Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You're A Regular Decorated Emergency

You're A Regular Decorated Emergency

by FallingFallingFallen 0 reviews

An awkward audition for Brendon in a new band turns to a sudden love.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-08-02 - Updated: 2011-08-02 - 3486 words

0Unrated
Brendon's POV:

I sat outside the house, my guitar in hand, contemplating on whether or not to open the door. My palms were sweaty and my lips suddenly felt dry. Brent had said that I would do great and that the guys would like me, but I wasn't sure. My finger lingered around the doorbell, but before I could push it, the door swung open.
"Hey Brendon!" It was Brent and he had a huge smile on his face. I swallowed hard, my Adam's apple bobbing a bit.
"Hey" I breathed out.
"Did you just get here?" He asked. I nodded and he motioned for me to come inside, opening the door wider.
"Well come on in. We were all in the basement waiting for you"

Ryan's POV:

I was sat next to Spencer, tapping the drum a bit with both index fingers, awaiting the arrival of our new guitarist. "So his names.. Brendon?"
"Yeah , Brendon Urie, apparently he's ace at guitar" Spencer said with a small smile as he perched on the drum stool.
"Oh.. Sweet, he better be good at singing too, I mean, we need a backing singer as well.." I said, biting my lip nervously, remembering we didn't say that to Brent when he went looking.
"I'm sure he will Ryan, calm your tits will you?" He smirked and patted me on the shoulder.
I simply smiled and nodded, pacing slightly before I yell "BRENT HURRY THE FUCK UP BRO!"

Brendon's POV:

‎"He's here you guys!" Brent called out as he lead me down the stairs of the basement. I bit my lip as I walked down the last stair to be greeted by two other boys. They were sat next to each other and looked as if they were close. I couldn't keep my eyes off one of them. His hair was in his eyes a bit and he was just...beautiful.
"Guys, this is Brendon. Brendon, this is Spencer and Ryan" Brent said pointing to each one.
"Hi" I said awkwardly.
"Well? Is he going to play or what?" Ryan asked and I rushed to get my guitar case open, mumbling apologies I didn't need to say. I put my guitar on and started playing without being asked to. My hands were shaking slightly and my breathing was heavy. I just hoped I'd be good enough.

Ryan's POV:

I smiled slightly, tucking my hair behind my ear, failing to keep it there as it fell back in place.
It was cute how nervous he was, he seemed a bit, scared of us. I glanced over at Spencer as he was watching with a warm smile forming across his lips.
‎"He's awesome, eh?!" Brent said as I nodded
"Yeah he's alright, but, uh, Brendon is it?" Brendon nodded "Can you sing dude?"

Brendon's POV:

I cleared my throat and turned to Brent anxiously. He hadn't told me that they needed someone to sing. Brent looked just as confused as me.
"I uh think I can give it a go" I said, shifting my weight from one foot to the other, "Anything in particular that you'd uh...want me to sing?" I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly, scared of their reply.

Ryan's POV:

Spencer smiled "Hey dude, chill.. chill"
I interrupted Spencer's warming comment "Uh... Know any Blink 182?" This really was the most important question this boy would ever hear from me, if he didn't like them he was out..

Brendon's POV:

"Yea yea" I nodded, suddenly feeling a bit more confident.
"I know some Blink. Any specific requests?" My eyes went to Brent again, somewhat begging for his help. He had only heard me sing once at school, but I was sure he'd make the best choice in song.

Ryan's POV:

I started muttering to Spencer, knowing what song Brent would pick, discussing whether he was confident enough to even be in a band.
Brent smiled confidently and said "Do Always Bren, You're awesome at it!"
I immediatly turned my glance to the brown haired guitarist infront of me "I love that song!" I beamed a smile as I awaited his reply

Brendon's POV:

I blushed a bit, but agreed with Brent. It was the best choice. I just like it'd be awkward singing it to the beautiful boy in front of me. I cleared my throat and began strumming my guitar.
"I've been here before a few times" I gulped a bit as Ryan and Spencer's eyes widened, "And I'm quite aware we're dying"

Ryan's POV:

I smiled, crossing my legs and leaning back on my chair, attempting to fix my hair once again but failing miserably,
hearing something behind me and glancing back at Spencer as he started fiddling with his drum sticks, softly playing along to the song.

