Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Peace Be With You

Peace Be With You

by chem_x 3 reviews

Playing at a church was honestly the stupidest thing 30 Seconds to Mars have ever done. Anna is a young nun and Jared hates being woken up at 7 a.m.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2010-12-12 - Updated: 2010-12-12 - 2370 words

1Funny
Rate and Review, 12/12/10 ^.^

The scene was morning fresh; the air was cold but not freezing. Jared saw his breath in the air and rubbed his hands together trying to regain feeling in his fingertips. He had decided against wearing glammed up costumes for this once off show- and he promised it would only be once off. He was called to Saint Sebastian’s church as a favour to a childhood friend who was now the parish priest. Fr. Smith was worried about the dwindling mass goers and asked Jared and the band to help round up some lay people. Jared had wanted to say no but he had been a push over that one day.
Tomo rubbed his eyes and his rose, sniffing in he felt a cold coming on and the mucus catching in his throat, “Jared, why so early?” He moaned, half chuckling, half crying inside.
Jared blinked wide eyed at the dull tiled floor and yawned, shaking his head and trying to get out of his state of tiredness. He breathed into his hands and huffed out a sigh, “This wasn’t a great idea.” He moaned, blaming himself for not making up an excuse, he was the most religious person you’d have ever known.
“Ah! Good morning!” Smith greeted warmly with his hands extended either side of him to make the trio feel more welcome.
Shannon walked up and shook the man’s hand, smiling humbly but he wasn’t awake enough to speak yet, he felt groggy and cold. He felt like he was being forced to go back to school on the coldest day of the year.
“When will we be performing?” Tomo asked, he seemed windswept and wide eyed compared to the other two that stood idly on the church alter with leads and wires surrounding their feet.
“You’ll be performing during communion.” Smith said cheerily, fixing a crease on his robe. He wore a full white robe with a spiralling design across the chest covered in leaves and golden vines.
Jared tried not to roll his eyes, it was too early to roll in a crowd; no one should have been up at eight in the morning on a Sunday. “Many coming?” He asked; no emotion traced in his voice.
The priest crossed his arms and bit into his bottom lip, looking away for a moment at the crucifix on top of the alter, “It’ll be the regulars at least.” He replied bluntly.
Jared nodded and returned to sleep mode, dragging his feet across the red carpet and twiddling with leads and testing his amp.
“Would anyone like a warm drink of tea?” A quite voice calm from behind the alter, a petite woman in a nun’s robe walked out with a teapot and four cups, two red with polka dots and the others a calm blue.
Jared blinked twice at her; she was pale and had plump cheeks. He couldn’t tell what colour her hair was beneath her hood but he wanted to find out.
“Yes please sister.” Smith said, setting the golden chalice neatly on top of the white marble alter.
She bowed slightly and scurried up, pouring a cup of tea calmly beside him, she was about a foot smaller than the priest and she wore silver rosary beads around her neck. “Yes please.” Jared smiled, pushing his guitar around his body so he could walk up without hitting anyone.
The woman smiled and poured out another cup and reached it towards him. He brushed off her hands as he took it off her, feeling how warm her skin was, he was jealous that she could stay in the warmth while he had to stay out in the breezy church. “Will you be performing this morning?” The woman smiled, Jared looked up from his cup and nodded, staring into her calm green eyes.
He nodded quietly and licked his lips behind the cup, they felt dry and crisp. “I’m Jared Leto, pleased to meet you.” He breathed, holding out one of his hands towards her. He wasn’t used to introducing himself; usually people knew who he was without a word of introduction.
She took his hand and shook it lightly; she could feel his rough fingertips against her skin and pulled her hand back from him, her pale cheeks changing a shade, “I’m Sister Anna Kingston, nice to meet you.” She smiled, holding the teapot close to her and walking around him towards Tomo and Shannon, quietly offering them tea.
Jared glanced back at her for a moment, seeing her smile politely at his brother and best friend. His first thought was that she would be a nice girl to have around, his second a wake up nudge; she was a nun! You don’t think those things about nuns, especially one that’s a member of your friend’s parish.
Smith crept up behind Jared and raised an eyebrow, his eyes narrowed as he glanced between Anna and Jared. He looked like he was about to laugh and say no to his friend but he was a man of manners, that would be rude. He knew that Jared wouldn’t go near a nun, no matter how beautiful she was.

The band stood on the red carpet once more, Tomo felt sorry for the people that had to kneel on the cold tiles beyond the steps for communion, it must have been freezing. The heating in the whole building was useless and the attendees all wore hats and scarves. Shannon waited keenly for his queue, knowing that he’d warm up when he could play but time was moving so slowly. The gospel seemed like it was forever ago.
Jared sat bored and subtly looking at Anna, she was praying in the front opposing pew, she looked peaceful and like an ideal nun- besides the fact that Jared didn’t think of her as a nun.
“And now, we welcome our friends here to play a song.” Father Smith announced from the pulpit, a low wave of cheers hit the wall; small word of the band playing at the church had gotten out.
Jared took the microphone in his left hand for a moment, smiling and nodding at the crowd, “We are 30 Seconds to Mars and this song is called Kings and Queens.” He grinned, feeling Shannon attack the drums for the intro.
It was warmer now, he blasted into the first verse; picking at his guitar strings and feeling his body yearn to run around for the song. He winked down at Anna as she watched with a wide eyed smile, his stomach flipped when she blushed at him, pushing him into the long notes of the song with a huge grin. He could hear Tomo strutting his guitar skills and Shannon’s enthusiasm filled the church. He listened as the fans that had showed filled in the silent moments of song with harmonious whoa’s and oh’s. He closed his eyes and bowed down to applauds and cheers, ushering Tomo and Shannon by his side, the three waved and nodded before venturing behind the alter beaming.
“That was great!” Jared grinned, taking his guitar off over his head and setting it down against a wall.
Shannon nodded happily and brushed his shoulder, “Well seems they’ve been converted.” He laughed, tapping his drumsticks off his thigh when he sat down. They all lounged about and made remarks about the mass, their jackets on the floor to give them a chance to cool down after the heat rush.
“I think it’s over now.” Tomo smirked, peering around the archway and spotting the people galloping out, some shaking Father Smith’s hand and thanking him.

