dad where we are just in case, will you?’ I wandered back into the family room, switched off the TV and looked around for a clock. The one on the mantelpiece said 5:17 and I sighed inwardly, thinking longingly of the comfy bed upstairs. How is this early even possible? I wondered vaguely, glancing into the kitchen to see Brendon come bouncing out again with a dark-blue coat over his arm. Just seeing him made a smile tug at the corners of my lips. ‘I’ve put a note on the fridge, can we goo noooow?’

‘C’mon.’ I gave in to the smile threatening. ‘By the way, was that note stuck on with blu-tack or a magnet?’

‘Blu-tack.’ He replied, giving me a funny look. ‘Why?’

‘Oh, no reason. Just a thing about Mormons and magnets.’ I chuckled, heading out the door.

[A/N: OK I'm soo sorry you've been waiting four days I swear I tried to upload this last night but my retarded dial-up (!!) wouldn't connect. BTW peoples, there's gonna be fighting in the next chap so you delicate souls might want to skip that (pahahahaha I crack myself up sometimes :D)]
Sign up to rate and review this story