Brendon's POV:

"And your hands they shake with goodbyes And I'll take you back if you'd have me So here I am I'm trying So here I am are you ready" I was getting more confident as I watched Spencer for a moment, but my eyes couldn't help but fall back to Ryan as I sung
"Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you. Always. Kiss you, taste you all night. Always" His eyes met mine and my heart fluttered in my chest.

Ryan's POV:

I smiled along, singing the backing incredibly quietly to try and urge the boy to sing a bit louder,
he looked kinda.. Funny, the way his pupils were large and his smile was bright as anything..

Brendon's POV:

I looked down at my hands, trying to keep my eyes off of Ryan as I continued to sing, my voice slightly increasing in volume.
"And I'll miss your laugh your smile. I'll admit I'm wrong if you'd tell me. I'm so sick of fights, I hate them. Lets start this again for real. So here I am I'm trying. So here I am are you ready? So here I am I'm trying. So here I am are you ready?"

Ryan's POV:

I smiled wider, "Shit bro you're amazing,"
Spencer applauded, throwing his drum sticks to the side "Bro you're better than Ryan!"
I felt slightly betrayed but nodded, looking down at my hands

Brendon's POV:

My face turned brighter red.
"Well thanks" I said and started to put my guitar back. Brent clapped his hands on my back in a "Good job, Champ" sort of manner.
"So um did I make the band?" I felt awkward asking, but I wanted to be sure before I let my chest explode

Ryan's POV:

I glanced at the other boys suggestively as they both nod "Sure, why not?" I let a small smile escape as I stood and offered my hand to shake to our now new guitarist

Brendon's POV:

I looked at his hand stupidly for a moment, slightly afraid of what contact with him would feel like, but I took his hand and shook it. Chewing on my bottom lip softly.
"You won't regret it, guys. I promise"
Ryan said: "You've got a great set of lungs on 'ya too bro!" Then he pulled me into the tightest, manliest hug I've ever felt.
I felt like my body was on fire as I felt his body hit against mine. I hadn't reacted to anyone in this sort of manner before.
"Thanks, Ryan" I barely managed to get out of my mouth. It was like his touched had paralyzed me into some kind of idiot coma.

Ryan's POV:

I pulled away from the hug slightly, once again trying to fix my hair as I looked at him, patting his shoulders.
I mean, what was wrong with him, he just went like a brick, Spencer's never like that, Brent's never like that, nobody is when I hug them ..
"Dude, whats wrong? You alright?"

Brendon's POV:

‎"Yea" I said, trying to blow it off as if it was nothing. Brent was watching me curiously.
He knew I never was like this and it made me all the more worried. I had to try to keep my cool.
"I'm fine. Sorry about that" I forced a huge smile, trying not to seem as awkward as I felt.

Ryan's POV:

I looked back at Spencer as he was just shaking his head and chuckling before I jolted my glance back to Brendon
"Well, okay then, I'll show you out, that cool?"

Brendon's POV:

"That'd be awesome" I put two thumbs up, but regretted it, face palming myself mentally. 'Nice one, Brendon' I thought to myself as I prepared to follow Ryan. Brent rolled his eyes and my cheeks turned a bit redder.
I felt like such a loser around these guys and I didn't understand why.

Ryan's POV:

I chuckled again "Dude, calm yourself, you'll fit in just fine, c'mon!" I beamed a bright smile to match his and grabbed his arm,
"See you two in a few!" Spencer and Brent said their goodbyes to our new band member as I walked up the stairs, holding onto his arm.

Brendon's POV:

I tried not to flinch at the electricity of his touch, but it was something that would take some getting used to. I looked down at his hand on my arm, almost tripping over a stair.
"Oh crap! I'm sorry" I said, catching myself before I could faceplant the stairs, "I'm such a klutz" I steadied myself and laughed awkwardly.

Ryan's POV:

I widened my eyes as I felt him trip behind me, trying to hold him up as he helped himself to stand. "Bro its cool, its cool, we all have our moments!"
I smiled warmly at him again, he was so nervous it was adorable

Brendon's POV:

"I uh zone out some times" I said, partly telling the truth, "Thanks for not totally laughing at me" We continued our journey up the stairs, but I didn't want to leave just yet. I wanted to spend more time with Ryan and I didn't know why.

