Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Invincible; unrivaled (kiss #16)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-06-03 - Updated: 2006-06-04 - 616 words

0Unrated
Invincible; unrivaled (kiss #16)

By kira

Author's note: more LJ kisses based on "Moonlight" featuring Izayoi and Inutaisho.



It was said that Inutaisho's love for Izayoi-hime was unrivaled. Not even his love for his wife came close enough to touch it. And it was to be his undoing...

He stood there, feeling invincible, as he faced off against the dragon, Ryukotsusei. The dog general was there to avenge the affront to Izayoi's honor and he was outraged at the casual way the dragon had used his mate and then took her life as if it were of no real importance to anyone. The attack on his wife was secondary at best. No, it was the rape of his beloved human concubine who was his mate that got his ire up. And that was how he found himself at the base of the mountain, staring up at the huge monstrosity that was Ryukotsusei.

The two of them glared at each other, sizing the other up as they prepared to attack. Suddenly the fight broke out as Ryukotsusei made the first move. With a deafening roar, he spat out a ball of pure energy at the dog general who neatly leapt out of they way, drawing his sword as he did so.

"Kaze no Kizu!!" Inutaisho roared as he brought the Tetsusaiga down, releasing the energy of the attack. It streaked towards the dragon, who simply absorbed it as if it were nothing. He laughed and attacked the dog with another pulse of energy. The battle went on and on, neither side giving any quarter. Inutaisho was becoming desperate as even the "Bakuryuuha" failed to do any damage to the monstrous dragon.

Inutaisho faltered, trying desperately to call upon his last reserves of strength, when Ryukotsusei lunged at him. He slashed the dog general's side, opening a huge wound. As he felt his life force ebbing away, Inutaisho called upon the gods and the spirits of his ancestors. Hearing his plea, they gave him the strength to transform into his giant dog form. Feeling the power they lent him coursing through his veins, Inutaisho somehow managed to lunge and pin the dragon to the side of the mountain, losing a claw as he sealed him to it.

Inutaisho fell to his knees and looked up at the dragon. He rested for several long minutes, as he tried to heal his body. However, the wounds he bore were too great, and dredging up the last ounce of his strength, he headed for home and the waiting arms of his women, or more specifically the arms of his beloved mate, Izayoi. He ran homewards, as if her life depended on it rather than his. Soon the outline of his palace came into view and he knew it would not be long before he saw his beloved for the last time. And so he hurried home, bleeding his life-force away with every step, and growing so weak from lack of blood that he could not maintain his dog form any longer. It was as a bloody and battered man that he stumbled home.

Inutaisho found her sitting in the far garden, crying. Izayoi looked up at the sound of his footsteps, and hurried over to him in time to catch him as he fell. They gently sank to the ground as she covered his face in tiny kisses, praying to the gods to spare his life, but it was no use. Mustering up the last bit of his strength, Inutaisho gently held his beloved's face in his hands, and wiped away her tears. They smiled at each other, before he brought her face close enough to kiss her goodbye one last time...
Sign up to rate and review this story