Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Alphadog and OMEGLEomaniac

Chapter 2

by SarahSTARRR 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-07-28 - Updated: 2011-07-28 - 2660 words

2Original
“Today we are giants. Tomorrow doesn’t exist. We write our own futures. This has been the hardest few years some of us has ever gone through but we’re only at the beginning now. We made it guys. We’re the ones that suck with it and proved that we can survive in this when so many more have failed and dropped out. Our lives start now. And mine starts when I get in the back of that car and head to Chicago to work for Island. So guys and girl, congratulations! We are the class of 2010 and we will be great!”

Cheers erupted and hats rained down. Professor Fletcher handed me my masters and hugged me tight. I smiled up at him and thanked him for his help through the years before racing from the stage and into the back of the waiting car.

My phone buzzed in my little clutch.

Muffin-top: How did it go?

ShowPony: OMG amazing =] they loved my speech. Thanks for your help.

Muffin-Top: Anytime =D So where you off to now?

ShowPony: Its top secret… I can’t tell you =P

Muffin-Top: Oh ho ho, touché! Well I gotta head off again, I got a meeting later. Just thought I’d find out how you got on. Ttyl

I grinned as I slipped my phone back in my bag. We’d been chatting everyday for the past two weeks and I really liked him. He was funny and smart and got all my stupid jokes. He was perfect. He could be a mutant at this stage and I wouldn’t care less. I think I was falling for him.

Chicago

“Get off the mother-fucking PHONE Patrick. Head in the game dude” Pete snapped.

“Jesus, alright sorry. I had to find out how Meg got on.” Patrick blushed.

“Your still talking to the college girl?! Have you even told her who you are yet?!”

“She just got her masters for your information and no, I haven’t. I don’t want her freaking out. I think I like her”

“Jesus Christ you’re a sap Patrick. You’ve never even met the girl and your talking shit like this now? Get your head out of your ass. We got a meeting in a few hours.” Pete replied patting him on the shoulder before leaving the room.

“Why must you always be such a cunt Pete” Patrick muttered as he got up to follow his friend from the room.

Evan

The plane tyres hitting the tarmac jerked me out of my daze. I began to gather my stuff that was scattered around my first class seat. I let the rush of people carry me from the plane and through the terminal. They seemed to know where they were going. It was safer to stick with them.

There was a driver waiting for me with a little sign with my name on it as I exited the baggage claim. He took me to the venue were my assistant was waiting.

“Evan Redford?” the six foot five guy asked as I stepped out of the car.

“The one and only” I grinned

“I’m Robin, I’ll be your assistant manager on the Fall Out boy tour. Jesus Christ your fuckin small” He laughed offering his hand.

“I’m Five foot three and a half. And that half makes all the difference. So what’s the story?” I smiled back, shaking his hand.

“I gotta bring you in, show you around, introduce your crew, the band blah blah blah. Ryan will drop your bags off on your bus for you” he added, nodding to the driver. “You won’t meet the band until later. We gotta get started on the setup. You done many shows?”

“I’ve done a few but nothing on this scale. I’m pretty sure I can handle it though” I rubbed my hands together as I finally got a look at my space. “How long until show time?”

“About 6 hours. Eh… sorry if this seems rude but just how old are you?”

“I’m 23 and before you say anything more, I won’t take any shit just because of my age. I’ve worked hard for this and I’m not gonna start slacking off now”

“The guys won’t like this”

“I’m sorry, but if they don’t like it then they can find other jobs. I won’t tolerate any shit just because of my age or the fact that I’m a woman”

Robin held his hands up to me palms forward.

“I got nothing against you darlin’ I was just saying is all. I’m sure they won’t give you shit but they’re gonna try.”

“I say bring it bitches. Now, where are they?”

“In the back. C’mon”

“Who’s the honey?” one shouted from the back of the room.

“New roadie eh Rob? You givin her the tour?” another winked from beside me. I could see Robin shaking his head from the corner of my eye.

“What’s your name?” I asked jerking my chin towards the one who winked.

“Who’s askin’ baby?” he leered.

“Your new motherfuckin’ manager is asking dollface.” The guys face blanched and he jerked backwards from me.