Ryan's POV:

I smiled as we approached the door, checking he was stll in one piece from his trip. For some reason I just felt like I should walk him home, he seemed pretty accident prone so I thought I should at least offer, didn't want him getting hurt.. "Its cool, I don't take the piss out of people as I know what its like..
Want me to walk you home? So you don't get hit by a car or something?" I chuckled warmly

Brendon's POV:

I blushed even more, rubbing the back of my head awkwardly. He thought I was a walking danger zone now and maybe that was partly true, but it wasn't as bad as me getting hit by cars, or at least not yet. I couldn't refuse the offer though. I was one to take on opportunity when I saw it and this was one.
"I'd like that" Our eyes met for what seemed like forever, but was merely a few seconds. I looked down at my feet as he opened the door.

Ryan's POV:

I tugged the door open, smiling at him "C'mon Mr Walking Disaster" I chuckled again, patting his back soothingly before shouting down the stairs to Spencer and Brent that I was walking the boy home.

Brendon's POV:

I walked out of the door, biting my lip when he touched my back. I walked down the stairs of the house, guitar case in hand. It was merely a five minute walk to my house, but I hoped that'd be enough. I felt like I had to impress him more than I already had.

Ryan's POV:

I stuffed my hands in my pockets, following the direction of the other boy "So, Urie, Tell me about yourself?" I tried to fix my hair as I glanced over at him

Brendon's POV:

"Well" I breathed in deeply, wondering how he was going to take this, "I'm a Mormon...or my parents are rather" I straightened my shirt as we walked.
"um I like music. The Beatles are the bomb and I guess I'm awkward and a klutz" I laughed a bit.

Ryan's POV:

I smiled, listening to his every word, widening my eyes when he stated his musical preferences "No way man?! I love The Beatles!"
I stopped him in his tracks, standing infront of him and grabbing his arms, smiling wide.
"Whats your favourite song? Is it just me who thinks Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band is the most genious song ever?!
Don't you think their lyrics and the whole vibe their music gives off is amazing?!"
I knew I was babbling like a shitty fan girl but when it comes to The Beatles I just can't help myself

Brendon's POV:

I was generally surprised about his reaction. I guessed I had been in the right to mention my love for the Beatles.
"I agree" I said, "It's one of my favorite songs actually. I adore "I wanna hold your hand" more than anything though." I couldn't believe I had just said that. I hadn't even considered the song until when Ryan had touched me and suddenly I couldn't get it out of my head.

Ryan's POV:

I beamed brightly "Really?! I love Here Comes The Sun and Penny Lane but thats just because Spencer overplays Penny Lane so friggin much!" I chuckled and pulled him into a real tight hug "God I think me and you are like destined to be best friend bro"

Brendon's POV:

My heart was pounding in my ears. He really had to stop touching me like that or one day I'd just die in his arms from a heart attack or something.
"I think so too" I smiled and tried not to be so stiff, hugging him back ever so slightly.

Ryan's POV:

I smiled as he finally actually hugged back, I pulled back after a while, trying to sort out my hair again "Fucking hair! How do you get yours to stay? Mine just dies"

Brendons's POV:

I shrugged, surprised by his quick change in topic.
"It just kinda stays" I said. We were standing on the side of the street just talking instead of walking, but I wasn't complaining. I was enjoying every moment with him.

Ryan's POV:

I tried pushing it to the side again "Mother. Fucking. NGH. I give up, I hate my hair anyway." I shrugged and smiled, sitting down on the sidewalk, looking up at him, he looked happy yet confused.. Yet kind of worried.. What the hell was on his mind to make him act so many different emotions?

Brendon's POV:

I sat down beside him without hesitation. He was examining me and his eyes were full of questions I was sure I wouldn't want to answer if he asked them verbally.
"Well I like your hair" I stated, trying to sound like it was just a friendly thing, but it was so much more than that.

Ryan's POV:

I tilted my head slightly, taking a strand of my hair and holding it infront of my eye,s examining the colour and the fact my ends were so badly split they were practically begging for a hair cut
"Really? You REALLY like this tatted piece of bull crap?"

Brendon's POV:

I shrugged, trying not to show any emotion besides indifference about the whole matter. I was actually pulling it off for a change.
"Yep" I said simply, leaning back on my hands to watch the few cars drive by us.

