Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > I Need You

Chapter 9

by BeatleBug 2 reviews

Paul apologizes to George and Pattie for his mistake.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Paul McCartney,George Harrison - Published: 2011-08-15 - Updated: 2011-08-15 - 568 words - Complete

0Unrated
Paul decided to stop by George’s house after work. He wanted to apologize again for what had happened that morning- not only to George, but to Pattie as well. He parked in their driveway and stepped up to the door. He rang the doorbell and waited before George opened the door. They stared at each other until George broke up the silence.
“What do you want, Paul?” George asked. “Pattie and I aren’t doing anything for you to peek at again.”
“Listen, George- I’m sorry about this morning,” Paul said.
“What were you even doing here?”
“I don’t know… You were just really late for work, and I figured Pattie hadn’t called last night. So, I thought you were really depressed and… well… committed suicide.”
George bit his lip and looked down.
“I just wanted to make sure you were alright,” Paul said. George looked back up at him.
“Uh, thanks, I guess… you know, for caring, and everything…,” George said, looking back down and scratching his head. “Sorry I gave you a bunch of crap a few minutes ago. I didn’t know,” Then, George looked up at Paul. “I guess I should’ve woken up this morning, shouldn’t have I?” he chuckled.
“Yeah,” Paul said, smiling, “you should have! John and Ringo were laughing at me when I came in!”
“Wait- you told them?” George asked nervously.
“Well, I felt pretty embarrassed and tried not to show it, but they got it out of me,” Paul said. “You’re not mad, are you?” George shrugged.
“I guess I’m not that happy that they found out what I was doing, but I’ll get them tomorrow,” George said.
“Ok, then. And before I leave, do you think I could see Pattie? I want to apologize to her too.”
“Uh, sure- but I don’t think she’ll be too happy to see you,” George said. “I guess you can still try. Who knows?” He turned around. “Hey, Pattie- someone’s here to see you!” George called. Pattie came over with a smile that slowly grew a bit smaller as she saw who it was. She hid shyly behind George.
“Uh, hey there, Pattie!” said Paul. Pattie looked up at George.
“Aw, come on, Pattie- he came just to see you!” George said, looking at her. Pattie didn’t move. George looked back at Paul and shrugged.
“Pattie, I just wanted to apologize about this morning. I didn’t mean to walk in on you two like that. It’s a long story,” Paul said. George looked back at Pattie.
“Can we at least let him in to tell his story?” George asked. Pattie paused for a moment and then nodded her head. George let Paul in and they sat in the living room. Pattie sat down, grabbed a pillow, and started hugging it. After Paul told Pattie what happened, the three remained quiet.
“So… do you forgive me?” Paul asked.
“Of course, Paul!” she smiled, putting the pillow down. Paul sighed in relief.
“I guess I better be going, so-,” Paul started.
“Well, wait- why don’t you stay for dinner?” Pattie asked. “There’s enough for another person.”
“Uh, ok,” Paul said. “Let me just call Jane.”
The three ate and spent a fun night together, talking and laughing about things that went on at work, the store, etc.
Sign up to rate and review this story