Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Hiders

Therapy

by Wicked_Lovely 3 reviews

HELPUS.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy - Published: 2011-07-30 - Updated: 2011-07-30 - 1729 words - Complete

2Original
Citsatnaf flet I, yadot.
Gnidne saw dlrow eht taht tlef I,
ratherthanspinning.
Ithought, tghouthddonatahw.


HELPUS.

I stared blankly at the clock that was ticking annoyingly. It was the only real sound in the room, other than that of the a pen scribbling on paper. I hated this room. The blank walls the bookshelves with different medical books. The desk with a small chair that was placed right in front of me. And the couch I was sitting on. It was so plain, so lifeless. I hated all rooms like this, and I still have to sit in them more than once a week every week. The writing stopped and I looked up.
"So how's your new school." I tried to stare the therapist down. What was her name again? Dr. Sack? Right.
"It's fine. Just about the same as every other school out there." I continued to stare at the clock, one of my hands pulling at some loose string on the couch.
"Have you made any new friends?"
"Yes."
"Real or imaginary?" My fingers mange to pull the string out of the couch cushion, going for another loose one.
"Imaginary."
"What's it's name?"
"He goes by Klepto."
"Klepto? Why Klepto?"
"Because he likes to steal things from his friends." There's the sound of a pen scratching against paper again, my fingers pulling the string that they were playing with out of the couch once more. I look over at the doctor, staring at her as her glasses slide down the bridge of her nose a bit. I always hated the way they call themselves doctors. Their not doctors. Or at least, not real ones.
"Ryan, have you at least tried to make real friends." I cracked a small smile, my head shaking slightly.
"Have you tried to make real friends?" I said sarcastically.
She sighed. "I don't like sarcasm. Do you need me to call your father?" I looked at her, a smug look forming on her face. "Now can you answer my question?"
"I haven't tried to make any real friends." I muttered as I stared at the floor.
"Why is that?" My fingers went back to picking at the string on the couch, my eyes looking back up at the clock. Just five more minutes.
"People don't like me. They all think I'm crazy. Besides, I like the friends I have."
"Ryan, their hardly friends. Their a bad influence on you. Do you know what I think?"
"No."
"I think you should try to make some real friends. Having all of these imaginary ones can't be good for you. There has to be at least a few people at your new school that you've gotten along with. Now I realize that you've had a rough past, but you should at least try." I stared at the floor, knowing that I probably could have real friends. I just didn't want to. "So how's your home life, now that you've moved back in with your father?"
"Fine." I glanced back up at the clock. The numbers read five and I stood. "I've got homework to do." I slung my bag over my shoulder, walking towards the door. The therapist opened the door for me, giving me a small smile.
"You're going to visit your other doctor in the next few days, right?" I nodded, walking out of the door. "And you're taking your medication?"
"Yes."
"All right, have a nice week." I gave a short nod, walking down the hall and into the lobby. Kids ran around, their mothers sitting with a disappointed looks on their faces. I gave a small sigh, walking out the doors as I pushed my bag back over my shoulder as I started to walk home. I kicked pebbles down the sidewalk, looking at all of the happy kids playing in their yards. I tried to keep my head down, watching my feet as I walked.
"I don't like that women." Alaan said as he frowned at me. I nodded, noticing a group of teens playing on a playground like kids.
"It's not like I like her either. But society has rules that I have to follow." I muttered as we rounded the corner. I took one glance back at the three boys as we finished walking past the park.
"Rules are stupid. Ryan, you should do something fun." Tonna said with a large grin, fangs showing.
"Something tells me that's not a good idea." I muttered as I walked into the driveway of my fathers house.
"Awh come on Ry, you know you want to." Alaan said as I put the key into the door.
Cogstenn spoke, sending the other two away. "You know better than to listen to them Ryan." I nodded, pushing the old door open. The house was empty, my father still stuck at work. Not that I minded, I liked being alone. I took my shoes off, making my way to my room to get started on homework.

