Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Is It Hard Understanding I'm Incomplete?

I'm Taking Back The Life You Stole

by sushiipodrocks 2 reviews

"You’re supposed to be able to depend on your family, trust them, and expect them to do the same.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-26 - Updated: 2011-07-26 - 3037 words - Complete

1Exciting

Again guys I'm really sorry for the lateness of this chapter. It was supposed to be posted last week but then my Mom decided to take us camping - again. Thank you all for reviewing, please enjoy :)

Aiysha Xoxo





Frank's POV

The sound of the gunshot was still ringing in my ears as Isaw Gerard bend down, his arms clasped tightly around his stomach.

"Gerard! No, no!" I ran towards him, ignoring the shouts from the others, forgetting the small fact that my uncle was still in possession of the gun. "Gerard, oh God Gerard."

I couldn't see much blood, although Gerard was still in the bent-double position, not even showing his face. I looked to my uncle, a small smirk playing on his face. He was focused on Gerard, probably waiting for him to collapse from lack of blood.

Then Gerard spoke.

"You know," He said looking up. "You really need to work on your aim."

He stood up, lifting his shirt with him. A tiny wound was visible on the side of his abdomen where the bullet had grazed past him. Gerard smirked.

"Why don't you try again? Right here!"

"Gerard? What are you doing?" I screamed.

He was pointing to the left side of his chest, above where his heart lay beating fast.

"Well, if you insist," My uncle smirked. I stared at him wide-eyed, as he lifted the pistol up, pointing it directly at Gerard. "But I'd much rather kill him." The course of the gun turned to me.

My breath got caught in the back of my throat for asplit-second, until he pulled the trigger.



Yet instead of an ear-splitting explosion, a tiny click was heard.

"Next time you set out to kill someone, you'd better make sure you have enough bullets." Gerard smirked.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Since when was Gerard an expert on guns?

"Now, if you ever try to kill my boyfriend again, I will kill you." Gerard spat. He ran at my uncle and pinned him to the wall, his hand around his neck. "Now I'm going to take my boyfriend, my brother and my two best friends, and I'm going to walk out of that door - and you're not going to stop me. Got it?"

My uncle nodded painfully, gasping for breath. Gerard's hand slowly released as he moved away from him.

He turned to me.

"Come on Frank, it's over. Let's go home."

I nodded, taking Gerard's hand.

"Let's go guys, it's time to get out of this Hell-hole." I said, turning to face the others.

Mikey and Ray walked over to where Gerard and I stood, carrying an injured Bob between them.

"Boss?" One of the bodyguards asked. "Are you seriously just going to let them go? After all this trouble?"



All eyes were now on my Uncle, who was sitting against the wall with his hand still clutching the side of his face where Gerard's punch hit.



He was crying.



"Just let them fucking go! And you get out too, both of you, now!" He screamed, more tears flooding from his eyes. The two men walked past us glaring, muttering curses under their breaths. "I fucking give up!"

I felt a sudden twinge of guilt as Gerard pulled me away.

"Hold on a second." I whispered. He let go of my hand, looking into my eyes, confused. "Just trust me on this, okay?"



I didn’t wait for an answer, but instead walked over to where my uncle sat. He looked so hurt and naïve, crying in to his knees that he had brought up to his face. I crouched down in front of him.

“What the fuck do you want?” He spat, looking up.

“I-I just-” Truthfully, I didn’t quite know what was running through my head, not five minutes ago did this an try to kill me, yet I was sat in front of him in an attempt to comfort him?

“You’re still family.” I said finally.

“Family? There’s no meaning to that word anymore.” He said, almost sad.

“Not to you maybe, but to others? Family is what gets some people through life each day, knowing their loved ones are safe and happy. You’re supposed to be able to depend on your family, trust them, and expect them to do the same.” I looked over to Mikey and Gerard. They were living proof that families where supposed to stick together. “But you destroyed this family. You destroyed it. Not just for me, but for yourself.”

I glanced to my Father’s body lying lifelessly on the floor.
“He loved you, you know.” I said. “And I think you loved him too.”

“Loved me? Loved me! He ruined my whole life; made it hell! Who would look at me next to the perfect, first-born? Not my parents that’s for sure. Nor the school teachers, they always expected me to be as smart as my older brother, and always compared me to him. Not even Linda could love me more.” A new tear escaped him eye. “I loved her. He took everything I ever had away from me. I should have been the one with the beautiful wife and child, me! Not him!”

“So you ruined all he had, everything he’s worked for, because you were jealous?” I asked disbelievingly. “He loved you so fucking much! So much that he named his only son Frank Anthony Iero after you, because he was so devastated when you went missing!” I yelled.

My uncle stayed silent. His head turned towards the wall, as not to look at me.

