Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The World's Unfair

The Band!

by drpeterick 0 reviews

yeah they're all good together - what's gonna happen??!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-08-06 - Updated: 2011-08-07 - 1293 words

0Unrated
MIKEY'S P.O.V

'Are you nervous?'
'Of course - what if I suck?'
'Baby you don't suck! I've heard you. You sound better than anything'
Me and Jake were in the car heading to Craig's house to have our first band practise. I was nervous as hell. I just wanted us to go home and snuggle. But we both new he wouldn't let me drive us back. Fuck. We pulled up then hopped out. I kissed him and said, 'If I suck will you still love me?'
'Was I supposed to get the double meaning in that?' Heh heh, that kid makes me laugh.
As we walked through the door, Craig's mom welcomed us with a mug of chocolate and a slice of cake. I was chuffed! She then sat us down an one of those sofa's you sink into while running all over the place cleaning frantically. All the time, she was talking to us in her beautiful sing-song voice about how the band's going to be huge, and she'll be in the front row at our first concert. She was so adorable, bless her! Craig came down after she yelled up the stairs for him and plonked himself down in an armchair opposite us.
'Deary me where is that boy? If his head wasn't screwed on he'd lose it! Oh!' She laughed a motherly laugh at what I was wearing - then began to start 'fixing' it.
'Oh now what's a young boy like you doing wearing this, hm? Goodness, it's a wonder you can walk in jeans this tight!' Craig and Jake sniggered. To fuck with Craig, when his mom was looking at my belt buckle - with her hands on it - I put my head back and grinned wildly with my eyes half closed. Craig couldn't see his moms hands so he jumped up and nearly rugby tackled her off of me. It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen! Craig trying to help his poor mom off the floor after knocking her sideways! Me and Jake were laughing hysterically at his face going red and her hitting him with an oven mitt.
Once Davy had arrived, we went upstairs to get ourselves set up. They all knew exactly where to go and I was stood there thinking one word over and over in my mind. Shit.
'Here, just play what's on the sheet, ok? And don't worry - just play as good as you did the other day and it'll be perfect.' Said Davy with a smile. That made me feel better.
Craig sat his skinny frame at the drums, picking up the sticks and clacking them together in a crooked rythm. Davy went over and stood on the opposite side of the room to me, holding a guitar. Jake was busy adjusting something on the floor, then came over to me and checked my amp. He smiled at me.
'Still nervous?'
'Uh yeah!' He chuckled and hugged me before walking back to his microphone. He told me earlier that he was lead singer, and when I asked him to sing for me he got all shy and told me i'd have to wait until tomorow. I was so excited to hear him sing.
I had quick look over the sheet and kind of got the hang of it.
'Ok, and poweeeeer... ON!' All of a sudden, a deafening ringing sliced through the house. It only lasted a second. I looked over at everyone else, and they were stood there as if they didn't notice it. I guess they must be used to it.
Craig started a beat then I came in with the bass, happy with myself that I was hitting the right notes, then Jake started singing. It was the most amazing thing i'd ever heard! He was better than I imagined. We were playing a song Craig wrote called 'Red Sky At Night'. Apparently it was about a dog or something, I wasn't listening to the words Jake was singing, just the noise he was making. Davy's guitar was amazing. Everything just fit so well together I was bummed out when we finished! We all high five'd each other then went into another song. 7 songs and one by Fall Out Boy later, we were beat. We ordered pizza and watched a movie. Well, we tried to watch it, I was second to last to fall asleep and I only made it twenty minutes in. Jake was last. He saw me starting to shut my eyes and came over and kissed my forehead. I moved up the sofa so he could sit down, and I rested my head on his warm chest. I could hear his heartbeat and it helped me fall asleep. I breathed out and fell fast asleep.

The next day was Wednesday. Shitty day, but it was great because I had every lesson with my baby. At the end of the day, Craig and Davy burst into our last lesson babbling something. It was funny at first, but then we tried to pretend we didn't know them. Once they'd calmed down and the teacher was trying [and failing] to usher them out the room, they yelled something about us getting signed. Me and Jake looked at each other, our eyes wide, and when the bell went 5 seconds later, picked up our shit and ran to them.
'W-WE GOT SIGNED M-MAN!' Screamed Craig. And at the same time, Davy was shrieking,
'SOME GUY IN A VAN!'
Me and Jake both rolled our eyes.
'Dude did you ever have that guy in the white windowless van pull up to you and tell you he'd give you sweets if you got in? Same thing...' I said with a sigh. I was kind of excited then.
'You really got my hopes up then.' Said Jakey.
'No, honestly! He gave us the address of some studio!'
'Yeah we're going there on saturday!'
Shit. There goes our date.
'But-' Jake stopped me saying we might as well give the idiots a chance. It might be real. I caved and we agreed to go. The rest of the week dragged, but I was actually pretty of excited. I'd never even been in a band before the other day, now we might be getting signed? Just thinking about it being real made me want to jump for joy.

I hadn't been home all week. My father hadn't called me once. He didn't care. I was glad. I was also surprised at the fact I had somewhere to go every night without sleeping with a different person. That was a life I didn't want to go back to. Jake and I had yet to have sex. I mean we'd done stuff other than that like oral and stuff, but with him it genuinely felt like I'd never been out with anyone else because he was my first in a way. He was the first person I'd fell in love with. Every time I looked at him, whether he was concentrating on writing lyrics, doodling, had a vacant stare on him while watching TV, or looking back at me, \i felt the love from his eyes too. I was happy about that more than anything because, as sad as it sounds, I'd forgotten what love feels like. Back in my old school, I got bullied unrelentingly. I was bullied for being gay, and I was bullied for sleeping around. I can't really defend myself for the sleeping around part. It made me feel wanted, and I wanted to be needed. And my mother... well, she was long gone. It was a terrible story.
Sign up to rate and review this story