I sat at the table, my fork moving the random objects of food around the plate as my father and I sat in an awkward silence. There was nothing to talk about, and we both knew it. He gave a small sigh, putting his fork down as he picked up his bottle of beer, taking a sip. I continued to push the food around with my head resting on my free hand. Like most things, it just didn't look appetizing. One of the workers at the mental institution I had been in said that the only reason why I was so thin was because I never ate, but no one wanted to eat the slop they were serving.
"So....Ryan, how's your new school?" I looked up at him, tilting my head.
"Just about the same as my last one." He gave me a strange look, Alaan standing on his shoulder. He stretched and pulled at my fathers face, trying to make it move. I shook my head, looking back down at the food that looked plastic.
"Ryan, your therapist called me earlier." I shrugged.
"She likes having someone to talk to."
He gave a sigh. "She says that you only have imaginary friends."
"If you look on the bright side, they'll never leave me." That made him pause for a moment, before he shook his head.
"She also said that a good way to get you to communicate with other people would to allow you to get a pet of some kind. Do you want a cat?" I stared at him. I knew it was probably blank and lifeless, the exact opposite of what he was used to. He downed the rest of his beer, putting the bottle back down on the table.
"I have homework to do." I muttered as I stood, picking up my dirty dishes to take to the counter. What makes him think I want a cat? I went upstairs to my room where Cogstenn and Tonna were already waiting in the room, waiting for me to speak. I glanced up at them, stripping into a pair of flannel pajama pants.
"How was dinner?" Cogstenn asked as he sat at the edge of the bed, waiting for me to finish brushing my teeth. I spit in the sink, looking up at my reflection. My hand went up to the scar that was made by an old 'friend.' Everyone said that he was fake, when the truth was that he was the only real one. I splashed water on my face, allowing my hair to drop down and cover it again. If I ever had a friend, a real one, I wonder if they would bother me about my past.
"He wants me to get a cat." I muttered as I tossed some pills into my mouth, swallowing them.
"A cat?" He asked as I walked back into the room.
"A cat. Says it'll help me make more friends."
"But you already have friends. You have us, don't you?" Tonna said as she tilted her head.
"No, he's right. You do need to try and make new and real friends. You at least have to try to be normal." Cogstenn said with a shrug.
"That's great and all, but I'd like to get some sleep." I said as I pushed Cogstenn off of my bed, climbing under the covers.
"We'll be back in the morning." The two of them left, and I sighed, tossing one of my arms over my eyes.

"Wake up Ryan and give a cheer!" Waking up to your imagination is weird enough as it is, but when it's something that you haven't imagined before, it get's all that much weirder.
"Hear!Hear!" Two yelled as they skipped with their arms interlinked, running around in a circle.
"The end is near!" The third one yelled, his hands in the air. I sighed, my head falling back down to the pillows. The worst part was how human they were. I was used to seeing things that weren't there, but they didn't look like something that had previously existed. These...These were too close to being human.
"Ryan! Follow us!" The two yelled as they skipped into the hall. I got up, grabbing my hoddie before following them out of my room. I slipped my arms into it, putting my hood up as I followed them down the hallway and out of the house. I closed the door as quietly as I could as I continued to follow the human like creations of my mind.


~~~~~

To all who guessed what the writing was last chapter, it was "I embraced a marvelous evening on my castle grounds, until the adversity caught up with me and I thought it would never end, I thought. Thatwasalie."

AnotherKnifeInMyHand:Why thank you. I rather like this story, and later it'll have a lot of weirdness going on, but for now it should be okay.

PartyPoison:It kind of is going towards a Ryan/Jon pairing, and I think I might keep that up. It's not like it's something that's been done too often.
That's really close, so thumbs up to you. :)

ImJustFine:Awh, thank you. I'm glad you like it so far. And you got it, pretty much spot on.

BackgroundNoise:Fuck OFF! I don't need you right now troll face. Just leave me the fuck alone.

-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story