“Shit, I’m so sorr-”

“Save it for someone that gives a shit kay? Next person to give me shit like that, or who harasses other staff like that will be on the next flight back to wherever the fuck you came from is that clear?” Ten men nodded back at me with terrified looks on they’re faces.
“Now, I am your new manager Evan Redford, I don’t take any shit, I expect things to be done when I ask for them to be done. I’m not a hard-ass all the time I just don’t appreciate being harassed like that. I’ll be the fairest boss I can be but any fuck-ups on my time and there will be consequences.” I could see it on they’re faces, they respected me. I wouldn’t get anymore shit from these guys. “Names and roles, go.”

“I’m Aaron and I do fold-back” winky guy replied.

“Quinn, fold-back also with Mark and Eddie” The shouty guy from the back and the two next to him.

“Aidan, I do live sound with Ian and Robert”

“I’m Lee and I do lights with Daniel

“And you and I are systems” Robin said from beside me

“Right, now that that’s clear can we get the ball rolling on what we gotta do. Take lunch now for the hour and then we gotta go hard and get this done okay?”

“Yes miss” Quinn called from the back.

“No shit Quinn” I laughed “An ‘aiite will suffice!”

“’Aiite” they all chanted back.

“Much better” grinned as I left with Robin in tow.

“I wasn’t too much of a cunt was I?” I turned and asked him when we were far enough down the hall.

“They needed it to be honest. You showed ‘em you got balls and your not afraid to use ‘em nugget” He laughed patting me on my head.

“No short jokes” I scowled up at him before giggling

“That shit don’t fly with me! You gotta have a pet name and now your nugget so deal!” he laughed hugging me to his side.

“Only if I can call you Lurch” I poked my tongue out at him.

“Deal, now let me introduce you to the Front of house”

Patrick

We got to the venue two hours before the show and there was a mass of work going on in the main hall and I made my way in to see what was going on.
I had never in my life seen the sound crew working so hard or fast so early before a show. They were nearly done set up and they doors were still closed for three and a half hours. This was unheard of. I made my way to the stage where a lot of the noise seemed to be coming from.

There was a tiny girl stood centre stage giving out orders to the crew up on the rigging. Her hair shone bright purple in the glare of the lights and was cut into a blunt bob that ended just below her chin giving her a stern look. A head-set was in one ear and she had a phone to the other as she checked things off on a note book. I knew women were good at multi-tasking but this one was ridiculous.

“Who the hell are you?” a light voice snapped at me. I was confused for a moment before I realised it was her talking to me. Her voice didn’t match her look at all. It was too girly.

“Me?” I answered dumbly.

“Duh, of course you. What are you doing in my venue right now?”

“I’m with the band” I bristled, something about her just made me hate her instantly. “Who are you?”

“I’m your sound manager and I need a clear floor until my men are done working. Now if you’ll excuse us some of us have real work to finish” A chorus of ‘oooh’s’ sounded from the crew as I stormed backstage and into the dressing room.

“That new sound manager is a complete fucking bitch” I huffed slamming our dressing room door behind me.

“I know right?!” Pete said excitedly from across the room. “She’s fuckin hoooooot”

“Are you serious?! I just got my ass handed to me”

“I know! We could all hear. She’s a live one” he laughed. “I think I’m in love.”

“Cut the shit Pete. Who is she?”

“We’ve got a meeting with her and Robin in about 45 seconds”

Sure enough, right on time the door opened behind me and the tiny girl stepped in the room followed by Robin. Pete just opened his mouth to pass a smart ass Pete comment when Robin shook his head fiercely.

She sat up on one of the vanity tables and pulled her legs up under her.

“Alright guys. I’m Evan and I’m your new sound manager. Any one have any questions?”

“When did they let you out of pre-school?”

“Mr. Wentz I’m assuming?” Pete nodded while grinning like a fool. Robins head was in his hands. “Well Mr. Wentz, I heard you were a cunt but I never thought it was of this magnitude. For your information I am more qualified than you could even fathom with your tiny mind and I will not tolerate any bullshit from you or your band mates on account of who you think you are. Just remember who has to make your sorry ass sound good on stage. One wrong wire and I can and will fuck your show up so bad you will never recover. Is that clear.” Pete’s mouth hung open in a small o and no sound came out. Joe started clapping and cheering from the corner.

