Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > aa The World's Unfair

Fear of Needles, Baby

by drpeterick 0 reviews

all about the operation - sorry if the last ending scared you i was trying to make it shocking lol

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-08 - 2490 words

0Unrated
JAKE P.O.V

Jesus I was so scared. I was as scared as the time Ali got into a car crash and broke her leg. I always hated surgeries. I know every one's a professional but sometimes mistakes are made. Shit why were they taking so long? I'd took the pillow off the bed and held my face to it, trying to breathe in every ounce of Mikey's scent. I know it's sad but I really couldn't have given a flying fuck if i'd tried. I was sat on the bed between Craig and Dave, but despite their best efforts, nothing could cheer me up until I saw Mikey's face again. Without a death tag around it. Oh god why did I have to think that? I started to cry harder into the pillow. It was open chest surgery since there was a risk of the broken bone infecting the heart or whatever. All I heard was the word risk of failure. Everything after that was just white noise. Mikey actually got angry when he was told that it's only a slim chance.
'It's still a fucking chance, isn't it? I thought you people were fucking trained!'
I squeezed his hand and he saw I was starting to cry. He pulled me up onto the bed, [not that there was much room to move in that fucking room] sat me on his lap and held my head to his chest. I could hear his heart beating and that calmed me down like it always does. When he was taken away, I nearly lost my mind. That may have been the last time i'd ever hear his voice. Touch his skin. Hear his heartbeat.
It was an hour later and I was going insane. Craig and Davy were still trying to make me feel better from both sides. A knock came at the door and I saw a familiar face.
'Zack! Hey! He's gone into surgery, he'll be out soon.' Said Davy motioning to a seat opposite us. I glared at him. How could he have the gall to show his face here? Did he think Mikey would be happy to see him? Actually, that's probably exactly what he thought. Bastard.
The terrible twosome started rattling off about what they were doing and what was going on in the operating theatre. I slid off the bed and wandered down the sterile hallways. I came to a coffee machine and got an espresso to keep me from falling asleep. I sat in some disgusting plastic chairs and put my head in my hands.
How could this have happened?
I heard the sound of footsteps and assumed they'd go straight past me. Instead, the person sat next to me. I looked round to see none other than Zack sat there. He was smiling at me which made me hate him more.
'I'm really sorry'
'For what?' I snapped.
'For what happened to Mikey. Craig told me how it happened.'
'It's none of your business!' I shouted before remembering he was offering us our future. I thought it best to not upset him and mumbled an apology.
'It's fine. You're allowed to snap. One of your best friends is in surgery.'
'He's not just my best friend...' there was silence. 'What?' I asked. Zack was looking at me like i'd told him I ate his baby.
'Y-you're Mike's b-boyfriend?' he choked out with wide eyes.
'Yeah. And I know about you making him go on that date. That was pretty weird, huh?'
'Yeah... i'm sorry.'
'It's fine. Just don't try again, yeah?'
'Of course! I would never have if i'd known his boyfriend was you, Jake... none of it' That made me feel better, but I was still angry.
Some nurses went sprinting past us. I didn't look where they were going.
Zack stood up and put his hand out to me. I didn't really want to touch that putrid limb, but for the sake of politeness I did. We trudged back to the room in silence and I resumed my place in between my two best friends. They both put an arm around me and leant in to kiss the top of my head. I hate being the shortest.

Craig had fallen asleep in one of the chairs with Davy next to him. Zack was in one of the chairs opposite the bed, and I was lying on top of the itchy thin blanket that the love of my life was occupying only four hours ago. I was staring out the window. Out at the sky line. We were on a floor pretty high up so there was a beautiful view. I had been laying there with my eyes open for what felt like an eternity.

I wish I had Mikey back. I said with my face pressed into the pillow I was clinging onto like a body. I heard doors opening and closing, voices talking in technical jargon, and the wound of wheels. I sat up and leapt off the bed. The head doctor came in leading five or six other doctors into the room with Mikey in tow. I had never been happier in my life than right then when the doctor told me he was ok. I watched the nurses move Mikey's delicate body onto the bed and hooked him up to all sorts of machines. My baby was back. Fresh tears replaced the old ones as I looked over his pale, grey expressionless face. I so badly wanted him to wake up so he could tell me he was alright.

He was out for another five hours until it turned 11 am. The doctor came in again and told us it was time to wake him up. He injected a light green fluid into the bag Mikey had attached to his wrist by a tube. I took his hand and squeezed tightly. Everyone stood round the bed. Craig and Dave clutched his other hand and Zack just stood a little behind looking pretty happy he was ok. Mikey groaned and swallowed a couple of times before his eyes blinked open into a squint. I was crying hard now.
'...Jake?'
'Yes baby i'm here.' I said through sniffs. 'I thought I lost you forever'
'No...i'd never leave you... you're the reason i'm here now... I couldn't let go thinking about you'
The next ten hours was exhausting - emotionally and physically. Between staying with Mikey and running around the room to do stuff, I just wanted to sit down with him and fall asleep in his arms. He was allowed to leave tomorrow after they were sure he was doing ok which I was ecstatic about. I couldn't wait to get home and just soak up everything that happened. Halfway through the day, I got one of the biggest shocks of my life. Me and Mike were in the bed together [just snuggling] when I heard familiar voices. I looked at Mikey who also had a confused look on his face.
'It... it couldn't be... could it?' I said.
'MICHAEL JOHNSON! OH MY FUCKING GOD!' screamed a very frantic Mom closely followed by a very panicky Alison. They both ran over to the side of him, both going a mile a minute, both talking at the same time. I was pretty shocked at my mom's language.
'Woah woah woah!' said Mikey putting his hands up. 'First off, hug me!' They pressed their faces to either sides of his neck and
whimpered a little bit.
'Okay, secondly, what are you two doing here?'
They started babbling words again.
'One at a time!' I said. They hadn't even noticed I was here yet.
'Oh Mikey look at you! That awful man. To think I only lived a street away from him! I'm glad he's gone now, hurting my poor baby' Mikey was clearly enjoying the attention.
'Some guy called Zack called us and said there was a flight waiting for us because you were in the hospital. What a nice guy, eh?' Said Ali.
I was suddenly very aware of Zack standing in the doorway, looking over the scene. I turned Mom and Ali onto him and they hugged him so hard, his knees buckled a little bit. Mikey definitely didn't look happy to see him there.
'Hey Mike. How you feeling?'
'Fine thanks.' there were a few moments of silence before Ali spoke.
'...Anyway, um who's hungry?'

