Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Save yourself, I'll hold them back

Man in the Mirror

by Ajay21 4 reviews

Gerard is Frank's new project.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-08-15 - Updated: 2011-08-15 - 1720 words

1Funny
A/N I'm backkkk :-) I have some idea's for this story, it's just getting there! I know where i want it to go.. but i don't want things to happen too quickly so im sorry if these next couple of chapters are short and boring, but they're gonna have to be :P AJ xoxo


The next few weeks were hard on everyone really. Gerard had finally been given the all clear from the hospital under clear instructions that he is not to consume any kind of alcohol or other dangerous substances for up to 6 weeks. Mikey - although the younger of the two Ways - is now in charge of Gerard and has to keep a very close eye on him to make sure nothing else is likely to happen. Frank would visit the hospital almost everyday after school. He wanted to try and get as close to him as possible as his friend before he could do anything to help Gerard get over what he was going through. Not a lot was really seen of either Ray or Bob to be honest. They would both visit on the rare occasion and send texts, but they generally had other things to be doing, not that Gerard minded as he hated being the centre of attention anyway so the less people around the better. Frank had actually become a very good friend of the Ways, and on the day of Gerards arrival home he was at their house ready to greet him with a new stack of horror movies.

Monday morning never came quicker. It was Gerard's first day back at school in three weeks. He knew Frank and Mikey had both been having trouble while he wasn't there and he felt so guilty about it. That was his motivation to actually go to school - so he would get the torment and not his family or friends.
"You don't have to go if you're not ready Gee, honestly stay in again today if you want. I don't mind, in fact have the rest of this week off ju.."
"Mikey, breathe. I'm fine. Look, the sooner I get to school and just get it over and done with, the better. There's no point in moping around. Everything will be fine!"
"Are you sure?"
"Mikey, I'm positive. Now go upstairs and make me some coffee!"
"Fine!"
Mikey left his brothers basement and went up the wooden stairs to make coffee for the pair of them.
Gerard then went into his bathroom and took a good look in the mirror. He thought long and hard about how he was going to change his and his baby brother's lives for the better. He was suddenly awoken from his thought's at the sound of his name being yelled down the stairs. For a small kid he's sure got a big mouth! Gerard thought as we got into his black skinnies and plain white t-shirt.
Frank and Bob went to the Ways that morning and met them so they could all walk to school together and Gerard would seem like less of a threat with there being more of them. They also met Ray at the school entrance as they did every morning for a quick smoke before class.

Gerard was thrilled to find that Frank and Bob shared the same classes as he did. It was nice for him to finally have people to talk to for a change. Of course his happy mood was taken away when the door burst open and a very angry looking Matt burst through the door.
"Oh great, the fag's back!" Matt said louder than necessary.
"Just fuck off, prick, noone gives a shit what you think anyway." Frank retaliated.
Gerard nudged Frank's arm and shook his head sending him a panicked look, while Frank just smiled at him.
"Whatever." Was all the Matt could come back with, much to Gerards surprise.
Double math went by pretty quickly for the teens, especially for Gee who found it nice to have some company.
"Mikes, I'm telling you, he just fucking walked off! He backed down! Oh man it was ace!"
"Gee I think you're overreacting a little bit.."
"Maybe, but still. Frank what the fuck did you do to him for him to be that afraid of you?! I mean no offence man, but you're not the scariest looking guy.."
"Hey! I am scary looking!"
Everyone just raised their eyebrows at the even more innocent looking Frank who was now sat pouting.
"Whatever. Anyway, it's for me to know and you to wonder."
"Fine, let's just go to art."
Art being Gerard's favourite lesson, he was actually quite happy about being there, until again of course a certain jock walked through the door. Gerard just slouched down and hid behind his painting, while Frank sat there with a sly grin on his face - this worried Gerard slightly but he decided not to question it knowing he'd probably find out what Frank was up to soon enough.