“He used to tell me these stories from when you were younger.” I continued. “My favourite one was when you were eight and he was ten. You went on holiday, stayed in a nice hotel with its own beach. You were fascinated by the sea and insisted that my Father should swim with you. Yet even though he knew he wasn’t a strong swimmer, he didn’t want to disappoint his little brother, so he went with you, didn’t he? But a wave swept you both too far out, neither of you could touch the sea-bed – you started to panic, flailing around, swallowing a lot of sea water. Your parents couldn’t see you though, no one could. Yet somehow you both survived. Because my Father managed to grab hold of you and swam with you back to shore. No one knew how he managed it, yet he still pretty much-”

“Saved my life? Yeah, I remember that day, and then to tank him, I brought him his favourite ice cream, mint chocolate chip, with the money I’d saved to buy presents.” He laughed.

“I’ve always had a fear of swimming since that happened. I won’t even swim in a pool anymore. That day, your Father let me sleep in his bed because I kept having nightmares of huge sharks eating me.”

“Please.” I whispered. “Phone an ambulance. My fried over there is seriously injured. And my Dad, they need to move his body – it can’t stay here, not in this place. You at least owe him that.”

After a small, awkward silence, my uncle finally spoke.

“There’s a phone-box about a mile down the road, you could use that.” He whispered. I nodded, muttering a small thank you, before walking back to Gerard and the others.

~

I stepped out the warehouse, deeply inhaling the freshness of the air. It had seemed like a lifetime since I had been outside, hearing the trees blowing in the wind, the sounds of birds chirping – things I thought I’d never miss.

“Um guys?” Ray said. “Bob’s not doing too well, and there’s no way we’re going to be able to carry him for a mile.”

“A-Are you calling me fat?” Bob laughed weakly.

“Okay Ray, why don’t you and Mikey wait outside here, Frank and I will go and call the ambulance and-”

“But we don’t have a clue where we are.” Mikey stated.
I looked around, and sure enough the area was unrecognisable.

“They’ll be able to track the calls though won’t they? I mean, that’s how the police find half of the criminals they’re after.” Ray said.
We all looked at him.

“What?” He shrugged. “So I like to watch a bit of ‘Police, Camera, Action’ and what?”

“Okay.” Mikey laughed. “It’s settled then, we’ll wait here. But please, I know the two of you haven’t been together for a few days, but this isn’t the time for a quickie in the bush, so please try and contain your sexual frustrations.”
I blushed a deep shade of red, whilst Ray burst out laughing and Bob giggled. Gerard smirked and hit Mikey playfully over the head.

“We’ll be back in a bit.” He said, taking my hand.

~

We’d been walking down the dusty, dirt road for about five minutes now; the road itself was completely deserted, hidden with over grown trees.
Neither of us quite knew what to say, there were brief moments of awkward small talk, followed by even more awkward silences.
Gerard suddenly stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face me.

“Gerard? What’s wro-”

But my question was cut off by his lips pressing to mine. My heart exploded with the same feeling I felt back in the warehouse where we shared our last embrace, it seemed like so long ago yet it was only a few hours previously.
His tongue ran along my lips longing for entrance, which I was soon to allow. Everything around us started to melt as we lost ourselves in our own little world. Gerard deepened the kiss, one hand entwined in my hair, pulling my face closer. His other hand slowly made it’s was down my back, caressing it lovingly, eventually making its way down to my ass. I giggled into kiss at him actions.
Both my hands were tangled in Gerard’s messy red locks, twirling little strands through my fingers. I couldn’t help but notice the dirt and grease in his hair though. My other senses suddenly became apparent, the stench emitting from bout our bodies due to days without showers, mixed with the vile taste inside Gerard’s mouth from days without toothpaste, both bringing me spiralling back down into reality. I pulled away, guilt bubbling in my stomach as I thought of Bob, he’d helped us through so much these past few days and now it was my turn to help, and what was I doing? Making out with his best friend, that’s what.
Gerard looked at me pouting.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Gerard, we need to find this pay phone, we have to get back to Bob and the others, we shouldn’t have wasted our time doing that.”

Gerard looked hurt at my words.

“Sorry,” I muttered. “I didn’t mean for that to come out so, so harsh.”
Gerard nodded.

“No, you’re right, Bob risked his life for us, we need to be quick.”

“I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy it though.” I smirked as we carried on walking. “Despite your breath, you could really use a mint or something.” I laughed.

“Likewise.” Gerard grinned.

The silence dawned on us once again.
“So…” Gerard began, his grin fading.
I raised my eyebrow at him, knowing something was eating him up inside.

“So?” I asked.

“I was just, just wondering what was going to happen after, you know,” He took a deep breath.

“You are going to press charges aren’t you?”

“…Y-oh” Was I going to press charges? I mean he would be locked up for murder anyway, but then I suppose he did kidnap s, didn’t he? Any normal person would want him to rot in jail, yet I couldn’t get the image of his remorse-filled face out of my head.

“Frank?”

“Yes.” I said finally. “Yes, he killed both my parent, he almost killed you and the others. He tortured you all, and me. Yes.”

