Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Alphadog and OMEGLEomaniac

Alphadog and OMEGLEomaniac

by SarahSTARRR 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-05-16 - Updated: 2011-05-16 - 1968 words

1Original
I sat and glared at the little blinking cursor on the page. Why the fuck didn’t I start this earlier I groaned before chewing the end of my pen and re-reading over my notes.

My name is Evan Redford. I’m 23. I worked my ass off all through school and graduated early, got into a good college, worked my ass off and now I’m one week away from graduating with a masters in sound engineering.

And now I’m here, with that stupid fucking cursor blinking at me like a lil bitch. I had to write a speech for the graduation ceremony.

Fuck it. I’ll wing it on the day.

“Omegle it is” I grinned opening up my browser. What could a conversation hurt?

I didn’t know just how much.

Stranger: Hey, asl?

You: 23/f/NY you?

Stranger: 26/m/anywhere =]

You: anywhere is a very general description don’t you think?

Stranger: It’s the best I can give for my location. Okay, originally Chicago but I’m in Manchester, England at the moment.

You: That’s a big move!! You studying over there?

Stranger: No, I travel a lot with work. What do you do?

You: Right now, I’m writing a speech for my college graduation. What kind of work are you in?

It kept saying that he was typing and then it would stop. There was no reply from him for ten minutes. I sighed and went back to my speech. He seemed almost normal.

Twenty minutes later the task bar flashed as his reply came. “Took his time” I huffed as I clicked on the box.

Stranger: Its top secret. I can’t tell you =P What you graduating from in college?

You: It took you 20 minutes to come up with that?! Geesus well I just finished my masters in Sound Engineering. Big up to me lol

Stranger: Sound Engineering?! Wow, that’s cool. Don’t see many girls doing that!

You: Maybe I’m actually a big hairy 40 year old man

Stranger: Your not are you?!

You: No, unfortunately I’m not. I’m all woman haa haa. I’m Megan by the way.

Well it was my middle name so technically I wasn’t lying.

Stranger: I’m Vaughn. So, what work you trying to avoid?

You: Speech for the graduation. I really don’t give a shit about it. I just want that piece of paper and then I’m gone!!

Stranger: You not gonna hang out and party after?

You: Eh, no. I’m not the partying type and besides, my whole class is about ten years older than me and 98.7% male. I don’t really want to be hit on by ANY of them =]

Stranger: 98.7%?

You: I’m not very sure if the only other “girl” in my class is really a 100% female. I swear if I met her down a dark alley I’d be convinced she were a man for reals. She looks like Shrek and that’s being harsh on Shrek… =D

Stranger: LMAO that’s harsh but entirely hilarious. You want help writing your speech?

You: Nah, I’m just gonna wing it on the day…

Stranger: So… you into music? Well you must be if you’re a sound engineer… stupid question! What kinda music are you into?

You: Ah, I listen to anything really, bitta old school 80’s, the popular stuff, rock, metal. You name it it’s probably on my iPod in some way.

Stranger: Old School 80’s you say! What kinda 80’s you into?

You: Arg! Embarrassing but whatever, I love Jefferson Starship, ELO, KC and the Sunshine Band, Spandau Ballet, The Police, Queen. Ridiculous shit like that.

Stranger: Those are some top quality bands! I like the re-introduction ELO and Queen are getting with the kids today with big brands like Cadbury using they’re music in ad campaigns.

You: That’s deep man haa haa so what music are you into?

Stranger: Prince, I fuckin love Prince, I love everything with a good hook though.

You: Prince… dude, that’s so gay haa haa we can’t be friends no more lol

Stranger: The man is a living legend!! You can’t diss the Prince!!

You: I’m just not into him!! I never got what the whole AHHHH OMG was about him to be honest! But each to they’re own.

Stranger: I don’t think we can be friends anymore

You: Shall we agree to disagree?

Stranger: I guess so =]

You: Good =] ah shit, it’s like 5am we’ve been talking for hours!!

Stranger: You’re easy to talk to =] well shall we sign off?

You: I guess but only if we talk again tomorrow you got BBM? =]

Stranger: I do, my s/n is Muffin-top. Deal, till tomorrow doll face

You: Muffin-top?! For realz?! Haa haa haa well mines ShowPony =] Go listen to some Prince =] Laterz

I signed out quickly and climbed into my bed after shutting down everything and changing my clothes. This could be interesting, I thought to myself. My phone buzzed on the dresser.

Muffin-top: Megan?

ShowPony: It is I!! Are you making sure I didn’t give you a dud screen name? ^_^

Muffin-top: You got me. I had to be sure!! Well g’night again!

ShowPony: Night muffin-top =P

I smiled to myself as I settled down to sleep.