Frank had taken a mental note earlier that morning that Matt was in fact wearing crème trousers, and suddenly had a cracking idea. Paint! And not just any paint. Red paint! Matt always sat at the table in front of Frank when in Art, and he Frank new Gerard would be sat with him this lesson so he figured this would cheer him up a little. To start with Frank just decided to try and wind Matt up a little, just throw things at him, flick water at him, shout his name then look away. Even Frank thought it was pathetic but he thrived off of how wound up Matt was getting. Then it was time for his plan. Since Frank had befriended most of the people at school anyway, since to his 'reputation' it wasn't hard to get a couple of kids to help him out. He made friends with a girl called Jessica, who he had 'hired' to stand in front of Matt's table and flirt with him as much as possible to distract him. So when Frank gave the signal, she walked over and started chatting to him and flirting with him. Frank also 'hired' some kid called Jake to walk over and try and make out with Jessica. Of course they knew it was all an act, Matt, however was none the wiser, so when Jake came over he immediately rose from his seat and grabbed Jake by his collar. Matt's stool now completely free to be tampered with. Frank got s tub of red paint, and poured a small pool of it onto Matt's chair. When told to sit back down by the teacher, Matt did so with a squelch, though he didn't seem to notice. Just in time, the bell rang signalling the end of class, so Frank walked past Matt and patted him on the back on his way out. Of course there was more to it than just a 'friendly' pat on the back, now everyone - except Matt - knew that Frank had a piece of paper stuck on his hand which was then passed on to be on Matt's back saying 'Sorry, I'm on my period!'

Gerard was literally howling with laughter when Matt entered the corridor and all that could be heard was 'Ewwww!', 'Dude you're disgusting' and 'What the fuck is wrong with you?!' All aimed in Matt's direction. Gerard found it nice to not be on the receiving end for a change!
"I wish I could be more like you, you know, confident, brave."
"It'll come in time dude, just stick with me for a bit and you'll be fine."
"Thanks Frank, for trying to help me and all.."
"It's fine, you're a cool guy."
Gerard couldn't help but smile at this as they were making their way home after the rest of school had finished.
"I think i'm gonna dye my hair." Frank stated randomly.
"Yeah? What colour?"
"Get rid of the red I think. Just have it all black. I'm bored of red now."
"Do it! We'll be the same then." Gerard stated.
Frank looked at him and grinned. "No we won't."
"Huh?"
"You're dying your hair too." Frank told rather than asked.
"Excuse me?! No I'm not?!"
"Yes you are, it's part of the process! Jeez!" Frank said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"No! Nope! No way! My hair is black, staying black, and will always be black! Black suites me, therefore, it. Stays. Black!"
"We'll see."

Back at the Way household, Mikey had gone round to Ray's to give Gee and Frank a bit of alone time. Not even two minutes after entering the house, Frank stated that he was going to the bathroom. He took his bag with him which Gee found slightly odd, but decided not to question it.
Twenty minutes and three cups of coffee later, Frank still hadn't returned and Gerard was starting to get a bit worried. He went upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door.
"Err, Frank?"
...
"Dude, you still in there?"
...
Knock knock
...
Panic was now filling Gerards body as he tried to open the bathroom door but was unable to, when suddenly it swung open revealing a very messy looking Frank who had black all over his clothes and down his face.
"What the fuck happened?!" Gerard managed to get out between laughs.
"I told you I was dying my hair!"
"You, uh, kinda missed!"
"Oh haha! I just had a bit much alright!"
"Whatever man, anyway, it looks cool."
"Thanks, now, it's your turn!" Frank shoved a bottle of bleach blonde hair dye into Gerard's hands, along with a towel, pushed him into the bathroom and held the door shut.
"For fucks sake!"
"Hurry up i'm bored!"
Wow! He has a short attention span! Gerard thought as he slowly opened the bottle. Well.. here goes nothing!

Jeez I really suck at the minute. I am thinking about getting rid of this story and starting a new one. Please let me know if you think it's worth carrying on because at the minute i'm doubting myself and i don't wanna keep boring you all! :P So yeah, please give me some feedback! It's much appreciated! AJ xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story