Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Peace Be With You

And Also With You

by chem_x 2 reviews

Dinner time with our favourite band and our strangest parish ministers Fr. Smith and Anna. One chapter Left.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-07-26 - Updated: 2011-07-26 - 1353 words

1Funny
“I want to go home.” Jared moaned, they had been waiting for the past ten minutes for Smith and Anna to arrive at the restaurant, it had caused Jared's nerves to go increasingly overboard.
“Oh don't be so grumpy Mr. I-can't-help-myself-around-a-nun.” Tomo cooed beside him.
They sat at a round table, it was decorated with a cream cloth and pink roses in the centre on it. The three of them sat next to each other, Jared groaned over the possibility of Anna sitting next to him.
“Good evening gents.” Father Smith said casually, waltzing in with a paddy cap sitting awkwardly on his head and his shirt half-tucked into his plaid trousers.
“Good evening Father.” Shannon replied, Smith shook his head and laughed, “Without the collar I'm just good old James.” He grinned, ushering a waiter over. “A whiskey please.” He said boldly.
The three band-mates all raised an eyebrow, Tomo caught Jared's eye in the middle of the silence, “When will Anna be here?” Tomo asked casually, sipping some of his glass of water, trying to hide a smirk.
“Ah, she'll be here in a moment,” Smith said, “pampering herself she is. Women.” He grunted.
Shannon kicked his brother under the table, nudging his head towards the door. Jared's stomach plummeted within him.
Shyly Anna shuffled around the corner, she was dressed modestly, a simple purple dress that showed her shape and nothing more, it reached under her knees and emphasized her shortness, her low heels adding to that. “Sorry I'm late.” She whispered, bringing her hand nervously to her face, “I was stuck in traffic.” She said, looking unsure as she sat down- to Jared's dismay- next to him.
“You look lovely.” Jared stammered, blushing heavily.
Shannon tried to contain his laughter, cringing for his brother, “Yes, you do Anna, a very nice dress.” He said, taking some shame away from Jared out of pure brotherly love.
Tomo nodded in agreement, he had to admit she did look decent, though he proudly felt that he was the most attractive at the table, he had gotten new aftershave and it went straight to his head.
Jared stared awkwardly at Anna, watching her every movement like a stalker and a creep, he liked how she moved, her movements were awkward and fidgety.
The waiter dragged himself over to their table, “What would you all like to order?” He asked in dull monotone.
By the time it got to Anna's turn Jared had moved right beside, his seat almost connected to hers to Shannon's embarrassment. “Could I have steak with mushrooms, well done please.” She said, looking at Jared from the corner of her eye. “With an orange juice vodka.” She gulped, she could feel a trickle of sweat drip down her back having Jared so close to her.
“Oh a vodka.” Smith said harshly, “Getting a little carried away Anna?”
She looked down at her lap, blonde ringlets dropping over her face, “Excuse me.” She said, standing up.
Jared didn't know what happened his limbs, he felt the whoosh of jumping up and stood cluelessly beside her, she blinked at him, chewing her lip. “Would you like anything Jared?” She asked quietly.
He realized how stupid he looked, Tomo was almost banging his head off the table with humour, “May I have a word with you?” Jared blurted out, his cheeks burning.
“Em, of course.” She said, uncertain if it was a good idea.
“He isn't going to try get with her is he?” Jared heard Smith asking rather loudly as they walked away.
“Em, Anna,” Jared swallowed, he felt his fingers trembling to touch her skin again. “You do look very great tonight.”
“Thank you Jared.” She whispered, her cheeks look as red as blood in he low lighting.
“I would very much like to bring you for dinner on our own.” He said, feeling the words spill out of his mouth.
“Jared I'm a nun...” She said quietly.
He nodded and stared at the floor, “I don't really care...” He admitted, hearing a giggle from her.
“I feel the same way.” She sighed, her smile lighting up the room. “But I can't Jared, it would be too complicated.”
He nodded and stepped towards her gently, “But you would say yes if you weren't a nun?” He quizzed, no longer talking with his mind.
She pulled an embarrassed face, leaning towards his ear, “I would have opted for more than dinner.” She whispered before quickly turning and shuffling towards the toilets.

Jared ventured blankly back to the table, “So... How'd it go...?” Shannon winked.
“We seem to have the same viewpoint on the situation.” He said thoughtfully, Smith raised his eyebrow at him, holding his drink firmly in one hand.
“What was this situation?” He asked suspiciously.
“The debate of how early masses are potentially deathly for the health.” Jared teased, leaning back into his seat.
Smith grimaced at him, rolling his eyes dryly and jugging back his drink.
“You know, Jared's dated an Anna before, in high school.” Tomo said, recalling the situation.
“Yeah I remember, how did that go again?”
Jared shuffled in his seat, “Well she was a nice girl but she got convicted over attempted manslaughter and sent off.” He said, watching Smith's expression changing into a devious smile. “Why isn't that funny.” He chuckled.
“What?” Shannon asked, tilting his head in puzzlement.
“Oh nothing.” Smith continued, “My sister had a similar relationship once, well details may vary.”
Jared shrugged, feeling Anna standing behind him, “What have I missed?” She asked Smith with a glare in her eyes.
“Remember that time you got shipped to the convent?” Smith said, watching the remainders of his whiskeys swish around a glass.
“I-” She blushed to the band's surprise.
"You didn't have a choice?" Tomo asked, his mind twisted with confusion.
She shook her head and turned sharply, "Thank you for that James." She hissed.

Jared stared at his cutlery, was it possible that the woman he was chasing was Crazy Anna that he had dated. He recalled her getting arrested over trying to strangle the English teacher in his school, he didn't see the connection, "Excuse me." He bleated, pushing in his chair.
Shannon nodded and stood up with his brother, "I'll come too."
"And me." Suggested Tomo quickly, not wanting to be stuck with Smith. Jared just nodded in reply, the three of them escaping quickly, leaving Smith to tend to the bill and to vast in the glory of a full wine bottle.

"Anna!" Jared shouted down the street.
"Didn't she say she drove?" Tomo said, scratching his chin.
"Shit yeah, call Jerry and ask him for her number." Jared replied, Jerry was the band's friend from the near state. He worked in computers and was amazing at xbox.
After a moment of hums and haas, they gained the address and parted ways- Jared catching the bus to her area and the others going to collect their things at the church.

The doorbell chimed at the dark house, all the lights were off and the curtains pulled. "Jared?" Anna squeaked from behind him, holding her keys in her hand. Her eyes had eyeliner smudged around them. "I'm sorry... about everything." She whispered.
"Are you the same girl that I was with in high-school?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.
She chewed into her lip and nodded awkwardly, he smirked at her, his whole body loosened. "What happened?" He asked, smiling gently.
"He... He wanted to expel you and I freaked." She blushed.
He blinked his eyes wide, "Seriously?"
She nodded, "Can I just go in now...?" She asked.
He blinked and stepped out of her way, "So it's my fault? That you had to leave me?" He sighed, "God I missed you so much Anna..."
Anna walked towards him and put her hand on his face, "I missed you so much." She said, "I mean I really really missed you! When I saw you- I always saw you... But I..."
Jared grinned and cupped her chin in his hands, "Shut up." He laughed, kissing her happily on the porch.
Sign up to rate and review this story