Ryan's POV:

I glanced over at the boy, watching his eye line "Ya'know what Bren? You seem pretty cool.. I like you" I smiled warmly and scooted a bit closer to him, patting his back softly

Brendon's POV:

My heart almost seemed to jump out of my chest as I turned to look at him. It felt like friction between us whenever we locked eyes. I bit my lip, examining our closeness. My eyes went to his lips for only a moment.
"I like you too, Ry" The words had that hidden meaning to them and I didn't know whether I wanted him to catch on or not.

Ryan's POV:

I blinked a few times, noticing his gaze. Oh crap, he's gay, isn't he? I'm not against gays, not at all, but I'm just... Unsure of... Oh great... Fantastic. I blushed and looked at the ground for a moment, unsure of what to say, "Thanks for the uh.. The singing man.. And guitar.. Its gonna help a lot"

Brendon's POV:

"Y-yea...no problem" Shit. I was stuttering over my words again like an idiot. I looked back at the cars, trying to calm my breathing before he noticed.
"Well um...we should get back to walking" Suddenly I felt sick and I just wanted to get home.

Ryan's POV:

I knew I had made him feel uncomfortable, but I couldn't look at him again without thinking he loved me. I couldnt look into his beautiful brown eyes covered by his dorky, cute glasses and his perfectly swept hair without... Fuck. "Hey, Hey.." I took his hand tightly, reassuringly "Whats wrong dude?"

Brendon's POV:

‎"I just feel a bit sick is all. I hope I'm not coming down with something" I faked a cough, grabbing my guitar and trying to ignore my hand that felt like it was on fire.
"Plus I told my mom I'd be back by four" I checked my watch and saw it was 3:50. "She'll flip out if I'm not there in the next five minutes"

Ryan's POV:

I faked a smile, shit, am I gay? Am I really gay? Fuuuuckk... "Oh well uh, do you think your mother would mind if I sat with you at your house for a bit? I'd really like to get to know you a bit more Brendon" I stood up, taking his guitar and pulling him up

Brendon's POV:

I felt awkward and I kind of wanted to get away from him. I was going through my brain, looking for excuses and none that made any sense were coming to mind.
"What about Spencer and Brent?" I asked, desperate to find a way out. I was too confused now and I just needed time to think.

Ryan's POV:

I rolled my eyes, remembering in about Spencer and Brent's little 'encounter' the last time they were alone, which then turned into them dating.. Nobody knew except for me "Psh, they'll love being alone, they'll get to fuck then" .. Not anymore .. "I mean uh.. Shit"

Brendon's POV:

My eyes widened and my cheeks turned bright pink.
"Wh-what?" Brent was gay? I couldn't imagine that. He had always seemed to have some girl on him. I didn't understand. None of this was processing correctly.

Ryan's POV:

I stuttered my words, if Spencer knew I'd told anyone he'd kill me "W-Well he might just be bisexual then? I dunno but you can't tell anyone I told you" I made Brendon face me directly, both hands on his cheeks "Please"

Brendon's POV:

"Okay" I whispered and chewed on my lip. I pictured leaning forward and kissing him if only for a moment, but I realized we were outside and the neighbors might see us. I stiffened at the thought.
"I seriously need to go though Ryan" My voice was urgent and I pushed myself out of his grip and started walking quickly in the direction of my house, not knowing what else to do.

Ryan's POV:

I leaned in for a kiss just as he pulled away, blinking a few times as I quickly followed after him "B-Brendon what did I do?" Shit, he isn't gay, he isn't, is he? I just presumed, great, fantastic, "FUCKING WELL DONE RYAN" I shouted at the top of my lungs, realising it wasn't in my head.

Brendon's POV:

My heart was pounding and my breathing was erratic. Before I even realized it, I was running. I was running from Ryan and I was crying. Why was I crying? I made it to my house, running up the stairs to the door and opening it quickly, slamming it shut behind me and locking it. I slid down slowly so that I was hugging my knees.
"Brendon? Is that you?" My mother asked.
"Yea" I sniffled, "I'm in the band, but uh I think I'm catching a cold so I'ma just go take a nap" I informed her, standing up and running up the stairs to my room. My mind still racing and thinking of Ryan.

Ryan's POV:

I stood still in the street, realising what had just happened, I couldn't believe it. He didn't like me. He now hated me. I blew every chance I could ever have with him. So what now? I had to stumble back home and shoo Spencer and Brent away, curl up in bed and wait until band rehearsals tomorrow. And I did exactly that.
Sign up to rate and review this story