Gerard nodded.

“Anyway, this’ll all be over soon, and then we can carry on with our lives, just forget about these past few weeks.” I said.

We walked around the last corner, the telephone box coming in to view.

“Do you want me to do it?” Gerard asked as we reached the pay phone.
I shook my head.

“No it’s okay, I need to- wait, we don’t have any money! How are we supposed to call? How could
I be so stupid? We don’t have any mo-”

“Frank, calm down. You don’t need money. Emergency numbers are free, remember?”

“Oh.” I muttered, embarrassed about my outburst.

“Are you sure you can do this?” Gerard asked.
I inhaled deeply.

“Yes.”

~

We finally arrived back at the warehouse, outside were parked two ambulances and a police car.

“Are you Frank Iero?” An officer asked as we reached them.
I nodded.

“First of all I’m terribly sorry about your loss, but I need you to identify the two bodies before the can be taken away.”

“Two bodies? No, it’s only my Dad who was killed.” I said.

“Well I’m afraid two fatalities occurred today.” The officer stated.

“No, no not Bob, it wasn’t Bob was it?” Tears stung my eyes as Gerard held me tightly in his arms.

“No.” The officer said. “Mr Bryar is quite alright, the doctors say he’ll make a full recovery.”
He gestured over to one of the ambulance. The doors were open revealing a stretcher with our blonde haired friend sitting chatting happily to the nurses.

“Well then who else… died?” I whispered confused.

The police officer took off his hat.

“When we arrived, your friends were waiting outside, the paramedics saw to them instantly whilst
my colleagues and I inspected the warehouse. We found your Father’s body on the floor, but there was another body – your Uncle I believe, he hanged himself.”
I stood speechless, not really knowing what to say, do or think.

“Do you think you’ll be able to identify the bodies now?” The police officer asked.

I nodded following him inside the warehouse.
It didn’t look like the same room in which I’d spent the past few days. Lights were propped up, illuminating every inch it. Areas of the floor were covered in police tape where forensics sat swabbing what looked like dried blood.

“This way.” The officer said, leading me to where the two stretchers lay.

“Okay, could you clarify that this is the body of forty-five year old Franklin Iero Senior?” He lifted the white sheet from over the face of my father. He looked somewhat peaceful; innocent almost.

I nodded, more tears falling from my eyes.

“Yes, that’s him.” I whispered. His face was covered back up as one of the paramedics took him
out to the ambulance.

“And this is thought to be the body of forty-three year old Anthony Francis Iero, could you also please confirm that.”

Again the sheet was lifted, and sure enough underneath lay my dead uncle. He has tears stains strewn down his emotionless face. The red marks around his neck stressed the area where rope once held. I couldn’t help picturing myself lying in this same position, but with Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob all around my bed, crying. Because this would have been me had my curiosity not got the better of me.
I nodded yet again informing the officer with the information they were longing to hear.

“Thank you.” He said, taking us all back outside. “You all need to go to the hospital and get yourselves check out.” The police officer said as we reached the ambulance in which Bob lay.

“I’ve been informed that you, Mr Iero, were not scheduled to leave until tomorrow and will therefore most likely have to stay overnight.”

With that he walked away, leaving us to clamber into the ambulance beside Bob’s stretcher.

“Bob,” I began, looking over his injuries. “I’m so sorry, I can’t thank you enough. If it wasn’t for you I don’t know where-”

“Dude!” Bob said. “Don’t make me cry in front of the nurses!”

Everyone laughed.

“No but seriously Bob, thank you.”

Bob smiled. “No problem, what’re friends for.”

“I’m really sorry that you all had to endure that, none of you deserved to be put through that torture.”

“Frank, if you seriously think this is your fault…” Mikey began.

“No Mikey, it is my fault, what would have happened if Bob wasn’t so lucky? I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself knowing I was to blame.”

“Mikey’s right Frank. This was not your fault. No matter how many times you want to say it.” Ray said firmly.

“Yeah, but, it is-”

Gerard pecked me on my lips.

“No Frank.” He said.

“Is that your new way of telling me to shut up?” I asked, raising and eyebrow.

“Yup.” Gerard said popping the ‘p.’

“Urgh guys, get a room.” Mikey said.

“Mikey, what’s the first thing you’re going to do when you see Alicia again?” Gerard asked.

Mikey mumbled something under his breath.

“Sorry Mikey, what was that? I didn’t quite catch it.”
Mikey blushed.

“I said I’ll hug and kiss her and won’t let go until I know we’ll never be apart again.” He said quietly.

I smiled at Mikey’s sweetness.

“Well that’s exactly what I fell about Frank.” Gerard said smiling. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder bringing him closer to me.

“I love you Frank, I’ll always be here too protect you.”

“I love you too Gerard. I always will.”

I’m afraid there will only be one chapter left after this – unless my brain suddenly comes up with some new plot, which I highly doubt. Thanks for reading, please R&R Xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story