Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > These Dreams That Haunt Me

These Dreams That Haunt Me

by Cut-Up-Angel 5 reviews

(Not very good at summaries, please just give me a chance.. please? :D)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-19 - Updated: 2011-08-19 - 1155 words

1Exciting
I held her hand, as we skipped through the meadows, without a care in the world. Her eyes were a beautiful icy blue that you just couldn’t escape from, by will. We sat down, to enjoy the picnic that she’d made us. As she set up, I decided to take in the atmosphere. The sky was as clear as a mirror, and the sun was burning like, well, a hot ball of gas.

Stretching my legs out, I put my hands behind my back and lent on them, tilting my head back and absorbing the sun’s rays. Being quarter Italian was great for making your girlfriend jealous, because you could tan a hell of a lot quicker and better than her. She rolled her eyes at me, as she tucked her dark hair back behind her ears.

She handed me the flask of coffee, and I downed it. Coffee was my life, well, next to Celia. She laughed at me and my crazed addiction to caffeine; naturally, I kept asking why she was laughing at me, like that. All I got was her shaking her head and giggling louder. Not the response I wanted, but okay.

I felt something tickle my hand. After screaming and freaking out at the possibility of it being a rat or a spider, I looked back and saw that it was only a daisy. As Celia finished unpacking all the food and plates, I make her a daisy chain crown, how she didn’t notice me doing it, I don’t know.

That one second that she wasn’t looking, I put it on her head. It fell off, like a bitch.

“What the fuck?” she gasped. Once Celia had calmed down, she hugged me. “Oh, it’s beautiful, thank you,” she smiled.

When she’d finished, I went straight for the veggie burgers. They were cold, but hell were they good. According to her, my behaviour around food needed working on, I acted like an animal. Did she not know how old I was? C’mon, who knows a 19 year old male, who isn’t a barbaric freak of nature around food? Exactly.

The picnic was small; there was enough food for the both of us and more. Once, I’d say we but Celia didn’t eat all that much, I’d eaten all the food, she packed up and be began walking back to the car. The sun was setting; the bats and ghosts were finally coming out to play. Because of hacing absolutely nothing to do, as a child, we all used to watch horror movies and create draw our own characters, so I was quite the ‘horror freak’. “Yes!” I screamed in my head, and apparently out loud.

“What? Why’d you say ‘yes’?” she asked, trying to hide the little hint of laughter. Ah, shit, what was I supposed to tell her?

“Well,” I scratched my neck. “I’ve decided that you…” I paused, thinking of the perfect thing to say, that wouldn’t make me seem weird. Then again, Celia knew me so well; we’d been dating for 3 years now. “Are the most wonderful person in the world,” I said, grinning the cheesiest smile that I could, to cover up my lie.

She grabbed my face and kissed me on my lips. Hers tasted like the homemade potato salad she’d made, and that I’d been craving all week; whereas, mine probably tasted like coffee. When she pulled away, she was smiling.

“As if,” she replied, taking my hand. “Could we take the long way home? It’s just; me and mom have had an argument, so yeah…”

“Why not? Won’t make much difference to me,” I beamed, swinging my arm, cutting the air.

The stars were coming out, they were all so beautiful, obviously, nowhere near as stunning as Celia, but still. My legs were aching, how far had we walked? I saw the car, about 100 metres away, thank God.

Celia unlocked the door to her red Rover Cabriolet, dumped the basket in the back seat, and tumbled in. I climbed in the passenger side and belted myself in.

“Please don’t get angry, but I need to tell you something,” she said, her voice was shaky, this really wasn’t good news. I looked at her, with a blank stare, encouraging her to continue. “I just feel like we’ve met the end of us, I like someone else and I don’t think that us being together is doing anything for me anymore,” she finished.

My hand entered my pocket, and I hit something cold and metal. I cocked it, grabbed the handle and drew the object. A gun? Since when did I have a gun in my pocket? Since when did I even know how to use a gun!? I heard Celia swallow, she was shivering.

“I know, this is a shock, but please. Don’t, you don’t need to do that, please,” she was scared. Heck, I was alarmed too; I don’t ever remembering putting a pistol in my pocket.

“If I can’t have you, no one can,” I laughed, manically. That wasn’t even close to what I was thinking, I couldn’t control my actions, just my eyes. They drifted to her hands, they were trembling; we were bound to crash. “You’re my world. If I lose you, everyone loses you too,”

The pistol was getting closer to Celia’s head. Her gaze kept changing between me and the road.

“Please, there’s no need for this, just put it down. We can talk,” she proposed. I felt a single, evil laugh pass my lips. This wasn’t me doing this, but I couldn’t say anything, I couldn’t do anything.

“Too late to talk, don’t you think?” I mumbled. “Good bye, Celia.”

As I pulled the trigger, we crashed into a tree. The world went black.

When I was conscious again, I was falling. Was this what death was like? There was no white light, like in the cartoons, that sucked. I looked to my left and saw Celia, still out of it. Her face was covered in blood, and I noticed the tiny hole entering her head, where I’d shot her.

I woke up, startled. My pulse was high and I was surprised I hadn’t drowned in my own sweat. Crawling up into a ball, I pushed my knees into my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I began rocking back and forth.

“Just a dream, Gerard. Celia would never leave you. You’d never shoot her. It was just a dream,” it wasn’t the first time that had happened, and I knew it wasn’t the last. The only thing I had to comfort me was the darkness of my room, which wasn’t at all comforting.
Sign up to rate and review this story