We all had a burger and some fries, except for Mikey who had three burgers, two chicken and stuffing sandwiches, two fries, a chocolate milkshake and five packets of crisps. I was jealous that he ate like that and stayed so fit. I looked down at my pudge. Ugh. I was sat next to Mikey on the bed so he didn't see me. If he did, he would have kissed me or something which would be a little weird in front of everyone here.
It's not that I didn't love him as much as he loved me -I loved him more if anything, but he just had this way of not caring what people thought. I didn't have that. I guess it was a pretty good thing that I had him now to protect me.
We were all fairly bummed out that we were supposed to meet FOB today, but I didn't mind. I'd rather have stayed here than go to see them a billion times over. Mikey kept apologising, but I insisted I didn't mind.
'Honestly baby, i'm SOOO sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to it!' he whined.d
'Pack it in, we'll see them soon. And how are you sorry for being in hospital?' I laughed, confused.
'Yeah bu-'
'Shh, you need your rest.'

It was a funny thing, watching Andy Hurley appear round the corner of the hospital door. It was the middle of the night - 2.30 to be exact - and I was curled in Mikey's arms as per usual. Everyone else was asleep, but I was still too emotional to sleep. He had a quick look in, then I heard him say 'They're all asleep - it's really cute!' I flew off the bed and over to the door.
'HOLY HELL!' I said a little too loudly. Joe pulled me outside and 'ssh'd me. There they were. Andy, Joe, Patrick and Pete.
Wow Mikey really does look like him...
We walked down the hall a little bit, a big stupid smile never leaving my face.
'What are you guys doing here? I thought you had important recording that couldn't be postponed?'
'We snuck out!' announced Pete, looking quite proud.
'They were running us ragged! They wouldn't even let us pee pee' said Andy.
'Woah that sucks'
They said yeah in unison.
'Jake?' I heard \Mikey's familiar voice. I turned and ran back.
'What in the hell are you doing up? You just had open heart surgery!'
'Well, you weren't next to me or even in the room and I was scared.'
Aww. I must have started blushing because he put his hands on the sides of my face and stroked my cheek with his thumb.
'Yeah well... now that you're up, look who's here! I stood back to let him see the band who was now running back towards us.
'No fuckin way!' shouted Mikey.

After basic introductions and stuff, we went to get some midnight food from the cafeteria downstairs. We were up talking for hours.
We sat at a table and Mikey and Pete went off for our food. I was on the end with Joe next to me, Andy and Patrick facing us. Once we'd all finished, Pete and Mikey saw something to keep themselves amused. I didn't look what it was - the less I knew, the better.
'So how long have you guys been together?' Patrick asked.
'Couple of weeks now, not very long' I replied trying not to blush.
'Aww that's so sweet!' cooed Andy.
'Yeah, it was a little rough at the beginning, but you stick together, y'know?' I said remembering what had happened with Mike's dad.
'Shit what happened?' asked Joe. I didn't know if I should tell them or not. I looked over at Mikey. He was off with Pete crashing around in wheelchairs. I looked at him with a little smile. Why was he always getting into trouble?
'Well, it's kind of personal to him and I don't want to go around blowing secrets' I said, and they understood.
'But how do you guys make time for eachother? I mean, it can't be easy what with everything going on a at the moment, can it?' Patrick questioned. I thought about it.
'Well, you just have to take every spare second really. Sometimes a quick kiss or hug every now and again goes a long way.'
'So have you guys gotten down to it yet?' Joe asked with a cheeky grin. I felt my face get red. I hate my cheeks.
'Well kind of...' I mumbled. 'I mean we've done 'it' I guess' Joe punched my arm lightly. We started talking about how they were doing romantically, Andy and Joe not really having anything going on, and Patrick stayed quiet. We talked about all sorts. They were really easy to get along with. After a while, Mikey and Pete sat back down and joined in talking too. Sun broke into the caf, closely followed by the five we left up in the room.
'WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE PLAYING AT SNEAK-' screamed Ali before realising we were sat with her favourite band. Me and Ali share tastes in music.
'Woah...' She trailed off. Mom burst past her and started fussing over Mikey again. All the time smiling at Pete. Oh great, what stupid bet did they make now. Mikey knocked some cake crumbs into his lap and Mom brushed them off.
'YES!' cried Mikey making everyone jump.
'Ugh fine...' groaned Pete handing over ten dollars.
Mikey whispered to me that Pete bet him he couldn't get my mom to touch his crotch.
'Jesus Christ' I said laughing.


Everyone was chattering at the same time. Mom was fussing over Mikey, Andy was sat on the bed getting into an in depth discussion to Mikey about comics, Joe was hitting on Ali, Ali was enjoying it, Davey was talking to Zack about some creative ideas, and Patrick wand Craig had turned chairs to face eachother and were now duelling on mario kart for DS. And I was just sat there taking in the atmosphere of friends and family. I wondered how long the good feeling would last.
Sign up to rate and review this story