The next morning I was woken up by a ridiculous buzzing close to my face the next morning. With bleary eyes I reached out and grabbed my cell.

“Hello” I muttered groggily into the mic

“Is this Miss Evan Redford?” and official voice asked

I sat up in the bed, fully awake now.

“Yes, it is”

“My name is Mike Leeson, I’m the head of sound here at Island Records and I was given your name by one of your professors. How would you like to come in for an interview later today”

“Oh, wow. Thanks for calling Mr Leeson, I would very much love to come in for an interview. Eh… what time?”

“Perfect, I can send a car to pick you up in an hour if you want?”

A FUCKING CAR?!

“That would be perfect Mr Leeson”

“Please, call me Mike. I’ll see you in an hour Miss Redford”

And with that he disconnected. I held the phone to my ear for a few seconds as it sunk in. I had an interview with one of America’s biggest record companies! People aspired for years to sign with them and they call ME fresh out of college to come for an interview. They looked for ME. My mind was spinning. Professor Fletcher said he had contacts in high places but I didn’t realise how high. I squealed and kicked my legs up over my head as I fell back on the bed.

Island Records, holy shit. This was big. I headed for my closet and pulled out my suit jacket, white shirt and pencil skirt. I jumped in the shower and started my routine for the biggest opportunity of my life so far.

An hour later I was seated in the back of the black Bentley that pulled up to my front door on the dot of 10am. The driver pulled up to the offices and hurried around to my door to open it for me.

“Mr Leeson’s office is on the top floor and he requested you go straight in” The driver said politely as he closed the door behind him. I thanked him and entered the building through the massive revolving door. My heels clicked loudly on the shiny marble floors as I made my way to the elevators directly ahead of me.

As they pinged open on the 22nd floor I was greeted by a smiling receptionist sitting at a polished mahogany desk directly across from the elevator doors.

“How may I help you?”

“Eh… my name is Evan Redford. I spo-”

“Ah Miss Redford, Mr Leeson is expecting you please head straight through” she gestured down a hallway to my left.

I knocked cautiously on the door and I was called in. Mr Leeson was on the phone but he gestured to me to sit a chair in front of his desk. I perched myself awkwardly on the edge of the seat as I waited for him to finish his call. My eyes travelled around the room doing a quick inventory of all the gold records and photos of Mike Leeson with famous people.

“So, Miss Redford, I’m Mike Leeson” he said offering his hand across the table to me

“Evan” I smiled politely back at him

“Well Evan, I’ve had a look over your resume and it’s quite impressive. Your first show configuration done at 17 with no training, a minor in photography, a couple of productions under your belt and all before you’ve even finished college.”

“I’ve always liked to keep busy and keep up with my interests and music is one of my main interests”

“I can tell” he muttered picking up what I assumed to be my resume from the table in front of him. “Fletcher recommended you to me but he never said just how good you were.” I could feel my cheeks flush the more he talked. I wasn’t used to this level of praise from anyone. Not even my parents.
“We’d like to offer you a contract here with us at Island” He smiled pushing a stack of papers across the desk to me.

“You what?! Are you serious?” I spluttered sliding the papers from the desk and flicking through them “But this is a managerial position on what looks like a big tour. I don’t have the skills for this”

“I think you can handle it. And you’ll have the best team under you and I’ll always be at the end of a phone if you need help. It’s just a six month contract to begin with but I think you’ll be with us for the long haul. Its just protocol to offer the short-term contract first”

“I’m absolutely speechless. Oh my god, this is huge Mr Lees- Mike. What’s the project if you don’t mind me asking”

“It’s a legitimate question Evan. You’ll be managing the sound for five or six bands depending on what’s needed. You’ll be the head sound manager for one band though. You’ll just be a secondary for the others”

“When do I start?” I grinned.

“That’s just what I wanted to hear. You’ll be head of the Fall Out Boy sound. We’ll fly you to Chicago for the first date to meet the band and your crew and from then you’ll travel with the crew on your private bus. Your salary is outlined in the contract. If you want to take it home and have your attorney look over it that’s okay.”

I couldn’t focus on what Mike was saying. I was looking at just how much my salary was per month and I seem to have lost the power of speech. $9,200 a month. Ho-ly SHIT, that was like $2,300 a week! I could have my student loans paid off in 9 weeks and still have a ridiculous amount of spending money.

“Do you have a pen?” I smiled at him. He smiled back as he handed me a pen across the desk. I signed and dated the contract and slid it back across the desk. “so, when do I start?”

“A car will pick you up the minute you get off the stage with your diploma. Welcome to the team Miss. Redford. Your going to be very happy with us.”
Sign up to rate and review this story