Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Hiders

Wake Up

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

"We're just looking out for your well being Ryan."

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy - Published: 2011-08-02 - Updated: 2011-08-03 - 1125 words - Complete

0Unrated
Welcome to the other side of sanity.

"Hey, wake up kid." I woke up to the feel of someone talking. The sun flooded down on me, making me feel warm as I basked in it's light. I opened my heavy eyes, looking up at a shadowed figure. My eyes widened and I crawled away from it, scared of what it could do. What it would do. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. You just needed to wake up." I closed my eyes. That voice was familiar. It had a sort of soothing sound to it. I let out a shaky breath, opening my eyes again. Human.
"You're Ryan, right?" I nodded, standing up. My head pounded from the lack of sleep. The sun was creeping up over the sky line, making it's presence known by showing halfway into the clouds. I put my hood down, making it to where I could feel the breeze.
"That's what they've learned to call me." I muttered, one of my hands going to my head. I closed my eyes again.
"What are you doing sleeping outside?" I looked back over at him. His face seemed almost like it was being pulled out, like his emotions were draining out of him. I looked over to see Alaan sucking them out. I stared at him for a moment before turning my attention back to the boy that was real. His face no longer looked like it was being torn apart, it looked normal. I shook my head and he sighed. "You don't talk much, do you?"
"I need to get home." I mumbled, looking around me. Trees, grass, playground, street, houses. Where was home?
"Are you okay?" I looked back up at him, noticing the slight tilt his head had. I looked around once more, trying to find something familiar.
"I don't know where home is."
"Maybe I could help you get there. What street is it on?" His voice was kind almost caring. I muttered the street name, trying to find where I was going to go. "Okay, follow me." He took my hand and we started to walk. I could hear them talking, their voices little whispers in my ears while we walked. His voice overlapped them, the only thing not being a figment of my extensive imagination.
"So you just moved here?" He asked as he looked over at me. I stared straight ahead, not knowing what to say. Was it normal for people to tell the truth when they were crazy? "I mean, I understand that you just joined the school, but a lot of people only go there if they've done something." I looked down at my feet, keeping up the pace.
"Don't tell him Ryan, he doesn't deserve to know about us." Cogstenn's voice was demanding, making me bite my bottom lip.
"You know he's just one of those people that will toss you aside when their done with you." Alaan said with a small cackle.
"It's not worth it. He's not worth it. I don't want to see you get hurt." Tonna's voice was pleading, begging me to turn around.
"Are you okay?You look kind of sick." I nodded, forcing a smile.
"I'm fine. I actually used to live in this school type place. It was for kids like me." Insane kids.
"What do you mean when you say 'kids like me?'" He asked with a raised brow. We turned a corner, going on to a street that I recognized.
"Don't tell him Ryan. Don't you fucking dare tell him." Cogstenn hissed. He was still mad that I hadn't left the boy. I could see the small house that I currently lived in come in to view.
"That's my house, I should be going." He gave me a questioning look.
"I'll see you in school then?" His voice was hopeful, making me feel slightly sick. Optimists...Never did understand them.
"Yeah." I walked away, waiting until I was a reasonable distance from him before pushing up the sleeve of my sweater. 'Box and key.' I sighed, hoping that today the drugs would actually work. I walked into my house, my feet hurting from the long walk with no shoes.
"Where the fuck were you?" I looked up to see father dearest standing by the couch, staring at me with a peircing gaze.
I looked down at my feet, whispering my excuse. "I didn't mean to. I just sleep walked or something."
"Try to not let it happen again. I was worried." I nodded.
"I have to take a shower." I made my way to the washroom, locking the door behind me. I looked at the words on my arm again, trying to remember what they meant. I couldn't remember a thing from the night before. It was like my mind was a blank slate.
"You like him, don't you?" Cogstenn muttered from the sink. I looked up at him, staring at the smirk on his lips.
"No." I said as I proceeded to take off the rest of my clothes to take a shower. "Why would that matter?"
"I don't trust him."
"That's okay, I don't trust you. You know, you three as a group have never let me have any real friends. You're the whole reason why everyone thinks I'm so messed up. They all think I'm just some crazy that needs to be numbed down with pills. You don't know how it feels to have no real friends."
"We're just looking out for your well being Ryan."
"Yeah. Sometimes I just wish you would tone it down a bit. I get's to me."


~~~~~

Today, I felt fantastic.
I felt that the world was ending,
ratherthanspinning.
What an odd thought, I thought.

HELPUS.

AnotherKnifeInMyHand:It'll either get tamer or more insane. If I were you, I would put my money on the latter. This one makes me happy, simply because I can do that and have some meaning behind it.
So thank you for complementing it. I'm pretty proud of this one. (Not this chapter though. I think it's kind of a filler.)

PartyPoison: It's close enough. I know that if I were given it, I would be horrid at decoding it. (That's why I'm the one writing it.)
I like the way Ryan's character is in this story. It reminds me of the short story by Tim Burton. (one of my friends showed it to me) It's called Vincent and it's about this little boy who had multi-personality disorder, and thinks he's a mad scientist half the time.

ImJustFine:I love riddles. Riddles and paradoxes. I think that something important probably will happen soon. We'll have to wait and see what that will end up being.

-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story