Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > aa The World's Unfair

Audition

by drpeterick 0 reviews

so craig and davy were right - it's an acutal place and not just some guy with a white van and candy!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-08-07 - Updated: 2011-08-07 - 1624 words

0Unrated
MIKEY'S P.O.V

Jack and me were sat in the bag of Craig's hideous yellow car, bumping against eaechother since he was such a bad driver.
'He reminds me of you...' commented Jake only loud enough so I could hear him.
''Hey! I'm a good driver i'm just a little fast'
'A little? But that's true, you came literally an inch away from an old lady that time' we laughed at the memory. When I got out to apologise to her, she started hitting me with her bag. It must have had a brick in it or something because it was fucking brutal! Of course when I escaped and got back into the car, Jack was having a fucking seizure from laughing so hard. Fucking old people.
Craig turned a corner that he 'didn't see' forcing Jake to slam into me. He tried to pull away but I held onto him. He blushed and looked down. I put my hand under his chin and lifted his face to mine with my finger. I leant in for a kiss. Our lips were moving together perfectly, but stupid boy wonder hit another corner which made me fall on top of Jakey. We continued kissing with our bodies moving against each other.
'...um guys we're here.' said a familiar voice.
We quickly ripped apart patting ourselves down - me trying to hide the semi I had going. They rolled their eyes at us for once and I must say I was a little shocked. Although I couldn't blame them.

We had arrived at a large white building with Darkened Studios written in big letters on the side. We walked through big doors and through an amazing long, clean hallway.
Well at least we know it's real I thought trying to fight back the anxiety. Jake must have been able to see my fear because he took my hand and smiled up at me with that beautiful face of his. I couldn't help letting a massive goofy grin spread across my face. I was all of a sudden very aware that I was now the only one smiling as we got to the front desk where there was a woman of twenty something on the phone. She saw us stood there and murmured for us to sit down. Then she looked back up and smiled at me. I held up my and Jakey's entwined hands and she frowned and busied herself with some paperwork.
We'd only just sat down on brilliant white leather seats, when a man in a red shirt and black trousers appeared. he was slim and as tall as me. And you could he had a six pack under that shirt. It had a black tie making him look like someone important. He's pretty attractive was rushing through my mind, but then I remembered I had someone and the feelings disappeared. I was impressed with myself that I could do that now. I gave myself a mental high five.
'Well hello again boys! How are you? Oh look at these two my, my. Hello my name's Zackory, but you can call me Zack. And you are? Oh silly me why am I asking? Ha! You must be Mikey and Jake! Pleasure to meet you two. Are you ready? You didn't bring instruments did you? Oh no you didn't, good - I have top of the range stuff inside for you to use. Follow me!'
Jesus, this guy's a mile a minute. He turned on his heel and walked quickly meaning we have to jog at some points to keep up. After two elevator rides, about a million miles of walking, three flights of stairs, through a zillion doors, and so many twists and turns i didn't know which direction we were facing any more, we arrived at a huge studio fully equipped with beautiful instruments. We each went over to our stations and set up. There was a glass window at the front of the room with Zack and a few other guys in it. They started to move their hands at lightning pace of the buttons and dials in front of them and then Zack said into the mic,
'Ok boys, whenever your ready.' He had a voice like a movie star. And he looked like one too.
We started our first song, and when we'd finished, Zack turned to the guys who were all nodding and smiling at eachother which we took to be a good sign. Zack came over the mic once more and said, 'Can you play antoher boys, we just want to make sure it's consistent and we need a copy to show to the higher up! Thanks' He said higher up with a wink and hand gestures pointing towards the ceiling. I turned around and raised my eyebrows at Davy who gave me a thumbs up in return. We went into another song which took quite a bit out of us. It's probably our nerves getting the better of us.

JAKE'S P.O.V

It was unbearable tension sat in that room. None of us said a word since Zack told us to just relax and wait for him to get back. We knew he'd gone to talk to people higher up and we were petrified.
What if they say no? was all that was churning in my mind... and stomach.
It was a cool room to say the least I guess. It had a soda machine, a candy machine and a coffee machine which was nice. It also had a couple of tables and a TV. There were two sofas either side of a table which Craig, Davy and I were sat on. Mikey, on the other hand, opted for the bean-bag at the head of the table.
'So what do you think they'll say, guys?' Said Davy quietly. All along he'd been shifting off responsibility and stuff with Mikey, but deep down we all knew that it meant a lot to him.
'I think they'll love us!' said Davy putting his arm round Craig. I always thought those two would be good together. And so did Mikey because he looked at me then gave a little head-tilt towards them. I smiled. He was so perfect. And he thinks I am? No way. I'm just waiting for the moment he leaves me for someone better. Like Zack. I saw him watching his butt as we ran to keep up with him. He didn't know I realised though. At least I hope he didn't because he didn't stop...
We all jumped when the door was swung open and in walked A large man with a cigar [I know fat-cat, right?] followed by Zack walked in. Shit him again. A smile appeared on Mikey's lips and I felt pretty bad. We all stood up as Zack began talking.
'GUYS! Brilliant news! Brace yourselves! Are you braced?'
We all nodded unsure if it was rhetorical or not, but at the same time kind of not caring.
'We've decided to sign you. We're relocating you to LA!' said the big guy.
We knew we were meant to be happy but all we could do was stare.
'W-what?' I said.
'WHAT?!' Mikey screamed.
'Yeah guys, you're moving!' chimed in Zack. Shut up. Wait, what?
Like a penny dropping, we all descended into shocked laughter and hugs.

The car ride home was the happiest of my life. I couldn't believe it! Los Angeles! We were getting signed! We were gonna meet all the stars! I might get meet Fall Out Boy! My head was swimming with ideas of what it would be like. Mikey put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. I blushed. I hate my face. He kept his face close and I turned my head to meet his lips. We kissed for a second. Then again. And again. I couldn't shake how he looked at Zack though. It made me feel like shit more than I already do. He moved down to my neck and sucked on it making me hold back a moan to keep from tweedle dee and tweedle dumbass from looking round at us. They were too busy talking about what huge stars we were going to be to notice Mikey giving me series of love-bites though. The image of Zack popped into my head again and I pulled away.
'You ok, babe?'
'Yeah.' He gave me a confused look, but we just sat listening to the banter going on in the front seats for the rest of the ride home. Craig and Davy pulled into a coffee shop before we went our seperate ways to plan our next move.
'So I think we should do it.'
'What are we going to tell our parents though?'
'Well we're all about to turn 18 soon, I mean it'll be sad and all but it's our life.'
We already agreed earlier that Mikey'd go back to his house tonight because he hadn't been back in a week, but I didn't want to see him go. We hadn't been apart for more than a couple of minutes over the past week. He asked to be dropped off a street away from his house because it was in a cul de sac or something and we wouldn't be able to get the car out. It was really sad saying goodbye - he wrapped his strong arms round me and whispered 'I love you' into my ear. I hugged him tighter and said it back. I wondered if he really meant it. I did. I watched him start walking and hopped back in the car.
Sign up to rate and review this story