Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Save Yourself....

Chapter 3: Routine

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Sonic Nightmare feels at home with the Killjoys, but ehy still know next to nothing about her.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-16 - Updated: 2011-08-16 - 604 words - Complete

0Unrated
Dawn came round soon enough, bringing with it the dry heat once again. Frank opened his eyes and stretched his aching limbs. The desert floor was hardly a decent substitute for a proper bed. He stood up and gently kicked Gerard, causing him to stir. " Ugh...what the hell..."
" Get up, come on. We need to get going." Frank looked across at where the girl had gone to sleep last night. She lay there, curled up. She looked very vulnerable. He made his way over to her, but she opened her eyes at the sound of his footsteps and sat up.
" Hey, we're gonna set off in about twenty minutes. You sleep okay?"
" Yeah, alright thanks. I'm used to sleeping on the floor. Just tell me when you're about to go."
" You're used to it? What do you mean?" He looked at her, straight into her blue eyes, but she blushed and looked away quickly. " Doesn't matter. " she mumbled, strands of hair fell across her face and she stood up, then walked over to the car. Frank shook his head and woke up Mikey and Ray.
Gerard leaned back against the hot metal of the car. His head was pounding and the sun made his eyes hurt. He was such a light weight, after just two bottles he'd got a hangover. He was also ashamed of himself. He'd managed to stay sober for seven years and now he'd broken it. He yanked open the door of the car and got in. " Come on, let's go!" he called and started the engine.
Sonic Nightmare gradually got used to the routine. Get up at dawn, drive for nine hours then stop for the night. The fires they made in the evening to keep them warm and to ward off any danger were comforting to her. She got to know each one of the Killjoys, yet they still didn't know much about her. She seemed to feel so at home with them, as if she were there for the same reasons they were. Her words still resonated in Frank's head about her being used to sleeping on the floor. None of them knew quite what to make of this girl that they had picked up just a few days before.
"If we can manage to avoid Zone 9 we should be able to get to a safe zone without any ambushes..." Mikey pointed to their route on the map in front of him. Ray nodded.
" Erm.. if you don't mind me saying, we need to avoid both Zone 9 and Zone 5. Dracs will be everywhere and I..." Sonic Nightmare stopped abruptly, looking away. Ray saw her digging her brightly painted nails into her palms. " So we need to avoid both those zones tomorrow or we'll get caught."
Gerard nodded in agreement, then roughly sketched in their new route.
" Erm.. I'm really tired. I think I'm just going to...go to bed" She got up and went to lie down by the fire.
" How does she know where the dracs are? " Frank said.
" How am I supposed to know? We don't even know her real name do we?" Mikey replied, glancing over to her. " It doesn't matter," Gerard said, " If she knows things we don't we need to keep her with us. She could be a great help to us." He took a last mouthful of beer and threw the bottle behind him. It skidded for a few metres, then slowed, coming to rest at Sonic Nightmare's feet. Unseen by the others, she sat up slowly and picked up the bottle. She shook her head sadly, and lay down again.
Sign up to rate and review this story