Anna was the first to come into the room; she was smiling happily at them “You were excellent.” She grinned, taking their hugs and thank you’s. She praised them all, to Jared’s joy, until Father Smith waltzed around the corner, wiping his hands with a silky white handkerchief. “That was very, very well done.” He smiled, nodding and leaving the room. The other’s raised their eyebrows at his haste exit. After a while a few fans had crept backstage to chat with the band and praise them. Jared took it as an advantage to steal Anna away without the other’s noticing, they were surrounded by a small group and they were happy like that.
“Sister, I’ve always wondered where the communion is made.” Jared asked, making casually mass related conversation.
“It gets made in convents around the continent.” She smiled with her hands down by her side and looked at the floor, “Would you like me to show you around the building? It’s fascinating.” She asked kindly.
Jared did a mental backflip and nodded casually at her, “That would be great.”

After ten minutes, Jared had to admit he was bored; the history of the building wasn’t as exciting as she had made it sound. “Oh, well let’s go back then.” She smiled, Jared thought quickly, moving quicker, he had his hands around her waist and was feeling her soft lips against his. He didn’t think it would go as well as it was going, she hadn’t pushed him away, in fact she looked like she was into it as much as he was.
She slid her hands up his chest and pushed him away lightly, looking at the floor, “I’m sorry.” She whispered.
He rubbed his index finger across the length of her jawbone and shook his head, “It was my fault; I should be the one sorry.” He replied, meaning exactly that, he should have been sorry but he wasn’t at all.
She fixed her robe and stood up straight, he saw her licking her lips and her cheeks turn pink, “We should go back.” She pressed, walking passed him and back towards the others.
Jared sighed and tilted his head back, tasting her on his lips, he wandered around the room he was in and decided he couldn’t put up with seeing her after that, it was only eleven o’clock and the band was having dinner with Smith. He prayed that Anna would decide against going. He ran his hand through his slick brown hair and scratched his stubbly chin, he walked towards the other door that he hadn’t yet been in and opened it. He groaned and saw it was the way to the confession booth. Jared sat in it and sighed, no one would be looking for him anyways so he could sit in and relax for just a moment, just for an hour, just for a nap…

Jared jolted awake and rubbed his eyes at the sound of a door shutting on the other side of the booth, “Bless my father for I have sinned…” She began, Jared was instantly in full attention, unsure of what to do he just went with it, “Eh, what would you like to confess?” He babbled, trying to peer to the grid in the middle of the booth without actually opening it.
“Father, I’ve been having trouble with my vows.” Anna said quietly, Jared was desperate to see her expressions as she spoke.
“Would you like to elaborate?” he said awkwardly, closing one eye to peer through a hole on the grid.
“Father, I’ve been thinking inappropriate thoughts this morning.” She said, sounding like a guilty child. “I’ve wanted to give into lust but I know I shouldn't break my vows.” She sighed, her silhouette dropping as she cupped her chin in her hands.
Jared gulped, putting one hand into his jean pocket and blinking widely, his bulge was awakening more than he wanted. “God forgives you.” He breathed, “Say five Hail Mary’s and an Our Father.” He guessed, hoping she would leave quickly.
“Thank you Father.” She said, exiting the booth quickly.
Jared glanced down at his lower half and groaned, banging his head off the wood on the back of the booth. Shannon and Tomo would have taken the piss out of him if they saw what a nun made him like. He felt weak and vulnerable in his state, he had to unzip his zip and take care of the situation. “Bless me Father for I have sinned…” Another voice began- a male voice that he didn’t recognise. Jared cursed under his breath and went along with it all over again, keeping his hand quietly in his trousers. “…Thank you Father.”
“God bless.” He moaned, sorting himself out quickly and hoping that no one else needed to confess anything, he couldn’t handle all this confessing and secrets. He was as uncomfortable as he could get without any help from a lusty young nun.

He walked out to where the others were lazy around, Shannon narrowed his eyes at Jared, and tried not to laugh at his brother, he ushered him over with a flick of his finger. Jared could feel Tomo trying not to laugh at him; he knew he had left something wrong. “Spare jeans in the back.” Shannon whispered, laughing silently with Tomo.
Jared cringed and looked down at his trousers, his fly was battered and unzipped; it looked like it had been in a car crash and barely survived. He rushed towards a suitcase in the back and ripped out another pair of jeans. “Fucking tight jeans…” He groaned, looking around him and hearing a snigger from Tomo.
He returned with the tight jeans on, feeling like a complete ass in front of everyone. “These are a bit tight.” He hissed at Shannon, who laughed in reply, “Shouldn’t have been touring with Anna.” He laughed, hitting his hand off the table side.
Jared sat on a couch next to his brother, to suffer the consequences of waking up early.
“It’ll be fun seeing her at dinner tonight then?” Tomo laughed, “She won’t be in her church gear.” He winked and continued to laugh.
“This will be great.” Jared moaned, covering his eyes with his palm and wishing it was all over.
Sign up to rate and review this story