“Dude, your ass was just handed to you in the most awesome way possible. Evan, you are a fuckin god! I’m Joe.” He smiled jumping up to go shake her hand. She smiled back at him and my breath caught in my throat. She was absolutely stunning when she smiled. Actually she was stunning anyway but I’ll never admit that to anyone.

“I’m Andy, it’s nice to meet someone that makes Pete speechless for once”

“Patrick” I saluted from my place on the couch.

“Ah yes, we met already Mr. Stump. I’m sure Patrick would have already told you we met. Just a little heads up that I won’t tolerate anyone walking around my area until set up is finished or at least until ye are summoned. Is that a problem?” Everyone shook they’re heads quickly, not wanting another verbal thrashing. “Now that we’re all acquainted, its time for you guys to do sound check. It was lovely meeting you” she grinned, turning to leave the room.

“Seriously guys, don’t fuck with this one. She nearly had the guys in tears when she first came in. She means business.” Robin hung back.

“She’s amazing” Pete sighed.

“I wouldn’t go there Wentz, she’ll probably rip your junk off and eat it.” Robin laughed. “I better go before she comes to find me and ye better get to sound check before she flips out at you guys”

We all jumped up like we were shocked and made our way to the stage as fast as possible. No one really wanted to get on Evans bad side again… It was terrifying.

Evan

The boys did they’re sound check and I watched from the front of house booth where I re-adjusted any levels that needed it so the sound was perfect. My phone buzzed against my leg just as sound check finished.

Muffin-Top: Dear god, demon bitch manager D=

ShowPony: Lol did you get a new one? Will I beat the shit outta her? =]

Muffin-Top: I wouldn’t subject you to her. She’s a beast. But thanks, it’s nice of you to offer hun =]

ShowPony: Anytime =3 So, what are you up to?

Muffin-Top: Just hangin’ about really. How bout you? Still on your secret mission haa haa

ShowPony: You still workin’ your secret job in Manchester? =P

Muffin-Top: Oooh touché! And no actually, I’m back in good ole U.S of A. Chi-town to be precise!!

ShowPony: No shit!! I’m in Chicago too =D

Muffin-Top: Holy shit what are the chances!! Whereabouts are you?

ShowPony: I’m downtown for the night.

A loud clatter and the screech of feedback jerked my head up to glare at the stage. Patrick had backed into one of the mic stands while texting and knocked it down.

Aidan was there already fixing the stand.

“Mr. Stump” I snapped marching up to the stage. “If you’d be so kind as to pay attention to where you are going rather than on that little phone of yours it would be greatly appreciated. Now, put it away before I insert it up your ass” I stomped back to my original spot back in the booth when my phone buzzed.

Muffin-Top: Shit, I’ll have to talk to you in a bit. Cunty manager just threatened to insert my phone up my ass =/ ttyl x

My whole body froze and my heart was beating out of my chest. I could taste vomit in my mouth. This so was not happening. Vaughn was not… It was just a coincidence…

“You, here. Now” I called snapping my fingers and pointing at Patrick.

He glanced at his band mates with terrified eyes before jumping off the stage and making his way over to me. I tapped out a quick message on my phone and sent it to “Vaughn”. Patricks pocket chirped and hummed just as he reached me. Coincidence. It has to be. He stood awkwardly in front of me, not meeting my eyes.

“You can read that” I glanced at his pocket. He slowly pulled his phone from his pocket and read the message and typed a quick reply.

My phone buzzed in my hand. I squeezed my eyes shut praying for it to be something else. Patrick’s eyes jumped from his own phone to mine and I could see the cogs working in his mind. His head started to shake slowly from side to side as he took a small step back.

Muffin-Top: Her name is Evan.

“OH FUCK” I snapped, tapping out my reply.

ShowPony: Good afternoon Mr Stump.

He really started to shake his head now and took a more pronounced step backwards.

“This can’t be happening” He muttered turning around and nearly sprinting away from me.
Sign up to rate and review this story